Sleep Disorders Community
sleep disorders real or not.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

sleep disorders real or not.

i have been having the same dream .  i wake up but i cant move i feel something big or heavy moving on my bed.  i cant call out ormakeany sounds.  it lays on me and then i cant breath and it stops.  i had bruises on my left shoulder and my left upper leg.  this has happened several times.  the other day i threw a cup in the sink when i turned away it hit me in my back.  am i losing it or what is happening i am scared to go to sleep.  please help me.  i am serious.  mandy876
Sounds like you have a spirit living in your house.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. Also, hypnagogic hallucinations are hallucinations that occur between sleeping and waking. These are the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
  thank you so much that really makes sense more than what was going through our minds,  god bless you.  mandy876