STDs Community
White dot on penis tip? STI? penis pimple?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

So i've had a single white dot on the tip of my penis for 1 1/2 weeks. It looks just like a pimple, completely white and only red when irritated. I had convinced myself I had HPV since I had some unprotected sex with a new partner recently and the infection is so common among sexually active young adults.

So I went to Planned Parenthood this morning and because I already have an HMO they wouldn't see me unless i was willing to pay $270, no way man. I chose PP for the convince and confidentiality, i just wanted someone to take a look at my penis, but apparently i should've lied about my insurance and income to get some free medical advice.

Anyways, I did the vinegar & acid rap test for HPV at home and I had absolutely no reaction to the solution. What the heck else could this be? It is totally painless and I haven't been successful in popping it because the skin is so sensitive on the head i always stop short.

One final theory I developed was that I've been using the same "Skeet Rag" to fire loads into when I masturbate before I got to sleep each night. I didn't change the rag for like 1 1/2 weeks ( ya i know its gross) ... one week later the pen tip sized white dot appeared. Did I just clog my pores on the penis or cause some kind of infection with my own semen? I am so sick of this, I've been through all the stages of of bad news - started with denial and i finally worked my way into acceptance last night now I don't know what to think. I am going to go to my primary heathcare provider for a proper examination in a week, anyone else have any ideas what this could be?

You can go to an std clinic and get it checked there for a hell of a lot less than $270 - its usually free or very low cost.  The most I've heard of its $40.

Don't try and pop it anymore, and let a doctor see it.  It could be just a clogged pore, but you want to make sure it isn't a wart or something you'd need an antibiotic for.

And please, change that rag every time lol.

AJ
From now on i'm firing off all of my knuckle children in the shower!
LOL good.  You couldn't infect yourself with anything STD-related, but you could have other bacteria that's grown on that thing that could be causing this.

Aj