Shaking in Dreams! waking up and I cannot move
Hello:)

My name is William and I am 18 years old.

A few weeks ago I had a strange thing happen to me when I was sleeping although I cannot be sure if I actually was sleeping or half-awake.

It has started to happen again and is making me worried about going to sleep.

As i'm about to drop off, my brain will storm all crazy thoughts to the point where i'm not sure if i'm awake or dreaming. I will try & wake up and when I open my eyes I literally cannot move. This however isnt the worse thing to happen. Just before I wake up to this paralysis, I can feel my body shake very very violently - but i'm sure it's in my head. I finally wake up & i'm fine! I finally drop of to sleep and once again I will shake ( not physically ) or at least it feels as if I am... This is all very hard for me to explain in words :) so i'm sorry if this is rather blunt ! please advise medics & non-medics:) Pleaseeee

Thanks in advance
William
so i had a "dream". i forget what happened before, but then i was in my bed and maybe awake im not sure. but then the curtain started moving as if the window were open and wind was blowing hard, but the window was closed and didnt feel wind and was shaking/vibrating. then i think i woke up and everything was normal. a little bit later i was sleeping again and it happened again, but this time i was lifted up while shaking and for the most part it looked like my room. it was really weird. first time happening
PARASOMNIAS DISORDER is probably your answer. Parasomnias is a disorder caused by either stress or it can be genetic. The only way to relive this disorder or help it is constant meditation by a therapist. If you believe it is caused by stress than it will soon be cured by meditation after some time. If a doctor takes it as genetic  than it will never be cured. You can help the episodes not occur as much with medicine or meditation. Talk to your doctor about your suspicion of having this disorder.
hello everyone
I have been having the same dreams since I was 16 now I am 37. I take vicodins now and then for pain but only for past 5 years. I have been having these weird dreams since teens. There  weird they come in different forms lately more often then ever. I feel like Im casting a demons out of me by rebucking it in the name of jesus I feel like a grinding sensation in my neck and my head starts to shake and I feel like I cant move, speak or even open my eyes. like im being raped. When I was younger the dream would be me getting shot, or Im ding in my sleep. Sometimes nothing just that shaking and bone grinding. I been taking pain med, for past five years for female issues so I thought maybe that set off the dreams again. I wish I could find out whats wrong and hear lately been getting allot of dasavue! like things had happened in a past life.

Shawna
Ive had this experience two times. It's happened when I think of a paranormal experience, I literally lay down for two minutes and I'm not sure if I am awake or not. I feel fully awake but out of nowhere my body gets heavy and starts shaking and my eyes feel as if they are moving back and forth extremely fast. I hear a lout ringing in my ears and I can't move, I think to myself "move your arm, if you can do that then your okay". But I just now had another experience and it terrified me to where I really thought I was going to ie from a rapid heart beat or a seizure. I don't know what's wrong or what I should do. If you've ever had this kind of expierience the  please email me at Sarah.***@**** I am at a loss of words right now.
Although your experience was frightnening, you should know that it is nothing to necessarily be worried about. I myself have dealt with similar circumstances starting about 8 years ago. These events are called sleep paralysis, and on occasion elicit auditory and even visual hallucinations.

I have experienced both before, and there is no denying that they are extremely terrifying, in the sense that you feel helpless to any perceived threat at the moment. However, that these hallucinations only occur because you are in an intermediate state right before falling into a dream state or coming out of it, and a "faulty switch" in your brain leaves you in limbo for a few moments. The only reason that you are paralyzed is because this "switch" is activated to keep you from acting out your dreams in your sleep. The more I came to understand this process the less frighteneing these occurrences became.

I have also experienced episodes of racing heart beart, what feels like a seizure, and also what feels like pins and needles in my sides. Of what I know, they are panic attacks that occur during sleep.

Sleep paralysis CAN be an indicator of narcolepsy, if it is paired with other symptoms such as excessive daytime sleepiness. If you are concerned about that you just have to get it checked out.  I myself have never been to a sleep speacialist to have it checked on....happens maybe once or twice every 4 months. I just kinda role with the punches. Just know its not something thats going to hurt you.....it just has a tendency to be an uncomfortable experience. Don't let it worry you too much :)
I  have been going through the same thing for a few years. Body becomes completely still and its extremely hard to open your eyes. The shaking just started happening this month. Turning on the TV or playing music from my phone usually helps me sleep. Usually once it happens the first time it continues over and over until there's some kind of sound on before I fall asleep. I didn't know what was going on until now when I finally decided to research it.
Hi i had the same events I believe sence I was 16 . I am now 29. I just woke up from a dream that was awesome me and my husband where dancing and out of no where I was pinned down per say witth a humming noise and my body was vibrating (like what a car buffer feels like when in use).i was yelling for help freakin out. what was weird is i felt like i was having my volume turned down where i could her me yelling no one else.. scared me very much. Woke up stiff as a board and what happened next is a positive. I have had an injury from a car accident about 2 yrs ago .my brachial plexus was over stretched (nerves were streatched). I had lost some motions in arm and strength issuess in my hand (no grip).i am still seeing pain speacialists and physical theripyst. Well ,i woke up and im in aww whats funny i can bend my hand,fingers and i can squeeze and grip things!! So,so excited i am sitting here telling you what just happened at 3:30 am. Im so happy to be able to grip and pull my blanket and move my pillow with that hand OMG this rocks.my question has any one ever woke up from this experiance while imjured but had what feels like a repair ???? Please let me know Thanks!!!:)
Hi I have had something similar I lie to sleep when I start to shake violently and I get bad dreams but I know I am awake. I am unable to move or cry out for help and my husband says that the bed has not shaken so this is from in side me not from out side of me. I find this very scary coz I want to wake but I cannot. It also feels like it takes ages and yet it's prob only a few mins
this has been happening to me since i was about 18 ,i wake up cant move
i here a buzzing sound i cant move some times i cant breath but one time
i saw 3 beings standing next to my bed they were dark and i could only make out shadows.what is going on can some body help
Call on Jesus it works
this happened to me last night i had a dream that my boyfriend had had held a cup up towards me and it seemed that my whole insides were being sucked out, i was shacking in bed and having troubles breathing, luckly my boyfriend woke me up and i was crying.
I also have this disorder, and it is quite scarry. I am at work right now and my body is exausted from lack of sleep. I went to try and shut my eyes for a few minutes durring my lunch break and what do you know? I got sucked right into one of those things. I tried to wake but was only able to open my eyes for a few seconds. I seem to have a seizure when tring to get my body up where my head trembles back and forth. I am able to make sounds for someone to help me wake but it is difficult for others to distinguish you dreaming or calling for help. My son thought that I was trembling because I was cold, my brother thought I was just making noises and was actually awake, my x-wife realized I was having an episode and woke me instead of slapping me after I squeezed her abdomin really hard in a cry for help. I always end up with a headache which I have at the moment since this has just happened. I just want you all to know you are not alone.
I just had this freightening dream. I went to sleep around 1:00 AM and around 6:30 AM I couldt not deside wether I was awake or asleep. Anyhow, I sleep with my bedroom window open. And what happened to me is that I suddenly hear someone violently knocking on my bedroom door. This is followed by a violent shaking and I start to panic. I feel like someone is trying to break into my room and at the same time someone is standing next to me and shaking my bode violently. The worst part of this is that I cannot, how much I try to, scream for help or fight back. I start to panic, like someone is out to get me, and then I hear something like an evil laughter go on and on while my body is shaking like crazy. When I do wake up, not knowing if I already was, the shaking, knocking and laughing stops. As if nothing ever happened. Then I am very scared and I feel tingling all over my body. I go back to sleep, wake up again, go back to sleep.. Then I start to dream, dont remember about what, but during this dream I suddenly hear this loud noise. The noise reminded me about the violent shaking I just experienced and the noise I heard was so freightening that I instantly woke up as if I was afraid that the shaking would start again. From then on, around 7:20 AM, I was too afraid to go back to sleep. All of this happened today.

Previously, about a month ago, I dreamed about someone pressing my shoulders to the floor while I was freezed, couldnt do anything other than just lie there. The two persons that were holding my down, in this dream, were burglars. I tried and tried to scream, kick and punch but I couldnt do anything other than pretend I was asleep so they couldnt hurt me.

Does anyone know what these dreams mean? Is the violent shaking just in my head or is it actually happening?
It's funny how last night i had a dream that there was an earthquake & buildings were shaking & falling down around me, but the earth never actually CRACKED! I googled the dream and then i saw these posts and i still am SHOCKED about this! Guys...i have had these same episodes (albeit few & between), over the years. The latest episode was YESTERDAY!!! My husband said it looked like i was having a seizure. I was asleep, but i was also awake...i couldn't move any part of my body...i heard him calling my name but i couldn't open my eyes. The shaking i believe is MY INNER will power to try & wake up...i keep telling myself (while in this state) that if i shake enough i should wake up or my husband will sense that something is wrong & wake me up. It has worked several times. But from what i am reading...it  may not have anything to do with my will power...it seems shaking is a part of this condition. If stress/trauma is indeed a/one of the cause for this, then it's true in my case. I HATE FLYING...and i flew on Sunday which was extremely traumatic because the pills given to me by my physician was suppose to knock  me out COLD...instead i was awake for the entire plane trip but was calm/like a zombie...i was terrified inside...but it didn't show/i couldn't show it outside at all, because of the pills. I thank you all for your posts & for letting me, amongst others, know that we aren't alone with this weird condition. All the best to those who have it worse than myself.
i also have these nightmares, i wish i would write down them i could have one great scary movie, all have been different and not related in anyway to my life or movies i've watched, they come from no where, they seem to always happen after i eat no bake cookies right before i go to bed, they happen late in sleep or in the early morning hours. i know i am having a nightmare and i can't wake myself up i know and can feel myself trying to wake up and can't VERY SCARY, luckily my husband has always been there when i've had them and he could feel me shaking and moaning he knows i'm having them and has to shake me hard to get me awake, why am i having such bad nightmares and why am i so scared that i can't wake myself up, that's what scares me most, what if i have one and he's not there to help me?
Pray, pray, pray. I had mine today. It was terrifying. I was confused on what to do. I tried screaming for help. It didn't work. As soon as I prayed to god I instantly woke up.
I just woke up from this kind of bad experience and googled this. i really thought it was only me! this has been.happening to me since i was about 4 years old (25 now). i feel it has to do more with spirits and demons. i cN write so many experiences where i couldnt move, eyes open, with a evil presence around me. ive seen alot in my time and im a average joe. this particular time i will tell u guys exactly what happened since its so fresh. i was fully asleep having a vivid dream with colors and crazy dr. sues type stuff going on. like hippie like type. something in my head said just let go. right after that i snapped out of my dream to me paralized with a mans face to the right of me. i could only see half of his face. his head then began to shake fast and rapidly and seemed to be right face to face with me. his eyes appeared to be rolled in the back of his head and he had a evil smirk on his face. again i can only see him at the corner of my right eye. i then tried with all my might to scream for help. as i did that he then started to taught me over my screams for help with a demon like roll of the toung. I seen my girlfriend jump off the couch and shake me until i got out of that state. she said she heard me say help and seen my eyes rolled in the back of my head. very scary. so i dont know what to think or even do any more. it happens to my sister sometimes but my experiences are things like out of a scary movie.what is going on with me??? this is real.  Im 30 mins new to this forum so excuse me if im not following any type of guidlines or i am in the wrong forum for this. Thank you for taking the time out to read this
Hey it too realized this happening to me and i found out if you try( bare with me im horrible at explaining things).. to smack your lips at a diagonal gesture there's a chance that you'll stop shaking violently. A night ago I had it twice and the second time it tried it and it worked.

P.S. You should try and spread this bit of information( if it does work) for better awareness..
Hey! Im kearia & The same thing happened me...i was sleep and IM also not sure if it was a dream or if i.was awake but it seems as if i.was awake. I was shaking very very hard & wind was blowing in my face i tried to move but i couldnt it was like something had my handhand strap down down or something.all i could do waswas screem and ask god for help..im also 16 and i iguess it happened to me cus i sleep nearly everyday all day and never want to get out of bad and i guess it was god way of saying time to get up...but im still searching for an answer.. This just happen so im very paranoid as of now...slick want to cry.....thanks for sharing this with us now iknow im not the only one
Just pray to god. Works for me. Should work for you.
This Happend ToO Me a Couple Times Just Started Like 9 Months Ago Only Happened 4 Times ! The Last Time Was Really Scary I'm 16 , & I'm Pretty Sure iWasint Sleeping !! & No One Could Hear It Cause I Was Sleeping In The Living RoOm With My Other Siblings & This Thing Was a Dark Shadow Figure ! Laughing at Me Hold Me Down I Couldn't Move Or Talk =/ It Was Really Scary ! That Lights Were Going On & Off So I Started Praying In My Head & It Worked But iKnow I Was Not Sleeping.
I have the same problem, will wake up and can't move nor even lift my head up, suddenly start screaming, no one seems to hear my call for Help[!

Is there any medication that you can take for this problem?

Cymbalta, Celebrex, Gabapentm  Metoprolol medications that I take now
     After dealing with this problem over and over again I realized the best thing to do is remain calm. The more you try to fight it the worse it gets. When you remain calm the pain is not as bad. Also flexing your nose while reaming calm helps me wake up. I usually try to relax my whole body and go to sleep in my sleep if that makes any sense. After i find the pain is not as bas i flex my nose and WALA. -Anonymous ;)
I have had this problem for many many years most people are not aware they are dreaming and dont need the brain defence mechanism of paralyzing our muscles to protect us in sleep this is what causes the frozen like feeling. I have also had tremors during sleep and when i see things in  my room my whole body shakes not of fear but in a weird muscular response during a lucid dream. I have seen many many things in my room when im half asleep ie people etc but they are not there some people call this lucid dreaming. i am very very aware when im dreaming and i can literally wake myself up. I have also had the me shouting for my partner to wake me up when im in the frozen muscle state but no sound comes out although your brain makes you think you are shouting i have accepted these problems and they now really dont bother me anymore i hope this helps other people.

Oh forgot to say i get it most when i have been using my brain alot in the day ie reading drawings (i am a steel fabricator) or doing puzzles for a period of time also sometimes when i have really got into a thriller movie you know the ones that make your brain think alot in the movie.

I just had his dream last night. It freaked me out. And it was my first one. I was dreaming I was lying in my bed in my room with sheets over me. I start to hear what seems to be helicopter noises and then a shadow of a man appears above me and my bed starts shaking violently. It seemed as if I was awake. I couldn't figure out if the man was shaking my bed or not.
Soawareofthefallenones is correct...only Jesus can help...when I started to seek the Lord, this happened once...the fallen angels try to scare you...I am a holy ghost filled Christian who delights greatly in seeking the Lord, so shortly after I sensed the presence in my "sleep" I started to move my mouth to speak, but couldn't ...my mouth was like mush or something.  I ended up speaking in my spirit "I rebuke you in Jesus' name" and it left right away...never happened again, because I know the power in the name of Jesus...if it happened again, just rebuke again in Jesus' name...if you know who you are in Christ, its not scary any more, because you understand the spiritual realm a little more...God bless you
well ive had this thing where when i have bad dream or just randomly  im trying to wake up but cant, like ill be half asleep but,awake at the same time and its like sleeps pulling me under, i cant barely move and when i try my hardest to move i just twitch rlly hard and sooner or later i give up and sleep takes over me again, im not sure how to explain it, but it kinda hurts when im doing it, its like im fighting something rlly hard, and trying to not go to sleep even tho i am asleep and awake in the back of my mind...idk how this is possible and just last night i heard voices,not sure if i was just dreaming...probobly was but i heard voices from all kinds all around me in my room....one was a little girl making out "daddy help me" was really weird ...and all my life this happens sometimes usually when i have bad dreams or just refuse to do something in my sleep....maybe its because im scared...once it feels like i have no control of my body and cant move...i want to wake up..but cant...its very weird...and scary
hey this has been happening to me for at least 3 to 4 years now. my family is pretty spiritual i can feel good and evil energy most of the time i believe in God but i hate this i really do it wont let me sleep i mean idk if its astral travel or not because i dont go anywhere but i hear chatter while i shake it doesnt really sound human...
Last night I had what was maybe one of the worst nights of sleep I've ever experienced. I am 15, and for recently I had a dream of being on a higher area, and if i fell, the bottom and pretty much everything around was dark. Looking down to the bottom was pitch black. To start off about my experience last night, I woke up around 1:30 from going to bed at around 10. I believe I began dreaming when I fell back asleep after 1:30. This dream was different from any other dream. I don't remember much details, but I do remember I was in my house, and everything was exactly the same as it is in real life. I was on my back porch and coming up the stairs was a person who I thought was my uncle, I don't know how but I just thought it was him,  but as he got closer it was somebody else who seemed out of place. He got closer and noticed my confusion. Immediately everything got blurry, and I thought I had been drugged. I "woke" up and I was in my exact spot in which I was sleeping in and as I opened my eyes, I saw a weird figure of a very deformed girl figure who was on all fours on the couch by me. I don't remember much about or the order of the events that followed but soon after I completely woke up. As I was trying to recall that scene, I recognized it as a dream but I knew I also had that sense of doubt, had it really happened? I also remembered that I had been shaking, almost as if having a seizure, which again, I don't recall if I had actually been physically shaking or not. I was terrified after having spent some minutes thinking of it. The time was 3:23 a.m. I fell back asleep, I woke up due to a dream of being on heights. I moved to a different spot. Paranoid, I began to hear thumps and creaking all around. I finally got to sleep a little more, but woke up about an hour later. I fell asleep for a final time, and when I did wake up, It was because of a dream of being on heights and falling from the platform down to the deep bottom of darkness. In every scene of the dreams of heights I've had, I've been scared of falling, and in most the dreams, I did fall. I usually wake up when I'm falling. If not, I either fly up to the top or just spawn back at the surface. In the dreams I try to remain calm and act like i'm not scared but deep down I'm terrified. I'm not sure how to react about these dreams. Also, in my dreams, I remember seeing a lot of dark shadows. What could this mean? Thanks for reading, if you have ever experienced or know anything of these dreams or their meanings, please help me understand. I don't want to fear having to sleep.
Will, I get exactly what you described. Does anyone know the cause of sleep paralysis..and the violent shaking? I didn't used to get the violent shaking... what's freaking me out is that this is progressively changing me. It used to be sounds, feelings and a feeling over someone over me or touching me but now i'm able to see my own body, while viewing my dreams..

For example I literally just woke up 20 minutes ago from this happening: I fell into sleep and became aware that I was sleeping because my bedroom became very clear in my mind.. I could see my light on and felt awake but when I went to move I couldn't and then I could feel this struggling, vibrating motion in my body and head... I don't know how but suddenly I was looking down at myself laying down in bed and I could hear my mum and her ex fighting at the end of the hall (but they haven't lived together in years.... so I realised that I hadn't actually lifted myself out of bed and I realised I was still dreaming).  Then suddenly all of my socks and mess came flying out of my room... And Mum says to me clean up your mess. And go to bed, now.  It was really freaky and so I said to her "Why are you getting mad at me for no reason? I know why because you're fighting with Lori again". - - In this episode I was clearly aware of present day relationships..like my mum and her ex had got back together, and the new tenant who now lives in our house was in his room... There's this growing awareness during my sleep paralysis and changes like the violent shaking and vivid frightening arguments and it's really scaring me...
Does any one know the cause?
Im 18. I have had a few if these experiences recently. It started about when I turned 17 and has been active during the year. I'm going to try to tell what I expeinced as detailed as I can. I stayed up late tonight playing a android app called Pocket legends. I start to get sleepy so I lay down and I close my eyes. The last time I looked at the time it was 1:34am something. Suddenly I felt like I was awake, but I had my eyes closed because I wanted to go back to sleep. I feel this weird feeling I don't know how to explain it but its like a feeling that I know what's about to happen so I try to wake up. I'm so sleepy but I want to wake up but I cant.

I'm indenting so its easily more readable

So to continue , I feel this unwanted presence. I'm still so sleepy but I want to wake up. I always feel that if it thinks I'm asleep it will go away. I feel this presence getting stronger, and I want to open my eyes to see what's there but I'm too afraid to do so. Then I fell this shaking thing. There must be another word to describe this feeling because shaking defiently doesn't compare to this. I feel like its shaking me very very intensely. Not like a shaking to where your trying to wake someone up. It feels like vibrating and shaking but with a lot of intensity. Also I can hear this intense ringing noise. Its like I'm vibrating and the ringing noise intensifies this feeling. Its most intense towards my head. Then I feel like this thing is levitating me. Then the shaking towards my head gets worse.  I'm grinding my teeth and I don't know  if it were my teeth or bones but I could here it rattling because of the shaking. Also the ringing sound sounds like those high frequency dog whistle sounds. I can then feel myself levitating but I'm kind of curled up with my knees near my chest but my arms hanging down.

I'm really trying to move my arms to try to wake myself up but I can barely do it. My arms are really floppy and hard to move. Then I feel myself lowering and Im  back on my bed. I'm desperiatly trying to wake up but the best I could manage was to peak open my eyes. I almost woke up I could feel it but then I had a overwhelming urge to go back to sleep. I tried to fight it but I couldn't fully open my eyes and I fell back into the intense shaking feeling. It then levitated me again. I think and in my mind call Jesus to help me. I feel that if I look at whatever was doing that to me it would kill me. I repeatedly call Jesus for help then I started to lower back into my bed. I'm in the struggle to open my eyes again, thankfully I was able to. I woke up at 3:50 out if that horrible nightmare. I know what happened actually happened, but it feels like it didn't. after that I prayed and repented of my sins then I tried to research if anyone else had these ezpericnes.  Then I found this and I read a few and wrote my own. Have faith in Jesus and just try not to do things you know are bad. if you slip up pray for forgiveness, try praying every morning and evey night. Don't trust the scientific reasoning behind this trust in what you truly think it is.
hi everyone, its now 4.03 am and i have just come out of what i call (a shivery dream) this first started happening to me when i was 16 im now 29, First time it happened i was in bed at night listening to a cd, i like to listen to music or watch tv before i go to sleep as it helps me to fall asleep faster. anyway this night while i was lying on my bed all of a sudden my body was paralyzed i could not move no matter how hard i tried, my eyes were open so i could see my bed room and i could hear the cd playing in the back round so i know i was awake.i was terrified and tried to pull myself free, but it was no good the more i fought it the worse it got then a loud sound started happening in my ears and head like if someone hit you in the ear (i think its called bells) i automatically thought it was something evil as i could not get my head around what was happening to me, REALLY SCARY  i eventually pulled myself free but when it stopped my heart was racing and i was so still in the bed thinking to myself what just happened. i prayed and prayed to god to protect me, ive heard and seen the weirdest things over the years,one night it happen in my room again i moved my eyes towards the door i saw a white face (not human) peeping in at me while i was going through another episode, other times it was like i was being raped by something evil, other times i was levitating off my bed shaking violently, tonight it happened again bit this time the sound was like an old tape rewinding really loud, thank god im not the only one experiencing this,it is very very very frightening, i really did feel like a crazy person until i saw all your'er comments tonight, thank you for sharing them
Had the same experience though instead of loud ringing in the ears, somehow, i heard a "creeping" music being played.
I thought I was losing it too, i'm glad to know im not alone.   Last night was by far the worst  I have ever had it.  I got pulled into hell by shadow people.  It happened all night probably 15-20 times in a row
This is a combination of two phenomena: sleep paralysis and hypnagogic (and/or hypnopompic) hallucinations. Otherwise healthy people can occasionally experience these things, especially if they are sleep deprived/have a sleep deficit. If this is happening to you on a regular basis, or if it is affecting your ability to work/go to school/socialize/take care of yourself, then you should see your doctor about it. In rare cases, these phenomena can be associated with certain sleep disorders. However, as you can see from the numerous responses here, sleep paralysis itself is pretty common; almost everyone will experience it at least once in their life.

I should also note that although unpleasant, neither of these are harmful to the body in any way. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best wishes, H.
I thought I was losing it too, i'm glad to know im not alone.   Over the last 5 years last night was by far the worst  I have ever had it by far.  I got pulled into hell by shadow people and a small devil that was perched on my fan.  My spirit came out of my body and rose up to the devil by my fan, then he grabbed me and pulled me through my bed to what seemed like the center of the earth.  I could not wakeup from it, it seemed to go on for hours and was so intense.  There were other people down there as well. God help me I cannot go through this again.
Talk to your doctor about sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. There are medications that can reduce REM sleep, and thereby discourage these phenomena from occurring. I have narcolepsy (which causes sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations to be extremely frequent) and have had good luck with the "old school" tricyclic antidepressant Imipramine. It's definitely worth discussing with your doctor, as these symptoms can be a sign of a larger sleep disorder.

I know how terrifying these episodes can be. I'm sorry you're having these issues. Best wishes, H.
Thank you so much for the advice, I am definitely going to see my doctor this week.   I read up on SP and noticed that ADD meds could be a cause as well and i'm prescribed to Adderall and Xanax. I just had the worst SP 2 nights in a row but I was extremely exhausted and stressed out, before then it was a couple months before my last episode.
I hope your doctor can help you. Sleep paralysis is pretty awful; I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

One other thing of note: scientific research has shown that sleep paralysis is more likely to occur when people sleep on their backs than on their side or stomach. We don't yet know why this is, but if you're able to sleep in a different position, that may help decrease these episodes.
I was wondering if you might help us out by answering a one-question survey?  If you have a moment, go to the front page (hit the back to community button at the top of this page) and locate the poll about sleep topics. I would love to have your feedback. Thanks, H.
Sure I will do that!

I want to not that while this experience has continued to happen to me I no longer fear it.  I have found that this is some form of lucid dreaming and as long as I don't freak out when I realize its happening I can just walk around.  I still see myself laying there, but there is no scary creatures or anything.  I believe you subconsciously project these images when you are freaked out and scared.  Now that I know what's happening, and that this happens to people all the time and is somewhat normal I am not scared.  I have actually turned this awful nightmare in to a somewhat positive experience.  I hope this helps someone from suffering.  Read up on Lucid dreaming and WILD it could change your life.  
hey, I want to say that I have had exactly the same experience that you have had, all the details. I 'm a christian and every night I pray , I wonder is this weird thing related to God or is this some evil force?
i am 14 right now but i was about 12 when i first remember the same thing happening to me. Ive always been very open to everything so when this happen to me i thought it was normal, even though very scary. But my old house is where id get all these sp things, and that house was veryyyy old like 1940s old. id always have nightmares and when id try to wake from these nightmares id feel a violent shaking and a extremely eerie feeling and wouldnt be able to get up. ive only had one or two i remember in my current house, its newer idk if that has anything to do with it. but my last experience in my old house was my worse and i still remember it. i shared a room with my little sister and i fell asleep at about 10. i was having a nightmare about my little sister and my room and my closet, which i was horrified of, and it was night. it felt very real and i controlled myself but not anything else happening. things started getting weird and terrifying and i tried to wake up as i was trying to wake up i fell as if i was being pushed down and shaking violently and i couldnt open my eyes or move anything. i felt like that was happening for about 10-15 minutes finally i jumped up to see my sister still awake thank god. it was about 12:30 when i woke up and she told me nothing happened and i wasnt shaking but i was breathing weird. that was the weirdest experience ive had.
I am 18 soon and recently I was having this really trippy dream, not unusual I have them often, then this scream happened and it echoed over and over eventually becoming shaking then I woke up and was frozen and shaking, it stopped afterwards I asked my mom and she said it was a spiritual experience, I'm pretty open minded so I was cool with that, it has happened three times since always with the screaming and the shaking and I thought I would see if it was a problem, seeing that quite a few people are living with it is a great comfort so thanks.
Don't let anyone fool you. There is no such thing called astral travelling in the Bible (The Holy Bible the Word of the Living God – God Almighty, the Creator if the heavens and the earth). Astral travelling is directly from the pit of hell and is controlled by satan and his demons. The good news is that you can be delivered and set free from all these horrible experiences. Jesus Christ came to set us free. He died at the cross and his blood covers us (children of God). Let Jesus set you free. Repent of you sin and invite Jesus into your heart (life) and except Him as your Lord and Savior. Then rebuke satan and his principalities and demon power over your body and life and command them to go from you and return to the pit of hell where they belong, in Jesus’s name -(very important!!!!!).
Here is the simple, but powerful prayer: Say/pray this aloud: Dear Jesus I confess of all my sin, please forgive me, come into my heart. I make You my Lord and Saviour.
Now you rebuke satan: satan I come in the name of Jesus the Son of the living God against you and your principalities and demon power over your body and life and command them to go from me and return to the pit of hell where they belong, in Jesus’s name  
My friends join a good bible basis church and your life will change to be in the Wonderful Light. It would be a vice decision to talk to a Spirit filled pastor and your dreams he will assist you further.
My prayers are with you all. God Bless.  
Hi I am 43yrs. old now and I am having the same thing going on and it's scary.  My wife be beside me and you cant do anything. I be calling her by name but she can't  hear me.  I feel me picking up pillows and throwing it but look at my hand and it's still there.
I just woke up from the worst nightmare of my life.
I experienced this shaking dreams 8 years ago every single night for 3 months in a row, the dream started with me in my bed unable to move or open my eyes, there was a man who would yell at me and shake me violently, i would constantly try to wake up and sometimes i could but more often than not i fell right back to sleep.
Of course i googled this back then but found nothing, at the time i was heavily medicated so i thought it was a side effect since the box said it caused sleep paralisys, something i want to add is that once when i was trying to wake up something happened, i dont know if i managed to open the eyes in my dream or what happened but everything was yellow, like an infinity of yellow. I would like to think that this was the last night i had the dream but im not sure, i talked with my friends about this all the time and i nicknamed the guy shaking me the yellow man because of this.
3 nights ago the nightmares started again, i havent been taking medication in months. First two were just me shaking and trying to wake up, this one tho. Im not religious nor a beliver of the paranormal, it started very wierd with me inmediately realising i was falling asleep into one of those dreams. My head felt wierd for a moment and i couldnt think straight, i started feeling a lot of hands grabbing me and pulling me while i shaked, i couldnt move but felt my body being moved by these hands all over my bed, i couldnt even try to wake up and out of esperation i started praying, i only know one prayer and its in spanish called padre nuestro, at first it did nothing and almost felt like it was getting worst and then i started asking jesus to help me and i felt the hands all over my mouth like they were trying to stop me, then i said amen, i dont even know what amen means but i felt like i removed something from my mouth and woke up inmidiately.
Im not religious and i still think that it was some wierd allucination and that somehow praying calmed me enough to be able to wake up, its half past 6 in the morning now and im going to church as soon as it opens for the first time in my life. Whatever is happening to me i have the strange feeling that cant harm me at least while im awake which is really wiered considering thats not what you feel as soon as you wake up from a nightmare
My name is Jayden.I am 13. The same thing happened to me tonight. I was having a nice dream about my favorite movie Lilo and Stitch. Then as I was waking up I was violently shaking. I thought maybe there was an earthquake going on in my dream or in real life. It lasted about ten seconds. I tried calling for my parents or trying to hold my eyelids open with my fingers but I couldn't move me arms.Then when I said God Ill do anything you want I woke up. My suggestion is pray, pray, pray. Pray before, during, and after the episodes. Pray before you go to bed every single night.
I'm stav and I'm 15...I just wake up from a nightmare and I was really weird cause it's my first time experiencing smthing like this...I woke up from the nightmare my eyes were open,  I couldn't move, my body was vibrating not enough to make me feel pain though,  I was hearing ringing and I couldn't breathe... After that happened I was shocked and scared and after a few seconds I happened again!!  The exact same thing for the same amount of time.. I'm not sure what it is but I don't think it's sleep paralysis.. What do??
I have the same problem. I'm 15 right now, and very recently i had a dream where my eyesight shook rapidly and my body would shake too. I would try to move but i couldn't at all. What i thought was weird, i was lying down in ny point of view, in my bed, and when i woke up, i was in that exacy position. Thing is, i don't know if i was awake or dreaming. I then saw this little girl with black mid-long hair waking up from a nap, and it felt like i started screaming. Before she looked up at me, i then woke up. I immediately had a headache after that. This morning (July 3rd) I had a similar dream again. I'm too scared to sleep now, as i hate these dreams.