Skin Cancer Community
Red Spot on Chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Red Spot on Chest

Yesterday I had a red spot that has been on my chest for a while removed.  It started as a small tiny spot...I thought was a bump, I remember trying to squeeze it, thinking it was a pimple. Since then it has ended up looking like a flat irregular red shaped place.  It is smaller than a pencil eraser, but I noticed one day that it felt a little rough, so I decided to have it checked.  The dermatologist said it might be a smaller skin cancer.  This made me  anxious.  I'm nervous and shakey (shaky) right now.  I am very scared of melanoma.  Especially since it has been on my chest for over a year.  I never considered until lately that I needed to have it looked at.  Has anyone had any experience with a skin place such as this?  
I, too, noticed a red spot on my chest last week.  At first it was a freckle, but now has turned reddish.  I am going to make an appt. with a dermatologist next week, but am scared to death, hoping it is not cancer.  Anyone else have anything like this?  Any info. will help.  Thanks
Unfortunately melanoma can turn up anywhere but in females it is more likely on legs and arms.

Melanomas aren't often red but there is a rare form that can be. Rare things are called rare for a reason though so the odds are well in your favour.

All you can do now is wait and be kind to yourself while waiting for the results. Do be kind to yourself. It is reasonable to be anxious while you wait but please try and focus on positive things. Read a trashy magazine, have a glass of wine, whatever you do that makes you happy.

Let us know how your results turn out.