Skin Cancer Community
Black, Squishy Mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Black, Squishy Mole

I have a black mole on my back.  I can't see it because my spine is fused and it's on my shoulder blade, I can feel it though and it feels like almost jello under the top skin - I accidently scrubbed it in the shower and it bled, that's how
I found it, ew.  I am now petrified. I called a dermatologist and will see him next week.  I am very fair, but spend almost
no time in the sun. There is no histroy of melanoma and I don't have a lot of moles, a few freckles here and there.

it is black and my girls said they saw it a while back, but think it's bigger now.  It is roundish.
I had the same thing. Mine was small and on my shoulder. Its been there forever. I've been watching for changes because its really the only mole i have. I scratched my shoulder and felt something give. It was the mole, part of it rubbed off and left me with a small piece of mole left and a red space where it had been. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and they removed the rest and now i wait to hear what it was.
He acted kind of cavalier about it, he did way to much writing on his notes though. So i'm nervous. My mole was round and all one color and it didnt get bigger around, but i did notice it seemed a little more raised the past month. He said it was normal for some moles to act funny, doesnt always mean its cancer. I'm going to guess i'll go back in where they take out a bigger hunk of skin to see if its spread. This mole would have fit into the little boxes you check below to 'Add to watch list' or 'Join this community'. In fact the nurse couldnt tell where it was. But, if you're like me, you've been reading horror stories on the internet..lol..Also i tried to ask him questions about other things and he seemed to ignore me. So i'm thinking he's thinking, "I'll answer her other questions when she's back because this thing is bad."
I just hope i caught it in time. If i hadnt known this mole was there, maybe if it had been on the back of my shoulder, i would have never noticed it. I just knew it was there because its on the top of my shoulder.
If i hear anything i'll come back here. Good luck
I got my results back already. They said it was a scar. In the back of my head i'm wondering if they gave me the wrong results because it was round and black, like a mole. Why would this bubble up and pop? On the phone i was so relieved i was just glad to hear they dont want to see me again. They cut the stupid thing off so i shouldnt have to worry about it. But, i will keep a good eye on it anyway. Good luck at your appointment. Let us know what happens.