Aa
A
A
Close

Sleep Disorders Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

1 - 20 (of 5146) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 19 year old female. For the past year I have been having on and off medical issues and I am not sure of the severity of each. First I had sharp pains off and on for months in my chest. Breathing deeply hurt and I would wake up cou...
  Posted
478554 tn?1208038007
I always have difficulties going to sleep since youngster. I am 65 years old, retired, living in Northern California. To help fall asleep, I tried Melatonin, but often is not seem effective. I regularly take antihistamine to help f...
    dancey41
hello everyone , im a 16 year old girl scared half to death , please help !! it's 4:21 am and i finished working really hard on a project for school that is due on tuesday about an hour ago . my baby brother (hes 8) rarely sleeps in my r...
  Posted
Hi everyone, lately I've been having nightmares almost every night. I'm not sure what's causing them and have no idea what to do to make them go away. Despite having a fairly normal sleep schedule, I keep waking up scared and too tired ...
    alexishunt2015,     AnneliR
for quite some time now , when ever I wake up in the morning I have a full mouth of saliva? any idea what it is
    Shamalah,     raza00,     Saroar77
Early this morning, while I was sleeping, I felt and heard what seemed to be some type of 'spirit' sit behind me on my bed. This spirit touched my back, more specifically, my spine with two fingers. The first touch sent a jolt through me...
    whit8190
I have a VERY important 3.5 hr exam for my dream job this weekend. The night/morning before the exam I will be on a 9:30PM-8:30AM red-eye flight. I am not a great sleeper in general and I am usually fatigued because of it, but I REALLY w...
  Posted
n the past, I have had many different episodes of sleep paralysis, so I am fully aware of what happens during most episodes. However, a couple of nights ago, I went to bed late and after about an hour and a half of sleeping, I had sleep...
    Lrtb12,     DennisT2
Hi, I have had weird health problems over the years but to make a long story short, almost one year ago to this day I have developed sudden chronic insomnia. My Neurologist has tried Ambien, Melatonin, and a host of other meds for th...
    Simon267373
387660 tn?1242600342
I started noticing a couple of years ago that I would fall asleep for a second while driving. It escalated to a point that on a weekly long trip I needed to take that I would start falling asleep at the wheel many times and have had man...
    FlippinFrack,     Rcs2582,     SLPinHWood
I'm a 60 year old men, in excellent health, except for experiencing tremors during sleep that wake me up and have difficulty going back to sleep. As I start to fall sleep again, I feel these "rumbleling" (tremors) around my upper body....
    bl218,     mikezzxxyy,     bl218,     Christiansro,     toby1101
Okay, So every now and then I will have a dream or dreams that really scare me. Pretty much its a dream I'm having and I'm myself... in my bed. In my dream I will open my eyes and see human figures but usually I can't tell who it is. If ...
    AnneliR,     Lindsaysaysuck,     Lindsaysaysuck,     Lindsaysaysuck,     Kaylasueeee
Does anyone have any information or experience regarding using ambien versus temazepam? I've been taking ambien for 60 days, and my Dr. today gave me a prescription for temazepam 15mg as an alternative to ambien. He said it should give m...
    Jadevs11,     Jadevs11,     Jadevs11,     Nita1931,     Nita1931
I have, on SEVERAL occasions, woke up about an hour or so after I dose off (at night) to sleep and I think I see things. Example: I woke up one time swearing that there was a spider on the wall. I woke up my husband and he said there ...
    Babyface2k,     Vosina,     aelaxv,     JohnHull,     Crashawna
I am 15 years old and have had a sleeping problem for a while now. Every night, I wake up almost exactly every two hours for the entire night. I was wondering any suggestions or solutions to this problem. And also what might be the cause...
I have been using a CPAP machine for almost 3 months. From the night I used it I did not wake to go to the bathroom during the night. Although this was nice, I developed a problem immediately (from the first night) with swelling in my ...
    Monason123,     amybrunty
For as long as I can remember about once every six months or so I'll have problems sleeping because I produce excess watery saliva. It'll get to the point where I'll be producing so much that my stomach will start to hurt due to swallow...
    Mohammmedj,     Ttavish,     Ttavish,     BeardedSpoon
Hello:) My name is William and I am 18 years old. A few weeks ago I had a strange thing happen to me when I was sleeping although I cannot be sure if I actually was sleeping or half-awake. It has started to happen again and is ...
    DrAnime,     yellowman92
Before I explain what happened, I have researched this and I must state outfront that I do NOT drink, which is known be be a common cause for this. Now to explain what happened. I can only recall bits and pieces of what happened, but ...
  Posted
Hi all I've just had my MSLT and been diagnosed with "Idiopathic Hypersomnia" it's all new to me and apart from understanding the concept I know very little. Please can someone shed some light on managing this etc and which forum I ne...
    jentucs
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...