melanoma??
dear sir/mam...
my mother is 59 yrs old. she had few months ago adiscoloration of both of her big toe nails"the left one spread longitudinally acroos the nail about 0.7 cm width and the right toe have discoloration centeral at the nail bed max width is 1.2 cm and max height laterally 0.6 cm "
we consult adermatologist in our country he said that since they are bilateral so it's unlikely to be a malignant melanoma and no need for biopsy.
about amonth ago another discoloration appeared on her left 3rd toe so please can you confirm the diagnosis and is it true what the doc. said.
urs
dr.mohammed basim
resident
Hi,  I am not a doctor but had similar and for me it turned out to be black and blue marks under the nail bed from trauma (ill fitting shoes, etc.).  I have history of Melanoma so they took it VERY seriously and said same thing .. since bilateral to watch .. and they grew up and out  within 6 mos for me.  Do keep in touch with your Dr and/or have a 2nd opinion if not feeling comfortable with her DX.

C~
Thanks chitchatnine for the comment
I will seek another opinion. and i hope everything will be allright with u..