Skin Cancer Community
Kaposi's Sarcoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kaposi's Sarcoma

hi.. I would like to ask if what i'm experiencing right now could be kaposi's sarcoma.  i have a "mole" (http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/pboy1234/?action=view&current=822c2f7d.jpg ) which has shrunk in size because i scratched it before and then it became a scab and then it healed. but i grew another one just like the one in the picture with the same size in which i scratched it again and then it healed and became a scab and now looks like a scar. what makes me paranoid is that last 10 months ago i had a potential exposure to HIV which was on March 2,2012. in which i tested negative on the 3rd and 5th month post exposure, now just last november i developed a cough (which is NOT hemoptysis, i DON'T have difficulty or shortness of breathing, i am NOT losing weight, NO night sweats etc. JUST a cough) a cough that feels like my throat itches or something. but what bothers me is that it has been 2 months and it hasn't gone away and has clear mucus or white sputum. and then when i think of the spots on my skin and i look at the pictures on google it makes me nervous about kaposi's sarcoma. please help...
Tags: Cancer
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Chances of kaposi sarcoma are less and it can just be picked scabs. Involvement of the airway in aposi sarcoma can present with shortness of breath, fever, cough, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), or chest pain, or as an incidental finding on x-ray. You can get a physical examination done from a physician and if needed a chest x-ray done. More likely this cough can be due to bronchitis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Hi doc! is it associated with many symptoms or just one?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Skin Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...