Skin Cancer Community
good link pics squamous cell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

good link pics squamous cell

I was recently diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my hand and also a Hutchinsons melatonic freckle on my back ,both  are malignant skin cancers. I wanted to post these two links as I had no real thought that mine were anything sinister. I always beleived that skin cancer was a mole gone wrong! neither of mine are moles. the squamous on my hand is a pink lump with a little bit of hard skin on the top centre and the one on my back is perfectly flat - unlike a mole that is usually at least slightly raised , but it is also a very irregular shape.  A normal freckle should be a perfectly regular shape
Please see these links as a warning that basically any skin lesion can be a concern if it has been there for a while and, irregular in its shape. Moles are only one type!!!
http://au.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-501-s&sz=all&va=squamous+cell+carcinoma

http://au.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGkma.nAtRvykA_6EL5gt.?p=hutchinsons+freckle&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=piv-web
Tags: Squamous Cell, Skin Cancer, lesions, pics, skin cancer pictures, hutchinsons freckle, freckle
you take a brave stance about your two malignancies and thank you for a timely warning. Question please:  The one on your back- how long was it there before you went to see about it? Every so often - a month, six weeks - I find an iirregular, different coloured, 'age spot'  But. for all its unpleasant apearance,  it lasts only a few days then fades. None of the post or forums say anything about the duration of what could be a malignant spot. Any ideas please.
unfortunately, as it was on my back, I have no idea. I didnt even know it was there!  It was just a routine skin check and I only went as my friend said she did.  It could have been there months or years.  I had never had a check before which is why I am trying to get the message out to others to have routine checks, perhaps 6 monthly.    A mark that is only there a few days and then fades would not be a skin cancer, as for duration, they never go away, unless surgically removed. If they have already spread, then radiation is also needed. I had my sugery the other day on my hand and back and wont know re radiation until tuesday week. HAVING SAID THAT THOUGH  ie do not face and go away, take that comment with caution.   Has it really completely gone or can you just not see it???  When the specialist told me that the one on my hand had already spread, I was stunned and told him it had only been there about 2 months. He told me it could have been there for years, but not to the naked eye. Get a proper skin check at a clinic that specialise in this