STDs Community
Ureaplasma Urealyticum

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Ureaplasma Urealyticum

I've read in this forum that getting positive results for Ureaplasma in genital tracts is not really an important issue. What about having a 430 (where maximal ia 250 or so) score at Ureaplasma in blood test? I've been having high temperature (up to 39C) three weeks in a row, by two-three days yeach, and then it settled to 37,2 - 37,4 for already three months, accompanied by muscle pains. And the temperature only drops down to 36,9 after 10p.m. each evening and then goes up again during the day. So I've been doing all sorts of test (DNA, reumathological, general blood and urine, hormones, etc,) and all are apparently OK. except for the gynecologycal - Ureaplasma in blood. Is it possible that this sub-febrile temperature is determined by this ureaplasma? should it be treated?

Thank you so much!
I'm sorry but you are not in the US so really not much we can help you with here. also typically we don't test for it with blood tests - only culture. I'm not sure if the blood tests are even worthwhile to be honest.

I suggest paying to post to the std experts about this issue.

grace