Strange scarlet skin rash - mycoplasma related?
Hi Dr. Nicholson,

Thanks firstly for your time here on the forum and your efforts and research over the years. I am asking regarding my own condition - I have been suffering with NGU/NSU for the past ~ 3 months following a sexual encounter.  All lab work was negative for infectious causes, including repeated urine cultures and blood tests for various organisms, even a blood culture.  

I suspect mycoplasma infection but I have not been able to get a test done for this.  I have had a persistent scarlet red rash on my glans penis which becomes much more apparent when  I am aroused/erect.   I have had difficulty showing or explaining this to MDs as I am usually not excited to be in their offices.  Even the digital images I show were not of use to them.  I have the rash on other parts of body (trunk/forehead) but not as noticeable normally nor persistent oddly unless I drink coffee.

The rash is non itchy, skin looks cracked and appears to be sunburned sometimes with a mild ache (although I have never been sunburned on my glans before).   I have never had psoriasis in my life and I do not think psoriasis is infectious, and I feel like this was something I have acquired.

I was on doxy for ~ 2 weeks and I had some benefit, but it made me quite nauseous the last several days.  Presently I still have intermittent urinary discomfort and this infernal rash that never seems to be going away.  I have seen dermatologists and feel like I tried every cream in the world (even calendula lotion) with no improvement.

I wonder if this sounds like mycoplasm, if there could be any benefit to trying long term low dose antibiotics therapy, and could mycoplasm cause a cyst in the liver or bartholin cyst?  

Thanks again for your time and expertise.
i believe you posted this on the wrong forum.
whoops