STDs Community
Pubic Rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Pubic Rash

Female, 20 yrs old, safe-sexually active with a single partner, both of us were tested and clear of any STDs
About 3 days ago I noticed a rash in my pubic hair. I trim the hair down, but I don't shave it completely. The rash consists of many little red bumps over where the hair is. After itching one that was especially irritated by the waist of my jeans, it turned into a little pimple filled with white puss that was easily popped. There are three bumps like the ones in the rash on my inner thighs, which i popped also, but now they are actually sore if pressed. I noticed some white flakes on the outer labia, especially when the rash was scratched. I've been looking up symptoms for pubic lice and things, but I haven't seen any lice. Any suggestions on what's going on or ideas for treatment?
It sounds like folliculitis.  Since its kind of widespread, you might need to see a doctor for antibiotics.  Don't pop anymore - you could be spreading it.

Aj