Sexual Health Community
how can i STOP masterbating(masturbating)???

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Viewing 401-456 comments:
no sir we canot stop it
    when i was 10year the first master bating is stated if i am 20 i can not stop it all the day master bating 3 time how can i stop it
You're wrong! DANG IT STOP TELLING KIDS WHAT'S RUINING THEY'RE LIVES IS A GOOD THING.
1 masturbating releases a huge amount of a chemical in your brain that causes you to be happy. The problem is when you do masturbate your body uses up all of that chemical!!!!! Then it takes a while for your body to recharge and if you masturbate again before then it does the same thing and leaves you feeling depressed because you are very low on the chemical!!! Eventually your body gets used to it and it becomes hard to be happy without masturbation!!!
2 luckily enough for us guys, if we can stop is only takes a few days for the chemical balance to get back to normal!!!!
3 me motivated because you deserve to be happy!!! You deserve to enjoy your life you CAN fight and you CAN WIN!!!!! I did it. YOU GUYS CAN DO IT.
4 becoming involved or part of a religious groups such as Christianity can help. It helped me.
5 YOU GUYS GOT THIS. YOU CAN WIN. FIGHT. FIGHT. AND WHEN YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN, GRIT YOUR TEETH AND FIGHT. YOU CAN WIN.
I won the battle by myself. Don't think you can't
yes i know its addictive but quitin is the best way ,TRY Not to get too early on the bed , avoid watchin porn , do not touch ur self on ur private , put away ur cellphone so that u cn fall asleep wthout thinking bd things , once u waken up in the morning dnt stay alone in ur room try to go out , if u cnt stop today then it l be ur habits 4evr , 4 more advice mail ***@****
its just a waste of time and it can lead to poor result at school cuz u loose concetrate and think of it. its not easy quiting but try not to touch ur private and avoid watchng porn , have enough time to sleep , when ever u fl like masterbate try doin somethng to keep ur mind busy like reading or goin out wth frnds or do push ups  
so tell them kids how easy it is . just stop thinking wild and desagree total when ur mind telling u to cuz it can lead to brain trama , it take al the chemicals ur body produced to help the circulation of lubricant , once ur part delay ur mind feel over loaded , iam sory to say it but is true , if u cnt stop ur skin shrink too
I have been masterbating (masturbating) since i was ten im gunna 16 and im really into Church So For Me Its Wrong And I Try To Stop And When I Do It zi Beat Myself Up For It Because I Know Im Wrong For It I Justt Dont Know How To Stop These Passed Two Weels Ive Done It Atleast 50 time Im Tired Of It I dont Enjoy Doing It It Just addicting  it is begining to depress me i heard its good to talk about it so heres my semi story that makes no sense
Go through this thread. you will find no. of methods to stop M. There are number of yoga exercises- kundalini yoga, circulating awareness around microcosmic orbit, kegel exercise, Deep and slow breathing will calm your sexual urge. Practice slow and deep abdominal breathing.Do this when just starts. If do it in the beginning there are more chances of success.
i m 32 rs old and i masturbating every day since 8 years,, is it harmful for my health,, and how i stooped it
It is a natural habit.It is harmful only if you do it in excess as with any other thing. Read my posts in this thread where I have given suggestion on few yoga exercises and other techniques. Deep and slow breathing will calm down your sexual arousal. Just try; While berating in tighten the whole body and exhale relaxing the whole body. practice this regularly to learn it. Then whenever you get excited do this exercise. If you are getting morning wood, you can do this exercise at that time.
Visit sexual health community page and read the thread of second chakra meditation. This is an easy technique to strengthen sexual stamina. You may do chanting or you may not. or you may adjust any chant you like.
dear sir ,
i'm a school boy in Sri Lanka.even i'm a good boy, icant stop this bloody activity.i cant bare my feeling s & want to do this once a day.i was usually 1st in my class exams,but now it has gone down to 2nd.is this a after effect of masterbation (masturbation)?i think that i have become thinner than before.tell me how to contral & stop it.
Your downgrading in studies, has nothing to do anything with your masturbation.Urge to masturbate is a very powerful energy. you can't surpress this energy. It has to be converted into mental energy. This you can do by circulating awareness to your microcosmic orbit.Google this word and find out all details. Learn this technique and practice every day. your life will change to positive side. Do not carry a guilt of Masturbation.Find out exercises from posting from MH and learn many technique. Use those which you like. Wish you best of luck.
Probably not what most people want to read, not just because it is forcing something upon them that is entirely open to opinion, but because the people who need help probably don't feel strongly enough about your religion as you do. If they sit at home watching pornography and masturbating, they probably don't care if it is sinful or not.
how to do all this u mentioned?
I find that to be normal. You must be able to draw a line between fantisy's and the real world.You excuse yourself to leave the room don't you? I hope so. I was only in 10th grade in school when I had that happen, only I was in a day dream and whipped it out in class, boy was I embarressed! Everyone was laughing. How humiliating.
Just Google microcosmic orbit and you will find full details.It is a breathing exercise.Wile berating in and breathing out you have to keep your attention on the orbit. all details are given you do it as exercise every day to get healthy sex life.
I can't stop it fells right but sometimes I get worried becaue I don't won't to have a baby yet
Can I stop masterbating (masturbating) any time soon
Deep, slow and abdominal breathing can calm your mind reducing sexual urge. You may search some breathing exercise or pranayam(yoga) to control your sexual urge.
In yoga, Female deer exercise is good for sexual problem. However it appears like masturbation. If you do it regularly, it may help you to control your sexual urge. Just try.
you should cure of premature ejaculation and hyper sensitivity of penis so your problem will solved.
I really need help! Could anyone give me any advice how to stop the addiction. I started in 6th grade and i am now in 10th in age of 16. Anyone....
See I believe a lot of people who masterbate are addicted because of stress, and it's easy to do it whenever, I find masterbation (masturbation) a thing that gets discoverd then overdone by turning it into an aaddiction, I find that the Psychological effects a are extreame when it comes to masterbating (masturbating), I understand some people think master bating is a natural process, but it goes overboard for youths who continue to do it, the obsession with it can cuase all kinds of behavioral problems, a lot of youths need I believe need to get out and take there time learning and taking action in something physical, it would releave the effects of addictave behaivor and it would stop the problem with early ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION in some persons early 20's and on, thats why a lot of people should take there time in things to keep there brains in some kind of training programs to keep themselves ocupied in early educational advantages so they don't suffer problems caused by psychological behavioral problems later in life, there are too many indaviduals that are cuttimg themselves short in life.
It's so hard when I'm sleeping, even now going to be 48 years old. Still bothering me.

Hope something else I can find it to getting less. 5 times a week is really too much.
I am a 15 year old boy ans I starter masturbating when I was 13 because of curiousity. And from there, I got addicted. I am. Very religious person so to be addicted was a pretty big deal for me. Life was grey and sad and hopeless. I felt as if there was no eacape. Then I decided that I had had enough. I did what I thought was right. I looked for help. I reached out for someone to help me. Because this addiction was going on for a long time. And at this point, I knew I needed help. So I went and told my parents. I had never told them before so it was a shock for them. But I told my parents. It was the most humiliating moment of my life. But I did it. After I told them, I went further and told tree bishop of my ward. And the feeling of all that stress just being lifted wlaway was lifechanging. I was happier I was able to enjoy life more. So if someone came up to me and asked me what they should do, I would tell them to go seek help. Go tell someone that you respect. You need to let someone know of your struggles and ask them to help. Because I can promise you this right now you cannot overcome this addiction completely without help from others. I cannpromise you all that without a single doubt in my mind that you just can't do it your self. You need to humble yourself and realize that there are some battles that you can't do on your own. You need help. If you just keep keeping it a secret, you're never going to get help. No one can tell if you need help. You have to tell them yourself. After I told my bishop. I began to try to be more active in my religion so as to not fall into this addiction again. I believe that reading your scriptures and praying to God can really help. But like I said before you need to tell someone. And don't ever EVER think that you can't overcome this addiction. Because you can. You can do it. On my religion, we beloved that God does not send us a challenge that we can't over come. Anything any trial I'm your life you can do it. But you need to put in all your effort to grey through it. If you just keep telling yourself you can't, then well you can't. And I know that this is not just in my religion, it's everywhere. Its common sense. You can do it. Don't ever say you can't because you can. And after you have get through this addiction, then you will be a stronger person with more experience on how to say no when the temptation comes again. Al of our trials in this life make us stronger in spirit. I can relate to all of you on this site. And I don't care what the stupid science says that "its healthy" because it is bad. I'm sorry to get all preachy but it is a son against God because he gave you that power to create life and we're abusing that power. Ignore the science. Just don't do it. And I know from experience that it is easier said than done but after its done, you will be the happiest person on this entire planet. You will go out and live life you will bee much more outgoing. Bit you need to take the proper steps and sacrifices in order to archive that happiness. Sure when you tell the person you will be ambarassed but then they'll help you. If you truly want to stop then you will do whatever it takes. Its your decision. You can be ambarrassed for a little bit and tell someone and then eventually it will be ancient history, or you can keep or to yourself and continue in a lifetime of misery. You can't do everything by yourself. But you can do overcome this temptation with help. Please just stop. I know what it's like to feel stuck and hopeless. But you can do it. Please do not abuse this power of procreation. Over come this trial and you will be stronger. And if the urge comes again, tell the person. Do whatever it takes to not fall into that pit again. I hope you all find the help you need. And I hope you all succeed and get to live your life happier. If you read this, then good luck. I can do this. Good luck to you all.
I congratulate you to achieve your goal with the help of your higher-ups.You may Google- microcosmic orbit.You have to circulate your urge on this orbit to transform it to physical,mental, emotional and spiritual energy. This will help you to strengthen your self.Wish you best of luck.
Guys when you feel you want to do it badly , go to the bathroom and pee, belive me it will help you because you feel you want to empty you organ badly so pee and you will feel very comfortable
Your lucky, I started when I was 7 but didn't know what the I was doing. Now I think I am a freak and its really hard to stop. Advise to all who what to try it: DONT DO IT, IT WILL BECAUME YOUR LIFE. IT DESTROY'S ALL THINGS
I just want to add to what lookingup33 said and I hope that what I can add will help all the young folks out here who seem to have a lot of guilt over this.

I will start off with a joke I heard growing up. A survey was done that asked 100 men if they masturbated. The results from the survey were as follows:  75% said yes, 25% said no, and 100% lied! ;)

The rest of this post is honest, factual, from my own experience, without religious influence or medical jargon. Not everyone has the opportunity of sex-ed class or the ability to just talk freely with parents on the topic. Guys (and gals) it is just as hard for your parents to talk about this with you--as you with them. However, I do know that your Dad or Mom will gladly welcome the time if you care to 'privately' sit and talk and ask questions about it with them individually. Meaning guys, its better you talk to your Dad about this (not your Mom), and Gals speak with your Mom. It is just easier that way.

I truly hope that any and all of you find it helpful.

The reality is most everyone masturbates (period). It is completely natural.

First, I'm an older guy, in my 40's, married, and with children. I have been around the block and I am sharing with you my experiences with a "been-there-done-that" point of view. I, like most kids growing up, had discovered an awareness of my body and the sensations of masturbation. Some of you may even have had "wet dreams" before you even tried masturbation. This entire process is entirely natural. Personally, I have masturbated on/off since I was a kid. As you get older it is something that you get less interested in, lets be honest when you are kid you have a lot of free time on your hand ;).

There is nothing inherently wrong with masturbation. I respect everyone's individual religious beliefs and I am not going to say anything against anyone's religious views. However, from a pure basic point of masturbation and growing up, it is entirely natural and ok. Honestly, more harm will be done trying to think you have to "fix" something or yourself. You are a beautiful unique human being and there is nothing wrong with you--NOTHING.

Now to dispel a few myths.
- You will NOT grow hair on the palms of your hands from masturbating.
- You will NOT go blind.
- You will NOT have a permanent erection.
- Eating different types of food will not stop you from masturbation.
- or any other myths you may have heard in the locker room, or from your buddies...whatever it is you have heard I know they are not true.

There are plenty more I am sure, and I can tell you 100% they are all false. Unfortunately, people (parents, etc.) passed these over the years to children to make them feel guilty instead of doing the hard thing--being open and honest. All of these myths just cause lots of guilt, angst, and fear. Just imagine how much better you can feel just knowing that you are 100% NORMAL! I have to get this point across, read this to yourself clearly, loudly, and slowly:

I AM 100% NORMAL.

Every, every, every person has the same need and experience growing up. (period).

I don't have hair on my palms, I'm not blind (I have glasses, but that is just because I am old).

Now where can this not be good for you. First off, this is something that is very private and personal for you only. As an example, this is not something you would do in public, or post on Facebook, or something completely stupid.

In the end, be true to yourself and do not hurt other people. And know that if you need to, I know your parents are there for you. Go where you can get the truth, not the locker room, or your buddy. Hell you could probably spend an afternoon in the library by yourself and get all the facts on the topic (for what it is worth).

Be kind, be safe, and be honest. You all are wonderful people and I hope that you can free yourselves of any guilt with masturbation. It is a natural part of growing up and your life.

Peace.

Now to dispel a few myths.
- You will NOT go blind.

I AM 100% NORMAL.

In the end, be true to yourself and do not hurt other people. And know that if you need to, I know your parents are there for you. Go where you can get the truth, not the locker room, or your buddy (or even here). Hell you could probably spend an afternoon in the library by yourself and get all the facts on the topic (for what it is worth).

Peace.

Now to dispel a few myths.
- You will NOT go blind.

I AM 100% NORMAL.

Peace.
I am 18 years old and started masturbating at age 12 I stopped when I turned 17 one whole year been masturbated sober free
I have been MBing for a year now and I want to stop really badly.but every time I try to stop I just do it.
I need your help, iv been murstabating since when I was 18 n am 23. Its crazy, it makes me hate my self. I promise not to do it but after weeks I do it. Am tired of this
this helped me to stop and I thank you very much. You changed MY LIFE!
only God can help you man(s). And i don t wanna bring a religion in but listening your story i see my(ex-life) and i finished  with it long time a go...if You don t STOP it is gonna DESTROY You (PRAY). strart looking for YOUR hobby, be with people, be social, don t spend time in front of tv, laptop only if necessary, DONT HESITATE to SHUT of something it's not ''possitive''...let me now how it s working?
hi im 17 i started when i was 11 i really really want to stop and i cant i need help! its ruining my life!
HELP I HAVE BEEN MASTEBATING  HOW DO I STOP?    :======(
Are you serious abt vicks vapourrab?
Just think of dead puppies. It worked for my husband.
Dear sir I used to masterbate a log now I leff it but now I have bed wets.I also nkw feel vefy mhch pain in hip bone.plz help
Sir I  used to masterbate but now ha e left it but  I have bed wets each day.now my tail bone hurts a lot plz hel
Hi sir, i'm 21yrs old, and i'm so addict with Masturbate, I even don't know when i started, i'm so used to it that i can't quit, its affecting my personal life, can't concentrate when i'm alone at my room, i,m doing best to stop it, but i can only avoid months, then i'm back to masturbate again. Please sir, i will be very great full if you can help me out with this.
If you are healthy physically and mentally and if you are masturbating in limits, no harm will occur in your body , mind and sex. Suppressing the urge is not easy. You will again fall a prey to this habit. You can convert this urge to mental energy. This can be done by circulating your urge or awareness around your microcosmic orbit.  You can calm your excitation by taking slow and deep breath. If you practice both of this you can easily be free from the habit.Reduce number of masturbation as much as possible. Do not worry if you do it some time. Always masturbate with lubricated hands. Do not stop breathing when you masturbate.I have posted number of suggestion in this community on this subject. please go through them. There are good suggestion from others as well.Worrying about masturbation is more harmful than doing masturbation. Wish you best of luck
Thank you so much for the suggestion sir. But Sir, Physically I'm so skinny with my height 5'9 and weight just 53kg. This is what freaking me out, I'm doing best to gain weight, but I can't, I've some read article where they say frequently Masturbating make you lose weight or make you look so skinny, and i'm worried about, will i remain this skinny always, now i'm doing best to gain weight and to stop masturbate, but still i'm facing little problem, but i'm doing best to keep myself away from it. Sir, if you can help me out with some more suggestion on My Physical related with Masturbating, why i'm skinny and can't gain weight. if gaining weight has something to do with masturbuate.
Weight gain has nothing to do with masturbation. It is the worry about masturbation and general depression. Good exercises, rest and cheerful would make you Okay. Over weight is a big problem. If you are skinny by your basic constitution, you may remain under weight. Good good, reguar exercise, positive mood and worry free life will make you healthy.You will gain weight as per tenancy of your body.Many a time skinny people are mote healthy Than obese persons.If you cannot do any exercise, just walk for thity minutes twice a day. you will regain your health.Be cheerful and healthy.
Thanks for all the advice!  I have been trying to stop for two or three years, to no avail.  I am religious and it is against my faith, but it is SO hard to stop.  The best advice I have gotten is to pray when the urge hits, and I have been told that I was brave by telling someone else my problem.  It is very shameful, and just telling someone helps a lot.  Even though I keep relapsing, I know that I can try that much harder to break the habit.  With my faith, I cannot fail.
i like the way you said that
i was bought up on a Christian religion but my friends were doing it so i did it i was addicted but i fought and i won thanks so much man
PS.
i am 13
MINDFUL ABDOMINAL BREATHING TO BE FREE FROM ANY BAD HABITS; Know the details of abdominal breathing from Google and do this breathing consciously. This breathing injects great energy in you and it will drive away any problems you have in your body, mind and psyche.It may take time but results are sure.Start with 10 minutes a day and reach up to 30 minutes per day. Pick up any convenient time. If you do this as a regular routine, you will lead you life without any hang ups.
go find a girl and marry her... that's the way to stop it
Masturbation is not sinful. But It might interfere with your ability to perform sexually when the time comes because you form strong mental associations between  your fantasy world and sexual pleasure. It then becomes difficult to get aroused by a real person. This could lead to embarrassment, stress and anxiety, which makes the problem worse. You then may resort back to masturbation even tho you have a partner, or wife. No sex, no children. That's about the only problem.
Viewing 401-456 comments:
This discussion was closed by MedHelp moderators.