Vaginal Abrasion
I am a little worried, I recently had sex with a guy I am dating. We decided to use vaginal inserts containing nonoxyl-9 in it, called Encare. I noticed that during sex, that my vagina got really hot. Afterwards, I was really sore and felt a little irritation on the outer wall of my vagina right before the opening. We had sex again, but I had to stop him, because the area that was irritated began to hurt. Right now it stings somewhat and it not really that uncomfortable unless I urinate and some urine gets in that area. I have examined the area and it looks as if the skin is rubbed raw. when I pat the abrasion with tissue there is a very small speckle of blood on the tissue.

I suspect that this reaction may have occurred as result the fact that my partner is very wide in width, I am small woman and a possible allergic reaction. Although we did not use any other form of protection, I didnt believe it to be an STD...symptoms dont show up with in a hour of sex right?? We have had sex once before but did use a condom and had no problem other than discomfort with the condom. Can you offer your opinion on the abrasion and how long they normally take to heal?
go see an urologist so they can prescribe some kind of ointment to put on your vagina to allow the healing faster from the abrasion.