Skin Cancer Community
Painful freckle near wrist??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Painful freckle near wrist??

About a year ago i noticed a new freckle on my arm.  As I have a large mole on my upper left arm (dysplastic nevi/an irregular mole) i'm usually good at checking, and noticed a new freckle had appeared on my wrist.

I assume freckles appear randomly and genuinely didn't give it much thought (more than, "oh shame, i had a perfect outline of the constellation of The Plough on my arm before that freckle appeared...")  -  until a few months ago.

A few months ago, my freckle became sore and inflamed.  I assumed it was a blocked pore or hair follicle that had become irritated, although it was not *****, and left it to it.  It was sore for a while, then seemed to scab over.  I didn't do anything and assumed i was right.

Ever since, it has flared up; like today, where it is scabby to touch, irregular in shape, and the skin directly surrounding it is red.  The area seems to 'stand out' from the skin slightly.

I would of course have booked to see a doctor - except that the freckle is about 1.5mm by 2.5mm; it's minuscule.

Does it sound like it needs checking out? It hasn't changed colour, and hasn't changed size, so am I just overreacting because i'm paranoid about the ticking timebomb irregular mole on my other arm??

Any help would be useful, and suggestions to what it might be if not skin cancer!  And if anyone has had the same issue as me, and what it was/what happened...

Thanks!
A sore that keeps coming up needs to be checked out even if it is small.

It could be a bcc or it could be ak or other things.

Take care.
You should get this freckle evaluated from a dermatologist because as a thumb rule if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.