STDs Community
STD Urine Test

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

STD Urine Test

I had a Chlamydia and Gonorrhea urine test 11 days post possible exposure.  The test was done by Nucleic Acid Amplification.  My urine was also in my bladder for an hour and I only sampled the begining part of my stream per the test collecter.  I was negative for both.  

Is this an accurate test and would you consider it conclusive?  

I never had any symtoms (symptoms) and feel fine but I want to be sure that these tests are accurate.  I am not sure the status of the female I had brief non-protected sex with, few minutes.
It is accurate and conclusive.
I had retaken the test to make sure it was accurate and you were right.  Negative again.  Thanks for your help Vance.

One more question, can you actually pass on either of these if you tested negative?  Meaning can you be a carrier of the disease but not acutally test positive for it?  Or does carrier mean that you have it but that you are not acutally showing any symptoms but it would still show up on a test?

Thanks again.
The second neagtive test was 6 weeks following the possible exposure.  Everything still felt fine, just wanted to be sure.
No such thing as a carrier. You either have it and test positive or you don't and test negative. You are negative.
Thanks Vance!