STDs Community
resolution of symtpoms

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

resolution of symtpoms

I was recently diagnosed with gonorrhea 7 days ago and prescribed suprax 400mg and azithromycin 1g; both of which I took 7 days ago.  Since that time, my discharge has resolved (it was never that copious to begin with) and my symptoms have substantially improved.  However, I continue to have episodic pain/burning with urination and sometimes this can persist at the tip of the urethra following voiding.  Again this is episodic.  I think overall I'm 90-95% better and I do not have a discharge or any other symptoms.  My question is: 1)what is the typical time to symptom (ie dysuria) resolution  2)When should I be concerned?  3)Is there any utility to obtaining repeat testing?  

Thank you
1) Can take up to 2 weeks
2) 1-2 weeks after the medication is finished
3) Don;t understand what your asking