STDs Expert Forum
Tingling sensation vulva

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Tingling sensation vulva

Ive been having a very mild  tingling itchy feeling in vagina area for a week.Yesterday i experiences pretty bad lower back pain for a few hours that was cured by advil. Ive noticed slight lower abdomen pain mainly on left side but also in middle. And i cannot really tell but i may have a slight increase in urination. I have been tested a year ago for herpes a couple times and other STDs all negative. I have been with the same person for years so the likely hood of an STD is low unless it was a faulty test. I have had  UTI's, kidney infections, and yeast infections and my symptoms are usually a lot more pronounced. Do you have any idea what may be wrong?

Welcome to the STD forum.

Your symptoms are quite nonspecific -- there may be nothing abnormal going on at all; or you could have a yeast infection, chlamydia, or other STD.  Herpes isn't very likely, based only on these symptoms -- and since you have tested negative for herpes, you can be quite sure you don't have it.  (The symptoms you described on the herpes community forum in 2008 could have been caused by herpes, so I'm glad to hear that subsequent tests for it were negative.)

There isn't much more that I can say from this distance.  You should see a health care provider for professional evaluation.  Most likely no STD is responsible, but better safe than sorry -- and professional exam and testing is the only way to know for sure.

Feel free to report the outcome after you have been professionally evaluated.  Good luck.

HHH, MD
Dr. Handsfield,
My doctor told me i had a yeast and BV infection. She said she found a little yeast. I commonly get these individually but is it common to get them together?
Nothing unusual here; BV and yeast can occur simultaneously.  
My doctor never gave me a urnalysis to test for a UTI. But ive been having flank pain is it possible i have all three UTI,BV,and small yeast infection? If so would the metronidazole for my BV cure the UTI?
I suppose it's possible. But this isn't an STD question, the only topic for this forum.  You should ask the doctor treating you.