Sexual Health Community
Anal sex due to painful vaginal sex...

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Anal sex due to painful vaginal sex...

I have a question about those of us women that have issues with pain in regards to vaginal penetration. I am a 40 y.o. woman and for the past several years vaginal penetration has become very painful every time my husband and I were intimate. The only way I can have sex that is enjoyable is oral or anal sex (took months to actually be able to really enjoy anal sex). My question is a friend of mine mentioned that there was a connection between anal sex and rectal cancer, is that true? And the second part of my question is it common for women to get more enjoyment from anal penetration than vaginal? My orgasm are many times more intense then they ever were during vaginal sex.

Thanks,
C
When was your last pap smear? Vaginal sex shouldn't be painful. You need to see a gyn for this.

There are some links between HPV and anal cancer (as well as vaginal, and cervical cancers). If your husband carries HPV you may want to get the vaccine/ use condoms. Besides this possibility, the only other way I can imagine anal sex could influence rectal cancer is by making you think blood in your stools is from too rough of sex and ignoring it. Although if you think about it, do gay men have a significantly higher rate of rectal cancer than straight men? If anal sex and rectal cancer were related you would see at HUGE leap.

If you are one of the many woman who have always found it difficult to orgasm from vaginal sex, I don't think it's surprising/worrisome that anal sex gives you more powerful orgasms. Anal sex puts pressure on different parts of the vagina that may be more sexually stimulating that vaginal sex alone.

Still it's concerning that vaginal sex is painful. If your last gyn appointment was been longer than a year ago you need to get a pap smear. Either way you need to discuss it with your doctor asap.
Thanks Ducky,
I have a tipped uterus that has always caused discomfort during sex, but it became much worse after I had my children. I have read that anal sex causes incontinence or rectal cancer, so it is always in the back of my mind.
If the problem stems from your uterus being shaped odd, is it possible to get it removed? It would definitely be considered an elective surgery but it may be worth looking into. (Unless of course you're completely satisfied by anal sex, I just suggest it because I know I wouldn't be.)
Ducky, yes removal is always an option but I am concerned about issues with hormonal imbalance (according to the Doc) once my uterus is removed.
Regular vaginal sex is so extremely painful, and I do mean painful (I feel a sharp pain all the way up my back) that I can only get pleasure from oral or anal sex. I hope this is not to embarrassing to say but I prefer ctitoral stimulation during anal sex. It has been this way now for almost 6 years that is why I am concerned about the long term issues. I have noticed a couple of issues at times, but nothing that seems to last long term.
I've never even given a second thought to possible hormonal imbalances or side effects- most of the women in my family got cervical cancer and had to have hysterectomies before 30. So I guess I've always seen it as a little natural and harmless procedure.

Well like I said, never heard about any complications. And even then colon cancer is a very preventable/treatable cancer if caught early. Just be extra cautious about potential symptoms to make sure nothing is overlooked.
butterrss,
Thanks for your input. Permanent fecal incontinence is one of my biggest concerns because I have noticed small issues with short term incontinence after we are intimate at times.