Results from my sleep study
Hi All -

I went to doc today for my results from sleep study and everything was normal so he is going to start me on medication to see if it can help with my fatigue.

Happy Holidays! I hope you are all well

Jib Jen
I'm glad the sleep study went well and all was normal.Hopefully the new med for fatigue will help.
Please let me know how it works and the name of med so I can tell my doc about it.
I've had to reschedule MRI 3 times and then pre cert ran out and now it is reset for this Friday. So we'll see!
I wish you a blessed Christmas and safe and happy New Year.
Thanks for the encouragement you always give us here!
Hugs and blessings,

I will. He is starting me on Amentadine (not sure of spelling)

I wish you luck with MRI

Love Jibs
How is working for you?

Hey Jibs, Happy New Year to you and everybody !

Guess what? I came across a study recently in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences 218 (2004) 103 – 108.

From my naturopathic studies, I learnt that Acetyl L-Carnatine, helps with CFS fatigue according to trials and MS fatigue, but no trials that showed its effectiveness in MS related fatigue.
It wasn't until recently, that after recommending this to an MS friend,
who was on Amantadine but was having problems and asked me if there any studies on Acetyl L-Carnitine and MS fatigue, and sure enough...

"Comparison of the effects of Acetyl L-Carnitine and Amantadine for the
      treatment of fatigue in multiple sclerosis: results of a pilot,
       randomised, double-blind, crossover trial (University of Rome)"

The results of this study show that Acetyl L- Carnitine is better tolerated and more effective than Amantadine  for treatment of MS-related fatigue.

A reduction of FSS (fatigue severity scale) score was observed in 70% (21/30)of patients during Acetyl L-Carnitine treatment,
and in 43% (13/30)of patients during Amantadine intake
(McNemar test,p = 0.073).

You may want to do a search for the study or I can send you a pm with the link.
If you don't mind I'll post this in the MS Community for the benefit of the
members there.
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us