I see things at night
I thought I was the only one who experience these things, I have sleep paralisis where I can't move and also wake up at times and see people in my room. These are two different experiences.  These people I see are so real and I've been experiencing this since I was a small child. I'm 61 now and still experiencing this and it still frightens me. I used to scream and then the object would go away.  I have always felt that I was the only one and it was a long time before I shared this with others. I was amazed to learn there are a lot of people out there like me.  Other people think I'm just crazy including my husband who has time after time had to put up with me screaming during the night after I see people, spiders, other things.  One time I saw a old man and a old woman right by my bed both with flowered green shirts on and when I saw them they both extended there arms to me, I screamed and they went away, but I'm not asleep I actually see these things when Im totally awake. If there is a study on this I would love to participate.
I know you may not believe in this, I'm not sure, but they may be apparitions.   Probably check the history of the house. It may put you at ease.
Have you conceded the possibility of them being ghosts and that your sensitive to stuff like that.
Also do they scare you? Maybe it's you subconscious trying to communicate with you baffle you fully wake up. Have you ever tried to talk to these people? I it is you subconscious they might have something to say.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Hypnagogic hallucinations, which are hallucinations which occur between sleep and awakening. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I'm not suffer narcolepsy, but in past, also had sleep paralysis and saw people (mostly big black person in hood). I couldn't say anything and move. My doctor said that wa hypnagogic hallucinations. Now, when I'm taking my medication is no longer happen.