STDs Expert Forum
Two Red tender sores

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Two Red tender sores

Dear Doctor,

since more than a year, I have been having a small tender closed sore at the base of my p****, it comes and goes and it tends to get more obvious ( red and tender ) after shaving. when I had it the first time i'm sure that i have never been in a risky relationship. I popped it once as I was shaving and there was only blood. A month ago, it opended by itself and it's like there was one hair iside, i'm not sure but there was something black and I let it go until the last week I had another one in the same area two weeks after shaving and I started to get scared. For history purposes, I have been to some escorts this last year but it was only cuddling and some kissing and a masturbation-like session and that's it. The only risky situations I had in my life were more than a year ago and it was protected vagi***** intercourse and protected oral recieved with two escorts. I had a medical checkup after the last one - for the work - and it was fine. Can you please help me doctor to figure this out ?
Welcome back to the forum.

Your description is very typical for some sort of minor skin problem like a sebaceous cyst or perhaps chronically ingrown hair.  Whatever the underlying defect, it sounds like it periodidically gets infected or otherwise inflamed.  No STD would behave in the way you describe, and I'm confident this has nothing to do with the sexual exposures you have described.

My advice is to sit tight until the next time the lesion flares up, then get it professionally examined by your personal physician or other clinic.  Don't mess with it (no squeezing, scraping, poking, etc) before you are seen.  Or if the bump is persisting now, you needn't wait.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Than you Dr.Handsfield for the very fast response, this has been really helpful. I will try to schedule an appointment with a specialized physician.

Best Regards,
Good plan, but I don't think you need a specialist.  If you already have a relationship with a dermatologist, that would be fine -- but if not, your GP or any doctor will be able to sort this out.
Thanks Doctor, I will visit my GP, it will be awkward but it's a must. Thank you again doctor and I wish you all the best.
What will be awkward?  You have a minor, garden variety skin condition.  The fact that it involves your penis is irrelevant and not a cause of embarrassment.

Thanks for the thanks about the forum.
Dear Dr. Handsfield,

I went to the family physician and he told me it's just a bacteria and he suspected that it might be like chronic and prescribed me a cream " Fucidin H" and Zinnat tablets . What do you think doctor ?

Best Regards,
No distant online expert can compete with the diagnosis of a doctor who has directly examined someone.  Therefore, I won't try.  Your doctor probably is correct -- and most important, you can now put STDs to rest.