Sexual Health Community
Can women get "blue balls"? I call it blue lips!

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Sometimes when I have intercourse for long periods of time, my whole vagina swells up, every part of it drastically and can last a few days. I notices it happens easier If i dont have an orgasm. It can be very painful and makes it impossible for anything to enter my vagina. I know they say men getting blue balls is a myth and my hubby and I have always just called this problem blue lips because it seems it most often happens if I dont ***. If I can get myself to *** afterwards it seems to help a whole lot, but most of the time I cant be touched or anything, so im not able to *** anyway. Last time the swelling lasted almost 5 days!! Can you tell me really why this happens and if theres anything I can do to decrease the swelling after the fact?
Yes, I believe that something similar can happen also to (some) women. My girlfriend says that when she is too aroused for too long without reaching an orgasm, it can be painful for her and the tension may make her unable to get the relief. Fortunately, we are usually able to finish this stage by orgasm(s).
The only prevention I know about is to get the relief by reaching orgasm before it gets "too late". Not to prolong the "suffering" :)