Sleep Disorders Community
Does your CPAP mask bother you?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Does your CPAP mask bother you?

My CPAP mask bothers me in the morning. I guess its when I start waking up a little and the mask will get a gap in it from the way I move and make a burping sound. Then that's it I cant go back to sleep unless I take it off. Anyone else?
Tags: CPAP, mask
  I don't know how long you have been on CPAP , please stick with it you may have to bring the mask closer to you. what type of mask you have ? please come back to me , on this one
Hey I have a full face one but I tried the one for your nose and My mouth would just fly open as soon as I fell asleep
I have had CPAP about 4b months
Do you have to sleep on your back, and not do much moving to keep the CPAP on?l  I am considering asking for a sleep study as I often wake up and feel like I am suffocating.

I think my problem is more related to nasal congestion not to stopping breathing.  I do revert to breathing through my mouth as my "dry mouth" will testify to.

I do not like to sleep on my back.  

My sleep problems are also disturbed by troubled dreams.  A sleep study may also pot some numbers on my dreaming.  If I am in non-dream deep sleep sufficiently to get rested, then just putting up with the dreams my be all that I can or should do.

Not trying to change the subject, but learning from a post is a secondary use of a post.  Thanks,
I have only been on my BiPAP machine for 2 weeks but can't seem to find the right mask. At my sleep study they have me 3 of them. And I had to purchase a full face mask because of allergies and they thought I was sleeping with my mouth open so they also gave me a chin strap. I keep going back and forth between the full mask and the nose mask with chin strap. It seems that I wake up about every 2-3 hours no matter which one I use. My numbers seem to be higher now than what they were during my sleep study and CPAP adjustment. The other night I was so tired and tired if waking up every 2 hours so I slept without the machine and felt better in the morning when I woke up. Is this normal?

I have an appointment with sleep dr in a month, should I try to change it or just ride things out until then?

Thanks for any help.
I have had a C-Pap for about 6 weeks.  I am on the 4th mask and I find that the full face or the Liberty mask with 'pillows' which press against the nasal passages work when I sleep on my back.  But I still have dry mouth with the full face and have been given the ;heated tube which allows me to increase the moisture level without having it accumulate and rumble in the tube.  Nothing works to my satisfaction; I was told that the chin strap still allows one to breath through the mouth (just clench your teeth tight and see ) I wake up to urinate and when I do I usually take the mask off for a few minutes and then p;ut it back on.  Whether or not this cures the belching/farting sound just depends.  I also just remembered that I have a deviated septum from the 10 grade softball hit...It causes my left nostril to close up when I lie down and I've been reading about how that can even cause apnea...oh well...stick with it because it seems that this is such a potentially horrible disease.
I was awaken this morning with my tube wrapped around my neck. Now I have lots of itchy bumps around my neck. Am I allergic to the tube being around my neck?
You could be.  I use a flannel cover over my hose called a "Snuggle Cover"  it covers the entire length of the hose.  It serves two purpopsed.  First, it feels good against your skin and face.  Secondly and most importantly if you use a humidifier, it insulates the hose to prevent it from getting cold and causing rainouts.  I can't tell you how many times I've awakened to find that my bunched up pillow, is actually the slack in my CPAP hose..  That's how comfortable I find it to be.
It takes a while to find a mask or nasal pillows that work for you.  You just have to keep trying.  I made several appointlements with my Durable Medical Equipment provider to go there, and try on a couple of masks before selecting one and trying it.  After 8 years, I'm about to start my third nasal pillow, the Philips DreamWear.  With this one, I was a 5 month beta tester some time ago, so I have prior experience using it.  When I saw the announcement that it had been released, I quickly purchased one as it was perhaps the most comfortable nasal pillow system that I had ever put on, or used for any length of time.  There is a myriad of mask and nasal pillow systems out there.  You just have to find that one that works for you.