Skin Cancer Community
Severe itching, red spots formed after scratching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

hi i have had severe itching for the past 2 weeks at various body parts i.e. armpit, back of the neck, groin and bum. it started off as just minor itch under the armpit area and was very itchy, when scratched it formed red spots (i can feel the spots when i touch the itch area) the more i scratch, the more red spots formed and the itch got more intense and prompted me to scratch more. now it has spread to the back of my neck, groin and bum area. The itch comes and go, but when i touch the affected areas, they will start to itch again. i need help to stop this itch and also to find out if it's something very serious.
It doesn't sound serious, just annoying. An "itch that scratches" ie itches first then becomes a rash is often ezcema (eczema). Try to keep the area moisturised and consider whether you've changed your washing powder or have bought some new clothes etc. that you might be allergic to. It sounds like the areas you get sweaty are being affected.

Take care.
Oh, wow.  I've got almost identical symptoms (except the bum, although it sometimes just itches in need of a good scratch;)  My underarm is SEVERELY itchy and red. I've had breast cancer in that arm and had most of the lymph nodes removed, which leads me to think that there may be a correlation.  I've tried ALL remedies to no avail!  This keeps me awake at night and drives me nuts in the day.  I wonder if the radiation I had from my cancer treatments (i.e. surgery, chemo & radiation) has anything to do with it......  The tissues down there may be pretty well burned, right?  
     Please write back.  I've called my oncologist for an appt.  Who knows...?
Signed, Peggy