STDs Expert Forum
Risk Assesment Please

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Risk Assesment Please

Hello Doctors.  Im a male in my late 20's and had an exposure that I'm curious if I'm at any significant risk.  The exposure included mouth to mouth kissing with a stripper.  It also included genital rubbing which involved her on top of my rubbing her vagina on my penis for less than 30ish seconds.  There was no penetration at all however I did reach climax.  Based upon those exposures which occurred approx 30 days ago what am I at risk for.  Female states she is STD free, I have no symptoms of any STD's, and reading other posts it looks like the risk is small.  Just wondering when I can be certain I am in the clear here or must I test in order to know for sure for all STDs?  Female was maybe 21 or 22 and I didn't see anything on her that would be an obvious STD symptom.  Also I do have HSV1 and get a cold sore or two a year ad have ever since childhood.  Thanks in advance..I guess last thing is that I do have a regular partner as would like to move on with my life with her and put this behind me and not infect her..
Welcome to the Forum.  I'll be pleased to comment.  You are in the clear.  As far as the most common STDs such as chlamydial infection, gonorrhea or NGU, without penetration there is no risk for infection.  Had she had herpes or for that matter, syphilis, by now you would have developed a lesion at the site of contact.  thus you can be confident that you did not acquire an STD with the exposure you describe.  I see no reason for concern and no reason for testing.  

I hope this comment is helpful.  You can move on without concern.  EWH
Thanks for the lightning quick reply Dr.  Best words I've ever heard in my life..thanks again and take care sir.
Glad to help. Take care. EWH