Sexual Health Community
Obstructed Vaginal Intercourse, Too tight

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I am a 54 year old woman who is returning to some sexual activity after approximately 15 years hiatus. I have seen doctors over that span of time and had regular pap smears and nothing has ever come back as abnormal. As far as I know I'm healthy, I have never been abused and have no concerns having sexual relations with my new man. When I was younger, I had normal relations and enjoyed them very much. I have gone through menopause although still "bleed" every now and then...very rarely. I am free of any STD's and to my knowledge, have never had one.

The problem arose when we tried to have vaginal sex for the first time. Let me preface this to say we are both mature and took our time to be certain we were both "ready" so I was well lubricated and relaxed. "In to it" as they say, could not have wanted him more. He is not a huge size and I had no reason to expect anything but my normal wonderful time as in the past. However, I seem to have acquired a ring of sorts, an obstruction inside my vagina. It's sufficiently deep enough that one does not feel it while fingering and I could always fit 2-3 fingers inside myself while stimulating. I knew I'd be tight after so long but was not expecting anything like this.

His penis simply will not go through or past the obstruction. Is there some kind of condition where a woman can have some kind of tissue growth like this? The next evening we tried lubricant and I've since tried to work on stretching myself, all to no avail. My partner is very sweet and understanding, plus we pleasure each other orally so there is no lack of caring and orgasm. We just can't have a "normal" vaginal sex experience because of my issue. He did try a few times to "push" through and that just didn't work, hurt a little, but for the most part, I don't have any pain to speak of, and that hurt was just because whatever this is, didn't seem to be able to stretch.

I know I need to visit a doctor, but am currently without one due to insurance and money issues. Is there anything anyone can enlighten me with about this condition?
Thank you!
Hi Lady, OK its not a problem I've seen or read about, so with a thinking cap on, try this dildos, come in all shapes and sizes, so i'm thinking if you start with one you think would go through the you build up from there to restreach your virgina back to its old self, this problem could have arisen from lack of sex, if you cant afford them and you do say artislady, try some wax and build you own from scratch, once the wax starts to get plyable thats the time to start your own dildo, did one for my wife, easy.
Good Luck
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I don't believe the answer is as simple as trying to stretch the tissue. There is zero elasticity to the ring of tissue. It is very rigid. I too have never heard of such a thing which is why I've posted it here, hoping that someone out there (or a doctor?) will have had experience with it.
Hi Lady, look this ring if I'm right is the same one that a lot of women tighten up through an exercise called kegels, so if this is the case then by slowly resteaching it and at the same time doing kegels, you may just make some progress in to a new sex life.
Good Luck
As women age the hormones alter, and for most women the natural estrogen decreases, causing the vaginal wall to become less elastic and dry.  Often over the counter creams and/or jellies do not help the situation because the vaginal wall is no longer very elastic.  The solution must come from within the body, not without the body.  Even though one may be very attracted to their partner, intercourse is painful, or not enjoyable.  Some MD's will suggest hormone therapy to help regulate the amount of elastisity and secretions in the vag area.  If you seek for hormone therapy, please try to get bioidentical, which is exactly like our bodies hormones.  All the other estrogens/hormones are synthetic (for instance urine from pregnant mare is one form of estrogen given to women) and the human body does not process this well.  All the additives, hundreds, stay in the fat tissue up to years after one stops taking that synthetic hormone and when exiting the body can cause depression.  Many women who take synthetic hormone replacement are also on antidepressants...correlation?  Some doctors like to prescribe a little testosterone to give the sex drive a kick.  Be careful you dont take too much or they will mistakenly call you Artistlad instead of Artistlady.  Good luck.
Hi Rambo, thank you for a very intresting reply and will take note, do you think DHEA and vit B6 would help, the B6 to get her juices going and the DHEA as not so much her testosterone but her libido and energy levels up.

So how do you find a pregnant mare, if you say live in a city, and then you have follow her around waiting for the urine to flow, sorry just being frivolous, but does give some problems.
Question so should you be RAMBONURSE, then?
Good Luck
I know I'm late to the party but for anyone else looking for an answer - I'm 21 and have the same problem so it's not an age thing or a lack of sex thing cos up until I got this issue it was fairly regular.

Doc said it was probably cos I'd had some sort of trauma, like the boyfriend had just caught me at the wrong angle or something although nothing springs to mind. I got Amielle Comfort from the doctors, it's a set of 5 different sized dildos. She said to start with the smallest, hold em in for at least 5 minutes and gradually build my way up to the biggest one. No sexy times until I can put the biggest one in with no problem. I'm still working on it atm but its getting a lot better :) hope this helps!!
I also have this and my doctor said it was called atrophic vaginitis. The original poster says the ring of skin is rigid and it is because I have had this for around six months now (just passing menopause). Id like to ask the original poster if she had found any answers. The only way I can see to fix it is to have it cut.