Sleep Disorders Community
Ergent Please Help Me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Ergent Please Help Me

HI i am 32 and have the following symptoms in my sleep I jerk, punch and kick out, shout,swear,get up through things around, bang my head and grind my teeth. I have been doing this since i was a kid doctors have not heard of this it stuffs up relationships and i am sick off it can some one please help me.
There is a sleep disorder where your brain fails to cause the paralysis you are supposed to have while sleeping.  As you go into dream stage of sleep, your brain is supposed to paralyze your voluntary muscles so you don't act out your dreams.  It's not working right for you.  
My sister's first husband had this.  I don't know if they cured him or not, but he used to get up and wreck the bedroom.  My sister would ask what he was doing and he would yell that he couldn't find his wrench or other tool, usually.  But he was sound asleep and would have no memory of it in the morning.  
Can u find out what they did and if it worked if they found a cure please.