STDs Community
Pink plaque on glans(glands) - please diagnose
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pink plaque on glans(glands) - please diagnose

I am concerned about a small pinkish plaque on my penis, barely raised, which has been there for 5 months. Under a light, it appears to have a small dimple/indentation in the middle (could also be a flat piece of scaly/dry skin, not sure). It is painless, it does not itch, and does not appear to be inflamed. I've attempted to squeeze it, but it has not ruptured. There are no other such marks (or any other symptoms for that matter) on my penis. I've tried to diagnose it and I've limited to either lichen planus or molluscum contagiosum. I do not believe I have venereal warts and strongly doubt that I have an STD or an STI. I have been sexually active since this has developed and it has not spread to my partner.

For as long as I can remember, small, red, very sensitive (very uncomfortable, even contact with my underwear was unpleasant) plaques have occasionally developed (only one plaque at a time) on certain spots of my penis and lasted for 1-2 weeks, every three or so months. They didn't leave scars, and never formed in the same place. The last time this happened was just before this pinkish plaque formed, so I'm concerned that it may be a scar. Five months ago, three of these small, red, sensitive plaques developed around the meatus. As I recall, the worst of these spots was located right where this lump is now. They lasted for about three days before scabbing (I applied hydrocortisone cream twice every day) I can't remember if this plaque immediately appeared or if it developed over time.

I've included some images in case that helps. Please give me any information you can, and any suggestions for treatment. I was also wondering if salicylic acid might remove the plaque?