Skin Cancer Community
Bump inner thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Bump inner thigh

I have a colorless bump on the inside of my leg. when i wear shorts you cannot notice it. It's not exactly a bump...i know this will sound bad but i have had it for almost 4 or 5 years it started small and i was hoping it would go away but it's gradually getting bigger. it doesn't hurt but it's ugly and looks like extra skin. it doesnt pop like a pimple. I hate having it but i am scared to go get it looked at. i am embarrassed by it. and i just want to know maybe what it could possibly be before having 100 doctors take a look at me....
or possibly what type of doctor to see...it's far up when i wear boyshort underwear you cannot notice..but not on/near my vagina area....help anyone?

This bump can be due to a small cyst or a benign skin growth. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you so much! the only thing is that it doesn't ooze? it is just like skin growing...i'm not sure. i am going to go to a dermatologist though. I was just nervous i didn't want to go to the wrong doctor because it's in such a weird spot i was unsure! thanks again.
For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lump is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.