Sleep Disorders Community
Does your CPAP mask bother you?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does your CPAP mask bother you?

My CPAP mask bothers me in the morning. I guess its when I start waking up a little and the mask will get a gap in it from the way I move and make a burping sound. Then that's it I cant go back to sleep unless I take it off. Anyone else?
Tags: CPAP, mask
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1622896_tn?1402351966
  I don't know how long you have been on CPAP , please stick with it you may have to bring the mask closer to you. what type of mask you have ? please come back to me , on this one
Blank
5054005_tn?1362926151
Hey I have a full face one but I tried the one for your nose and My mouth would just fly open as soon as I fell asleep
Blank
5054005_tn?1362926151
I have had CPAP about 4b months
Blank
612551_tn?1247839157
Do you have to sleep on your back, and not do much moving to keep the CPAP on?l  I am considering asking for a sleep study as I often wake up and feel like I am suffocating.

I think my problem is more related to nasal congestion not to stopping breathing.  I do revert to breathing through my mouth as my "dry mouth" will testify to.

I do not like to sleep on my back.  

My sleep problems are also disturbed by troubled dreams.  A sleep study may also pot some numbers on my dreaming.  If I am in non-dream deep sleep sufficiently to get rested, then just putting up with the dreams my be all that I can or should do.

Not trying to change the subject, but learning from a post is a secondary use of a post.  Thanks,
Blank
I have only been on my BiPAP machine for 2 weeks but can't seem to find the right mask. At my sleep study they have me 3 of them. And I had to purchase a full face mask because of allergies and they thought I was sleeping with my mouth open so they also gave me a chin strap. I keep going back and forth between the full mask and the nose mask with chin strap. It seems that I wake up about every 2-3 hours no matter which one I use. My numbers seem to be higher now than what they were during my sleep study and CPAP adjustment. The other night I was so tired and tired if waking up every 2 hours so I slept without the machine and felt better in the morning when I woke up. Is this normal?

I have an appointment with sleep dr in a month, should I try to change it or just ride things out until then?

Thanks for any help.
Blank
600561_tn?1326849221
I have had a C-Pap for about 6 weeks.  I am on the 4th mask and I find that the full face or the Liberty mask with 'pillows' which press against the nasal passages work when I sleep on my back.  But I still have dry mouth with the full face and have been given the ;heated tube which allows me to increase the moisture level without having it accumulate and rumble in the tube.  Nothing works to my satisfaction; I was told that the chin strap still allows one to breath through the mouth (just clench your teeth tight and see ) I wake up to urinate and when I do I usually take the mask off for a few minutes and then p;ut it back on.  Whether or not this cures the belching/farting sound just depends.  I also just remembered that I have a deviated septum from the 10 grade softball hit...It causes my left nostril to close up when I lie down and I've been reading about how that can even cause apnea...oh well...stick with it because it seems that this is such a potentially horrible disease.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...