STDs Expert Forum
can not figure it out?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

can not figure it out?

Hello doc,

this is my story. i'm married happily. yes i regret deeply.
on 14th December 2012 i recieved unprotected fellatio from CSW.
after 4-5 days, i felt discomfort in my penis. to describe it; tingling, discomfort at the tip of the penis.
this feeling goes on all day, sometimes dissappears then comes back.
no discharge (i check each day), no redness, no rash, no pain in testicles. no pain while urination.
i went to the clinic to get tested for gon/chlamidia. they said no need and they said take 100mg x 2 daily for seven days tetradox (doxcyclin).
i did it. but the symptoms kept on. i went to the urologist. he said i'm on antibiotics. i can't do anything but gave me shot of Rocephin.
Then i went to holiday for New year with my wife. i kept away from having sex (she's becoming suspicious).
all dissappeared.
we came back, i went straight to the urologist. he did swab and urine test. gonorrhea / chlamedia came negative.
also did ultrasound for me said prostate looks fine and tell me to forget.
but the feeling i described above (tingling, mild pain, discomfort at tip of the penis) came back.
ı went back to him. he gave me 28 days on tavanic (ı guess it's levaquin in US).
now i'm on my 23rd day of it and almost 67 days past after the event and this feeling hasn't gone!
1) what's that supposed to be? i don't think anxiety can make this much. i guess there's something wrong.
2) i still haven't had sex with my wife. this is ruining my marriage? is it safe to have sex with her?
3) Can it be some kind of NGU?
4) i also had hiv & antigen test on 55th day. came negative. is it reliable?

i highly appreciate if you tell me your opinion.
after the antibiotics finish, i'm planning to see a real good professor.
please show me a way. a happy marriage is going down for a drunken night's mistake.
Thanks so much.

Welcome to the Forum. I'll try to help.  What is going on here is almost certainly (one can never be completely sure but I AM confident of this) not an STD.  Few STDs are acquired through oral sex and the most common one to follow receipt of oral sex is non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) which would have been reliably treated both by the doxycycline and the levofloxacin that you have taken.  

My suspicion is that this is a manifestation of your increased attention/vigilance regarding symptoms. We know reliably that when persons start to look for symptoms they are more likely than not to notice what are normal sensations that would have been overlooked in other circumstances.  Alternatively, another possibility is what is called the chronic pelvic pain syndrome or CPPS which is well described in Wikipedia.  

In answer to your specific questions:
I think you and I disagree on this.  Anxiety CAN do this.  I have seen it many times.  If your doctors are not finding anything it is time to try to move forward.  If things worsen you should go back to a health care provider who you have seen before so that they have the benefit of perspective from your prior evaluation.  

Yes it is safe.  I would not worry.

3) Can it be some kind of NGU?
No.

Yes, this test is reliable (further, I should add that there has NEVER been a case of HIV documented to occur as a result of receiving oral sex.

I hope my comments are helpful.  EWH
Dr. Hook, thanks so much getting back to me that quickly.
i understand all you say but something crawling my mind.
it went away 5-6 days. i guess during that time i managed to forget about it but it came back again. in the first period of my complains it was like a mild pain in my penis (not the tip necessarily) then it turned into a discomfort / tingling of the tip of penis. this effects my daily life. discomfort and pain takes me away concentrating on my work.
if my mind makes this feeling, why it came back after 5-6 days pause?
if it's not an std, as you mentioned something else, all these started right after the event. i didn't have any complains till that day (i'm 38 yrs old).
can this such a coincindence happen? i can't accept that.
I'm sorry you cannot accept the advice I have provided.   I cannot explain the time sequence of your symptoms however I remain confident they are not related to STD of any sort.  EWH