Sexual Health Community
Addicted to Porn

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Addicted to Porn

I am addicted to porn and wonder if this is due to the actual sexual act or the intimacy act.  I am still a virgin, and want to ask if this will affect my sexual intimacy when I become sexually active?  Any help on overcoming porn?  It is such a strong physical addiction...
It could affect you when you start to have sex with someone, or it might not. After a while some people will only get aroused watching porn and nothing can take it's place, or sometimes people can only orgasm trying to do things people do in porn. Porn is not real life, most women don't want a huge penis, they do not want anal sex, they do not want sperm on their face (some do the the majority don't).

Best advise is if you think it is truly a problem you should see a therapist or just completly get rid of every movie and magazine you have. The time you spent watching porn dedicate to other things like school work, volunteer, reading, sports...whatever your interests are.