STDs Expert Forum
What are the chances of catching an STD from a one night stand?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I had a very brief one night stand with a longtime friend. Both very drunk. Both heterosexual, married, monogomous for the last 5-6 years. She has 2 kids, me, 3. I am male. Received about 30-45 seconds of oral from her. Gave her about 30 seconds of oral. Unprotected penile/vaginal intercourse for less than 5 minutes total...no ejaculation. I took a 500 mg of a z-pack that day and followed it with 1.25 gms of zithromax the following day. Talked to her, she's never tested positive or been treated for an STD. I'd like to think my chances are slim but mentally I am a wreck. Both swore never to tell our spouses as we both realize it was a gross error in judgement but would hate for my wife to find out by testing positive down the line. Any help would be great.
Both you and your partner are low risk for having STDs and thus it is unlikely that you gave anything to one another.  In addition, the azithromycin you took is likely to have cured and/or prevented infection with any typical bacterial STDs which might have been present.  I think that, other than your own guilt, you have little to worry about.

If per chance you wish to be 100% sure over and above my comments, I would suggest you go to your local health department STD clinic.  These sites hold confidentiality at a premium, do high quality work and inexpensive.  Testing at this time will be accurate and will confirm that you do not have an STD from your encounter.

Hope this helps.  EWH
This happened on Sunday. Today is Wednesday.
Hey Doctor,
Posted earlier and added to it. I think I am paranoid more than anything but I made and error earlier.. On the day of my one night stand I took 500mg of Zithromax and then followed it on Monday with 7 more 250mg pills. Total in 24 hours was 2..25 GMs of zithromax. Would you recommend follow up screening based on my whole story?
No change in my answer.  EWH