STDs Expert Forum
Risk from golden shower / oral sex with bleeding in mouth / gum

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear Doctor

Hoping you can please answer a bit of a weird question for me. Yesterday, I went for a massage with hand relief. I was also given a golden shower and swallowed some of the girl's urine. I also kissed the girl's genitalia. Although I obviously got urine in my mouth, I do not think I got her vaginal secretions in my mouth although this could very well have happened as I likely got it on my lips.

My concern is about 36 hours prior to this incident, I managed to burn the area of my mouth just behind the top front teeth adjacent to the roof of the mouth when eating some hot soup. When I got home following the massage, I put some toilet paper on the burnt area and there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper so it was still bleeding when the incident occured. I understand from reading the forum that these is no risk of HIV in this situation - please let me know if this is incorrect. My concern is of other STDs or indeed any other serious illnesses. I am a healthy individual on the whole and think I have a normal immune system. Should I be worried by her urine coming into contact with the bleeding burnt throat / gum area?

Thanks for your help and apologies for the question being a bit 'out there'.
Welcome back to the Forum.  Your assessment is correct, neither your golden shower, nor your kissing of her genital area, nor even cunnilingus if performed represents a meaningful risk for any STD, including HIV. All sexual contacts are not created equally and oral to female genital contact is amongst the lowest risk sex acts one can take part in.  The present of a recent burn with a tendency to bleed on the inside of your mouth does not change this- still no risk and therefore, no need for testing of any sort.  

I would not worry about the exposures you mention above and see no reason to seek testing.  EWH
Thanks very much for your response, Dr Hook. I'm hoping you can answer one follow up question for me. I'm not planning to try golden showers again and appreciate that this is an STD forum, but since golden showers are a sexual activity, albeit a taboo one, hoping you can help. Are there any other general health concerns that I should be worried about from this exposure, particularly with an open bleeding burn?

Thanks again.
No, typically there would be little risk in "golden showere".  Urine is typically sterile.  I would not be concerned about health risks.  EWH
Thanks Dr Hook - much appreciated!
Glad to help.  EWH