Sexual Health Community
allergic to me?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

allergic to me?

My boyfriend for the last year has had the following problem:
2 days after we have sex, intercourse and oral, he says it feels like a rat is gnawing on the end of his penis. This lasts several weeks and slowly seems to subside but never feels normal. He has no sores, no discharge but it is worse after his first urination of the day. It is not sore to pee but is sore afterward. We have used condoms for the last 2 times but it is still happening, wondering if it is from the oral i am giving him. I have been tested for every std and all negative. This is beginning to ruin our relationship as he is afraid to have sex with me yet to stubborn to go to a doctor. He thinks he is allergic to me. The only other complication he has had, is one time 6 months ago his penis flaked off dry skin but that has not happened again. He says it feels like the inside of his penis is itchy and his urethra opening. He has never had this issue in any of his past relationships and in fact when we split up for awhile, he had sex with another woman and this did not happen. Help at a loss
Std if his penis hole is opening ...
its not an std, we have both been tested as stated
Hi Em, you say the last 2 times you used condoms, did he always use condoms, apart from oral, he could have a problem with latex condoms, you can get some that are latex free, so as I dont know were you are but guess, its the USA, so try Wallmart.
OK just reread you post do you have oral each time, if so its in your mouth, you have something thats upseting his urether, look I will come back to you need to do some reseach, but if you have sex before that just do it without oral.
Good Luck
Hi Em, I think I may have an answer for you, its your mouth, I think you have yeast infection in there, and that is were your problem could be coming from, two things, you can either go to your doctor and get some kind of antibiotics, or go to your pharmacy and get some boric acid, you just put a quarter tea spoonful in a litre of water, and drink through the day, and it should take about 2 weeks to get over it, both of you need to do it. its safe if you dont go over what I have said, I take some every day but for raynards (raynaud's) disease and ED.
Good Luck
I thought of that myself but i thought your tongue gets white from yeast. Is it possible to have yeast in your mouth for over a year as this is how long this has been happening. It has slowly gotten worse each time we have sex but seems when he wears a condom his penis is not sore for wks just a day or two.
Also wondering if it could be from oral sex and nicotine. I smoke and he does not and maybe he is having a reaction to that, not sure if that is plausible
Hi Em, but if your giving him oral sex as a part of your warm up then I think it could still be yeast, so try that and take it from there, dont for get that this is a puzzle and its a bit at a time, to tick the boxs.
See how you go.
Good Luck
These sound like the symptoms of yeast infection. You might both drink cranberry juice to prevent giving the other yeast. (You can both get and give yeast.) Cranberry has some mild antibacterial but even better anti-yeast properties.
I have been looked at for yeast infections and unless i didn't have one at the time or i am getting recurring ones for 6 months i don't know. I don't have symptoms of that. I have thought all along thats what it could be but we both took canesten pills and cream and it didn't go away for him.
Your boyfriend might be someone who gets yeast easily--like just from allowing saliva or vaginal fluid to remain on his penis for an extended period of time. Also, the flaking skin your bf had 6 months ago sounds like yeast too, so it sounds like he is prone to yeast problems, so it's totally not your fault.

This is usually a really easy problem to overcome. He just needs to work on minimizing his yeast infection susceptibility factors. He should probably always wash saliva or other residue off of his penis before going to bed. And milk & cream cause/contribute to yeast problems. And cranberry is one of the best things to fight minor yeast infections.
thx for the replies. Had oral sex, no intercourse last time and he has the same problem again, so guessing this is coming from my saliva some how Not sure how to go about fixing this problem, i take probiotics, acidophilous daily and have for awhile because i thought this might be yeast related. Do i see a doctor about this and see if there is a test for why my saliva is bothering him. I can try cranberry juice, in fact ast this point i will try anything. This is horrible dealing with feeling like the cause and ruining our what was an awesome sex life. Any suggestions
Hi Em, Well its either the cranberry juice or boric acid, bric is quite safe in very low doses, so over a two week period it should work and free you of yeast.
Good Luck