Sexual Health Community
Dry skin? Sex health- penis

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Dry skin? Sex health- penis

Ok so the problem I have is that when I'm erect I'm 7" but when I'm flaccid I'm less then half my normal erect girth and only like 1-2". I have gone through having hyperthyroidism through puberty and after 4 years at 16 it burnt out and went hypothyroid well still clearly in puberty. My family had no insurance at that point and could t go to docs or get meds any more. I don't understand why this happens how it changes so much in size but the issue I'm having now is I have a little extra foreskin cause the cut wasn't clean and now after I have sex the skin around my penis is cracked and open like when my hands dry out in winter and crack open. I was wondering what I can do to get this to stop cause after one time of sexual intercourse I can't go again cause its cracked and split like dry skin and is beyond extremely painful. What should I do, I'm far to embarrassed to go in to my doctor and explain the problem knowing he's gonna wanna check it out and at flaccid it's so small :-( please help!!
Hi JT, first a little education for you, there are growers and showers, it works like this, 2 guys both have an erect size of 6 inchs, when slack one has 5 inchs shower, and the other has 2 inchs grower, and sorry but that is how it works in life.
So your skin there are lots of things on the market but keep away from products that will thin your skin, try looking at the Neutrgenar creams there very good, have a look on there site to see if the make anything that you fill will meet your require ments, if not contact them with your problem, and all the facts, its not the time to get embarrassed as you are looking for help.
Good Luck
The previous poster's right about grower vs. shower. Don't worry about the size of your flaccid penis. It doesn't matter if it's smaller flaccid. That's normal. (Hyperthyroidism might have been making the flaccid size bigger than usual, and now it's back to normal.)

It also sounds like your dry skin might just need some moisturizer. (But it seems like you probably would have thought of that already.)

It also sounds like it might be a yeast issue. Yeast can cause the skin to crack like you describe, and sex is one of the most common ways to get yeast. If it is just a minor yeast skin infection, cranberry really helps fight yeast (and it's a bit useful for preventing genital infections/UTIs too). If it's yeast, it helps to wash off the penis after sex before going to sleep. Leaving sexual residues on the penis (even just saliva) makes it more likely to develop issues like this.