STDs Expert Forum
Still symptomatic?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Still symptomatic?

Dr. HHH has graciously answered a few of my (probably) anxiety fueled questions, but one troubling symptom remains.

Here is what has happened since my last post.  Had g/c urine test, results negative - but was on my third week of cipro at time of testing, that being said, my symptoms were still present, even during the time of the test:  discomfort in lower urethra, bilateral discomfort of testicles, and on a couple of occasions, very small amount of clear very sticky discharge after some substantial milking of penis.

The dr.  Has assured me that I was in a very low/no risk situation, and there is no chance my wife has strayed either.

I did feel better after HHH's responses, and the negative test results, but now i am concerned about the cipro making the test, and my lingering testicular discomfort.  I took (an additional) 1G of Z pack a few days and the remaining 2 pills 11 hours later.

This was 4 days ago, a testicle discomfort is still present.  There are times throughout the day where they seem to "hang" fine with no swelling or discomfort...  But other times, like in the am, they are pulled close t my body and my )I guess) sperm chord feels sore.

It's almost the same discomfort that my testes feel when my ibs causes stomach cramping... Except without the cramping,

Does this sound like a slight case of epididymitis that I am just keeping at bay with the antibiotics, or am I just losing my mind with fear, and anxiety?

Thanks again Docs.
I'm sorry that you see that you seem to be having trouble accepting the good advice that Dr. Handsfield has provided.  As he told you, there was essentially no risk from the events that you describe.  Thus there was no need for testing.  You have tested anyway which was a waste of time since if you actually had gonorrhea, chlamydia or NGU the 3 weeks of cipro may have very well made your tests negative.  

The small amount of clear discharge you are able to find are most likely the result of irritation from your repeated self-examination and squeezing your penis to the point where you have expressed the normal secretions that are typically present in uninfected men.  

As far as your testicles are concerned, this sort of variation in where they hand is normal and should not concern you.  Nor should the discomfort that your anxiety appears to have brought to your attention.  

My advice- HANDS OFF YOUR PENIS!!!!! Stop the repeated self-examination and squeezing.  Relax and get your unwarranted, guilt driven anxieties under control. If you cannot do this yourself, seek the confidential assistance of a trained counselor or mental health professional.  

I hope these comments are helpful to you..  EWH
Concerned about the Cipro MASKING the test.  Sorry,  typo.
I hear you completely, and would love nothing more than to relax.

This will be my last question, I just need clarification on the possibility of epididymits (or lack thereof).

Epididymitis (or other std related testicle pain) would be more obvious than what I am experiencing, no?

Thank you both.  I will await your answer, and ask no further questions.
Yes, it would be obvious.

This thread needs to end now.  EWH
Dr.  I just wanted to ask for some clarification on testing,  the test I tool (as mentioned above) was a urine Aptima g/c test.  Would the Cipro have masked a current infection?  I have read multiple postings by Dr. HHH that state that antibiotics "rarely if ever mask an infection" and that they make a test negative by "curing it"

It would be reassuring to know that I am nterner ting Dr. HHH properly. As I still have symptoms, and this would be some pretty concrete evidence that this is all in my head!

Thanks for your patience with me,
*interpreting
If you had symptoms the test would have worked.

All further questions will be deleted without comment.  EWH