STDs Expert Forum
oral sex and laryngitis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

oral sex and laryngitis
I am a married man. 11 days ago I had unprotected cunnilingis with a girl I met at a club, although there was no intercourse. I now have laryngitis. Could there be a connection and, if so, what do I do?I hear that tests can sometimes take a long time to come back. My wife will get suspicious if I refuse sex.

Thanks for your help.
It is unlikely due to an STD and probably not related to the sexual exposure you describe.  More likely a garden-variety cold virus you picked up sometime since then.  Cunnilingus is almost never a source of STD transmission and you can be confident you have nothing you can transmit to your wife--other than your cold virus.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I should have mentioned that this was a one off. I have been faithful for 15 years before this mistake.
Thank you so, so much.
Can someone please give me some advise. I had unprotected sex twice with a man. I have no reason to think he has anything. I was being very stupid when I did this. Since he says he did not *** in me do you think my risk was low for HIV? i was thinking about going and getting tested b/c it wouldn't hurt to be sure. I guess my question is since he did *** in me is the risk low. Please help!!!!

Thanks so much!!!