Sleep Disorders Community
Shaking in Dreams! waking up and I cannot move

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Hello:)

My name is William and I am 18 years old.

A few weeks ago I had a strange thing happen to me when I was sleeping although I cannot be sure if I actually was sleeping or half-awake.

It has started to happen again and is making me worried about going to sleep.

As i'm about to drop off, my brain will storm all crazy thoughts to the point where i'm not sure if i'm awake or dreaming. I will try & wake up and when I open my eyes I literally cannot move. This however isnt the worse thing to happen. Just before I wake up to this paralysis, I can feel my body shake very very violently - but i'm sure it's in my head. I finally wake up & i'm fine! I finally drop of to sleep and once again I will shake ( not physically ) or at least it feels as if I am... This is all very hard for me to explain in words :) so i'm sorry if this is rather blunt ! please advise medics & non-medics:) Pleaseeee

Thanks in advance
William
sounds like sleep paralyzes

go to your doctor he may order an eeg of your sleep.. its quite common, i have suffered with this when i am stressed...  
This should not be a scary experience although sometimes when you do not know what is happening it can be. I have always done this. It is called astral travel. It happens to people who are more in tune or who have a lineage of those more in tune with the spiritual world. Your soul is not a part of your body but more inside your body. Sometime during sleep it leaves but is never unattached. There are so many things in this world that people do not understand and one of them is that we are such a small part of this large universe. We are all souls and we do not die. We inhabit these crapy bodies to do our duties on earth. We sleep to rejuvinate our souls! Sometimes after traumitizing times on earth our souls may leave our bodies to visit certain healing places which we are lead to by our spirit guides...God gave all of us atleast one, however we have many angels. We also may choose, in our sleep ofcourse, to visit past loved ones or even drop in on others! They can not see us though as we are there in spirit. The alarming paralyzing fear happens when we our physical body starts to awaken before our spirit is back in form inside. We are awake but cant move, we hear or feel buzzing, we feel as if we are being held down by an evil force who wants to eat our unborn children.....No.  Does this not all pass? Yes, because quickly, faster than you realize you have returned to your body and can now move again.  I know how scary this is as I used to have the same thing. Now before I go to sleep I say that I only want to leave if I can have a quick return. You can never be lost or not find your way back. We are intricate spirits and way to smart to "get lost". I always ask before I go to bed to have healed whatever damage may have been done during the day in this wonderful world, sarcasm here, to be healed while I am asleep or off visiting the spirit world. Some people can even remember vividly hovering above their bodies or being on the celing to then flying out of the window and into mountains.  I like to think of it as a nice little escape! Have fun!
I too get this, sleep paralysis and the Electric Shocks in my brain, body shaking violently.

This post which I found tonight has a great deal of information on it along with a great many people experiencing the same symptoms.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/messages/34793.html

To Lauren
I have had the Astral travel experience too, and I have to say it is amazing but if you have ever had the electric shocks I've had in my head b4, sometimes after you would not want it to happen again. It feels as though your head is about to explode, almost probably what a brain hemorrhage is like.
OMG!!!
I had the same dream except it felt like i was awake and SOMEONE was shaking me and i thought my eyes were open but i couldnt move and they kept shaken me violently and i had pins and needles! :(
It was the worst dream ever cause i thought i was awake and i had no control over my body!

Kym Age 17
I've been having the same issues for about a year now. It doesn't happen every night; I would say 2 or 3 times a week. I went to a sleep center where they strapped this crazy thing on my head and made me sleep with in on. The whole problem with this was it was hard going to sleep in this place, I had this thing on my head and one of those pulse things on my finger, and it didn't happen that night (no shaky dreams). So of course I got a clean bill of health. I also went through an EEG and an MRI with the same ending - thank God I live in Canada. My doctor said it could be due to weight problems, but I've lost about 40lbs since it started and it's still happening.

These shaky dreams - I hate calling it this because they sometimes fell a whole lot more violent - can vary substantially. This is why I finally searched on the web to see what it is; last night's was probably the worst one I've had. The thing I hate the most is that I fall back to sleep and it happens again and again - I think 7 times is the most, but it's hard to remember. The other thing I hate is I would force my eyes open and attempt to move, but of course I was as still as a brick, then I would close my eyes again, shake like crazy and finally wake up. This sounds crazy, but one time I actually saw this thing floating above me and I started getting goosebumps (this is after I forced my eyes open, so I couldn't move). After that experience I wasn't sure what to think - is it a brain thing, a spiritual thing or just some unexplainable phenomenon.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this, maybe there are answers out there after all. I hate doing it, but I sometimes leave the tv on while I sleep and I don't get them (I've only done this a few times, so I'm not sure if this is a sure-fire way to prevent this).

Cody    
I get this all the time, it started probably 7-8 years ago, im 21 now and im quite sick of it really. I think my problem is on another level because i cant breathe for a good minute! its terrifying. Something is holding me down, i cant move i cant speak, but i can see, sometimes my eyes roll back and im not doing that on purpose.

Ive had the shaking experience only once or twice at most, but nonetheless it scared the **** out of me. Many times this weirdness occurs as im about to enter sleep but last nite it happened while i was wide awake!!!!! i felt a huge pressure on my chest i couldnt move even a finger. I felt terrified for absolutely no reason. I wasnt stressed or even tired.

I believe its completely spiritual rather than biological, because its occurence is very varibale. It doesnt always happen when im tired , stressed or even depressed, im not overweight, i dont do drugs, dont drink alcohol & i dont have an illnes...it just happens when it wants to. Also im a tad bit psychic, im ver much in touch with my spiritual side. I do believe in spirits but i really cant explain nor understand this phenomena
It's been happening to me for 12 years now.  I was 16 when it started happening first on a weekly basis then every single day for years.  It really feels like something wants to take over my body, thats the closest way to explain it.  I am permanantly on antidepressants I think it could be mainly a result.  I was (am) terrified of going to bed.  Right now it's 2:40 in the morning.  I've been doing ALOT of research and guys, do yourselves a favour... go look up NARCOLEPSY.  I cannot believe that all the doctors that I've been to did not know what was happening when I told all of them that I cannot move or speak and I am seeing things, even feeling things touching me, fighting my own body to try and move every single night, tired in the day, awake at night, cannot consentrate and they look at me like I'm stupid saying someting like, 'Mm, so you say you can't move or speak hey, mm',...  Narcolepsy!! happens to about 1 in 2000 people so read carefully and go for sleep therapy if you want to make sure that its narcolepsy.  
But like I said, please read carefully where they show all the sighns to look for.  I'm seeing a 'narcolepsy'- doc that on the 10th and taking it from there!  Guys please let me know if this info helped.  I struggled for sooo long.  I'll check in every now and then.  Good luck!
Last night I woke (I think I was awake) and my body was shaking I tried to wake my partner but I could not move or speak but I'm sure my mouth opened as if I was speaking, was I awake or was it a dream or what ??? It was quiet scary.....i can remember times 2.12am and 4.18am but I don't know why I remember them but for some reason it all seemed so real.
The "astral travel" idea may sound a little wacky, but believe me it isn't. It is real. I can testify to that. And I am quite a steady, fairly normal person with no psych. issues!
It really is quite wonderful but is very scary unless you know what it is. The first time it happened to me (age 27 and fighting-fit) I was convinced I was sick. All I can say is I am glad I had a friend who helped me through, by explaining pretty metaphysical stuff to me, and I didn't end up drugged out of my skull by doctors who wouldn't couldn't ever understand.
First time it happened I had electric 'vibrating' all through my body, which seemed pinned to the bed. I was fully awake by the way. This got more and more intense (very scary) then there was whistling, humming noises, like an aircraft taking off (more scary) Then suddenly I was free, no noises, just floating.
This happened hundreds of times in my life since. (30 years)I am of very good strong constitution. Never has any of this stuff made me sick. And I always found that the day after one of these 'episodes' I would feel even more well than normal.
I was dreaming that something evil was trying to attack me and remember asking for, in my dream i said  "god the  higher power".  I started to feel as though something was being pulled out of me and my entire body,brain eyes,brain was shaking from my very core from friction of the... dont mean to sound crazy but like a demon,entity whatever you may call it was lifted with extreme friction out of my body.  I awoke but could not open my eyes because of fear that something was going to attack me.  I layed there thinking of the incident, and trying to shrug it off as nothing, but  fell back asleep with my girlfriend next to me, grinding her teeth slightly which she never does that im aware of in the last 2 years i've slept with her next to me.   I'm 31 and this is not like anything I can remember in a long time.  

The only similiar event I remember was a black shadow figure jumping on me and compressing me when I was maybe 6-10 years old.
I have these "dreams" - less frequently now... I fight to yell, to stop the quaking/shaking, try to move, scream my husband's name as I can hear him snoring next to me. It is terrifying! People say it is a bad dream, I smile & nod not wanting to tell them I am AWAKE  while it is happening. I am sure it lasts for seconds but it feels like hours as I fight to gain control over my own body.
It is very strange & very scary ...
I've had sleep paralysis too. I lived in a trailer that when we were young we had several weird experience with an ouija board. I could see clouded figures and orbs all the time and I knew I wasn't going crazy cause there was other people who saw them too. I used to wake up in trances and once woke up and couldn't move I tried my best to and fought as hard as I could, my stomach was vibrating violently I fell back half asleep and in torture for maybe 15-30 minutes woke back up stomach still vibrating and it finally stopped. Must say weirdest thing ever I moved out of the trailer and nothing has happened and I haven't seen anymore figures since and that was seven years ago.
my name is gary messina  when i try to wake up in my sleep.    I think i woke up , but i didnt i was astro planing walking or floting in my room,       i been doing this for 30 years  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be as indicated due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. If your symptoms are interfering with your sleep or daily activities, you will need to consult your primary care physician, who may refer you to a sleep specialist if indicated.

Hope This Helped and Do Keep Us Posted.
My heart goes out to you. There are so many of you. The more I search for those who have suffered this, I am shocked that there are so very many of you. The occult has become so mainstream. Too many of you have opened yourselves up to the occult, and in doing so, you have unwhittingly called them. And they are out there searching for those to communicate with, and to torment. The reason you all feel terror and fear, is because these are fallen angels. They are not nice. They are void of goodness. They are in rebellion to God and they have rejected the epitome of goodness, love etc, the character of God. They visit you at night when you are vuneralble and they delight in your harm. Job 4 seems to have an example of this. You must use the name of Jesus Christ to ward them off. They will obey him, there is power in the name and person of Jesus. You itell them, even if it is just in your mind, you tell them to "Leave in the name of Jesus Christ." That will stop and attack. Get rid of anything from New Age, the  occult, Harry Potter, Witchcraft, and anthing that brings them to you. Repent and cry out to Jesus to forgiven you of your sins. Read the bible. Become born again, and you will be protected by Jesus . They are terrified of him. They must obey him and they do. Abductions can be halted by the same means.
I am so sorry for your torment, but you are being messed with by the biblical fallen angels and Jesus can help you.
so i had a "dream". i forget what happened before, but then i was in my bed and maybe awake im not sure. but then the curtain started moving as if the window were open and wind was blowing hard, but the window was closed and didnt feel wind and was shaking/vibrating. then i think i woke up and everything was normal. a little bit later i was sleeping again and it happened again, but this time i was lifted up while shaking and for the most part it looked like my room. it was really weird. first time happening
hello everyone
I have been having the same dreams since I was 16 now I am 37. I take vicodins now and then for pain but only for past 5 years. I have been having these weird dreams since teens. There  weird they come in different forms lately more often then ever. I feel like Im casting a demons out of me by rebucking it in the name of jesus I feel like a grinding sensation in my neck and my head starts to shake and I feel like I cant move, speak or even open my eyes. like im being raped. When I was younger the dream would be me getting shot, or Im ding in my sleep. Sometimes nothing just that shaking and bone grinding. I been taking pain med, for past five years for female issues so I thought maybe that set off the dreams again. I wish I could find out whats wrong and hear lately been getting allot of dasavue! like things had happened in a past life.

Shawna
Ive had this experience two times. It's happened when I think of a paranormal experience, I literally lay down for two minutes and I'm not sure if I am awake or not. I feel fully awake but out of nowhere my body gets heavy and starts shaking and my eyes feel as if they are moving back and forth extremely fast. I hear a lout ringing in my ears and I can't move, I think to myself "move your arm, if you can do that then your okay". But I just now had another experience and it terrified me to where I really thought I was going to ie from a rapid heart beat or a seizure. I don't know what's wrong or what I should do. If you've ever had this kind of expierience the  please email me at Sarah.***@**** I am at a loss of words right now.
Although your experience was frightnening, you should know that it is nothing to necessarily be worried about. I myself have dealt with similar circumstances starting about 8 years ago. These events are called sleep paralysis, and on occasion elicit auditory and even visual hallucinations.

I have experienced both before, and there is no denying that they are extremely terrifying, in the sense that you feel helpless to any perceived threat at the moment. However, that these hallucinations only occur because you are in an intermediate state right before falling into a dream state or coming out of it, and a "faulty switch" in your brain leaves you in limbo for a few moments. The only reason that you are paralyzed is because this "switch" is activated to keep you from acting out your dreams in your sleep. The more I came to understand this process the less frighteneing these occurrences became.

I have also experienced episodes of racing heart beart, what feels like a seizure, and also what feels like pins and needles in my sides. Of what I know, they are panic attacks that occur during sleep.

Sleep paralysis CAN be an indicator of narcolepsy, if it is paired with other symptoms such as excessive daytime sleepiness. If you are concerned about that you just have to get it checked out.  I myself have never been to a sleep speacialist to have it checked on....happens maybe once or twice every 4 months. I just kinda role with the punches. Just know its not something thats going to hurt you.....it just has a tendency to be an uncomfortable experience. Don't let it worry you too much :)
I  have been going through the same thing for a few years. Body becomes completely still and its extremely hard to open your eyes. The shaking just started happening this month. Turning on the TV or playing music from my phone usually helps me sleep. Usually once it happens the first time it continues over and over until there's some kind of sound on before I fall asleep. I didn't know what was going on until now when I finally decided to research it.
Hi i had the same events I believe sence I was 16 . I am now 29. I just woke up from a dream that was awesome me and my husband where dancing and out of no where I was pinned down per say witth a humming noise and my body was vibrating (like what a car buffer feels like when in use).i was yelling for help freakin out. what was weird is i felt like i was having my volume turned down where i could her me yelling no one else.. scared me very much. Woke up stiff as a board and what happened next is a positive. I have had an injury from a car accident about 2 yrs ago .my brachial plexus was over stretched (nerves were streatched). I had lost some motions in arm and strength issuess in my hand (no grip).i am still seeing pain speacialists and physical theripyst. Well ,i woke up and im in aww whats funny i can bend my hand,fingers and i can squeeze and grip things!! So,so excited i am sitting here telling you what just happened at 3:30 am. Im so happy to be able to grip and pull my blanket and move my pillow with that hand OMG this rocks.my question has any one ever woke up from this experiance while imjured but had what feels like a repair ???? Please let me know Thanks!!!:)
Hi I have had something similar I lie to sleep when I start to shake violently and I get bad dreams but I know I am awake. I am unable to move or cry out for help and my husband says that the bed has not shaken so this is from in side me not from out side of me. I find this very scary coz I want to wake but I cannot. It also feels like it takes ages and yet it's prob only a few mins
this has been happening to me since i was about 18 ,i wake up cant move
i here a buzzing sound i cant move some times i cant breath but one time
i saw 3 beings standing next to my bed they were dark and i could only make out shadows.what is going on can some body help
this happened to me last night i had a dream that my boyfriend had had held a cup up towards me and it seemed that my whole insides were being sucked out, i was shacking in bed and having troubles breathing, luckly my boyfriend woke me up and i was crying.
I also have this disorder, and it is quite scarry. I am at work right now and my body is exausted from lack of sleep. I went to try and shut my eyes for a few minutes durring my lunch break and what do you know? I got sucked right into one of those things. I tried to wake but was only able to open my eyes for a few seconds. I seem to have a seizure when tring to get my body up where my head trembles back and forth. I am able to make sounds for someone to help me wake but it is difficult for others to distinguish you dreaming or calling for help. My son thought that I was trembling because I was cold, my brother thought I was just making noises and was actually awake, my x-wife realized I was having an episode and woke me instead of slapping me after I squeezed her abdomin (abdomen) really hard in a cry for help. I always end up with a headache which I have at the moment since this has just happened. I just want you all to know you are not alone.
I just had this freightening dream. I went to sleep around 1:00 AM and around 6:30 AM I couldt not deside wether I was awake or asleep. Anyhow, I sleep with my bedroom window open. And what happened to me is that I suddenly hear someone violently knocking on my bedroom door. This is followed by a violent shaking and I start to panic. I feel like someone is trying to break into my room and at the same time someone is standing next to me and shaking my bode violently. The worst part of this is that I cannot, how much I try to, scream for help or fight back. I start to panic, like someone is out to get me, and then I hear something like an evil laughter go on and on while my body is shaking like crazy. When I do wake up, not knowing if I already was, the shaking, knocking and laughing stops. As if nothing ever happened. Then I am very scared and I feel tingling all over my body. I go back to sleep, wake up again, go back to sleep.. Then I start to dream, dont remember about what, but during this dream I suddenly hear this loud noise. The noise reminded me about the violent shaking I just experienced and the noise I heard was so freightening that I instantly woke up as if I was afraid that the shaking would start again. From then on, around 7:20 AM, I was too afraid to go back to sleep. All of this happened today.

Previously, about a month ago, I dreamed about someone pressing my shoulders to the floor while I was freezed, couldnt do anything other than just lie there. The two persons that were holding my down, in this dream, were burglars. I tried and tried to scream, kick and punch but I couldnt do anything other than pretend I was asleep so they couldnt hurt me.

Does anyone know what these dreams mean? Is the violent shaking just in my head or is it actually happening?
It's funny how last night i had a dream that there was an earthquake & buildings were shaking & falling down around me, but the earth never actually CRACKED! I googled the dream and then i saw these posts and i still am SHOCKED about this! Guys...i have had these same episodes (albeit few & between), over the years. The latest episode was YESTERDAY!!! My husband said it looked like i was having a seizure. I was asleep, but i was also awake...i couldn't move any part of my body...i heard him calling my name but i couldn't open my eyes. The shaking i believe is MY INNER will power to try & wake up...i keep telling myself (while in this state) that if i shake enough i should wake up or my husband will sense that something is wrong & wake me up. It has worked several times. But from what i am reading...it  may not have anything to do with my will power...it seems shaking is a part of this condition. If stress/trauma is indeed a/one of the cause for this, then it's true in my case. I HATE FLYING...and i flew on Sunday which was extremely traumatic because the pills given to me by my physician was suppose to knock  me out COLD...instead i was awake for the entire plane trip but was calm/like a zombie...i was terrified inside...but it didn't show/i couldn't show it outside at all, because of the pills. I thank you all for your posts & for letting me, amongst others, know that we aren't alone with this weird condition. All the best to those who have it worse than myself.
i also have these nightmares, i wish i would write down them i could have one great scary movie, all have been different and not related in anyway to my life or movies i've watched, they come from no where, they seem to always happen after i eat no bake cookies right before i go to bed, they happen late in sleep or in the early morning hours. i know i am having a nightmare and i can't wake myself up i know and can feel myself trying to wake up and can't VERY SCARY, luckily my husband has always been there when i've had them and he could feel me shaking and moaning he knows i'm having them and has to shake me hard to get me awake, why am i having such bad nightmares and why am i so scared that i can't wake myself up, that's what scares me most, what if i have one and he's not there to help me?
I just woke up from this kind of bad experience and googled this. i really thought it was only me! this has been.happening to me since i was about 4 years old (25 now). i feel it has to do more with spirits and demons. i cN write so many experiences where i couldnt move, eyes open, with a evil presence around me. ive seen alot in my time and im a average joe. this particular time i will tell u guys exactly what happened since its so fresh. i was fully asleep having a vivid dream with colors and crazy dr. sues type stuff going on. like hippie like type. something in my head said just let go. right after that i snapped out of my dream to me paralized with a mans face to the right of me. i could only see half of his face. his head then began to shake fast and rapidly and seemed to be right face to face with me. his eyes appeared to be rolled in the back of his head and he had a evil smirk on his face. again i can only see him at the corner of my right eye. i then tried with all my might to scream for help. as i did that he then started to taught me over my screams for help with a demon like roll of the toung. I seen my girlfriend jump off the couch and shake me until i got out of that state. she said she heard me say help and seen my eyes rolled in the back of my head. very scary. so i dont know what to think or even do any more. it happens to my sister sometimes but my experiences are things like out of a scary movie.what is going on with me??? this is real.  Im 30 mins new to this forum so excuse me if im not following any type of guidlines or i am in the wrong forum for this. Thank you for taking the time out to read this
Hey it too realized this happening to me and i found out if you try( bare with me im horrible at explaining things).. to smack your lips at a diagonal gesture there's a chance that you'll stop shaking violently. A night ago I had it twice and the second time it tried it and it worked.

P.S. You should try and spread this bit of information( if it does work) for better awareness..
Hey! Im kearia & The same thing happened me...i was sleep and IM also not sure if it was a dream or if i.was awake but it seems as if i.was awake. I was shaking very very hard & wind was blowing in my face i tried to move but i couldnt it was like something had my handhand strap down down or something.all i could do waswas screem and ask god for help..im also 16 and i iguess it happened to me cus i sleep nearly everyday all day and never want to get out of bad and i guess it was god way of saying time to get up...but im still searching for an answer.. This just happen so im very paranoid as of now...slick want to cry.....thanks for sharing this with us now iknow im not the only one
This Happend ToO Me a Couple Times Just Started Like 9 Months Ago Only Happened 4 Times ! The Last Time Was Really Scary I'm 16 , & I'm Pretty Sure iWasint Sleeping !! & No One Could Hear It Cause I Was Sleeping In The Living RoOm With My Other Siblings & This Thing Was a Dark Shadow Figure ! Laughing at Me Hold Me Down I Couldn't Move Or Talk =/ It Was Really Scary ! That Lights Were Going On & Off So I Started Praying In My Head & It Worked But iKnow I Was Not Sleeping.
I have the same problem, will wake up and can't move nor even lift my head up, suddenly start screaming, no one seems to hear my call for Help[!

Is there any medication that you can take for this problem?

Cymbalta, Celebrex, Gabapentm  Metoprolol medications that I take now
     After dealing with this problem over and over again I realized the best thing to do is remain calm. The more you try to fight it the worse it gets. When you remain calm the pain is not as bad. Also flexing your nose while reaming calm helps me wake up. I usually try to relax my whole body and go to sleep in my sleep if that makes any sense. After i find the pain is not as bas i flex my nose and WALA. -Anonymous ;)
I have had this problem for many many years most people are not aware they are dreaming and dont need the brain defence mechanism of paralyzing our muscles to protect us in sleep this is what causes the frozen like feeling. I have also had tremors during sleep and when i see things in  my room my whole body shakes not of fear but in a weird muscular response during a lucid dream. I have seen many many things in my room when im half asleep ie people etc but they are not there some people call this lucid dreaming. i am very very aware when im dreaming and i can literally wake myself up. I have also had the me shouting for my partner to wake me up when im in the frozen muscle state but no sound comes out although your brain makes you think you are shouting i have accepted these problems and they now really dont bother me anymore i hope this helps other people.

Oh forgot to say i get it most when i have been using my brain alot in the day ie reading drawings (i am a steel fabricator) or doing puzzles for a period of time also sometimes when i have really got into a thriller movie you know the ones that make your brain think alot in the movie.

I just had his dream last night. It freaked me out. And it was my first one. I was dreaming I was lying in my bed in my room with sheets over me. I start to hear what seems to be helicopter noises and then a shadow of a man appears above me and my bed starts shaking violently. It seemed as if I was awake. I couldn't figure out if the man was shaking my bed or not.
Soawareofthefallenones is correct...only Jesus can help...when I started to seek the Lord, this happened once...the fallen angels try to scare you...I am a holy ghost filled Christian who delights greatly in seeking the Lord, so shortly after I sensed the presence in my "sleep" I started to move my mouth to speak, but couldn't ...my mouth was like mush or something.  I ended up speaking in my spirit "I rebuke you in Jesus' name" and it left right away...never happened again, because I know the power in the name of Jesus...if it happened again, just rebuke again in Jesus' name...if you know who you are in Christ, its not scary any more, because you understand the spiritual realm a little more...God bless you
well ive had this thing where when i have bad dream or just randomly  im trying to wake up but cant, like ill be half asleep but,awake at the same time and its like sleeps pulling me under, i cant barely move and when i try my hardest to move i just twitch rlly hard and sooner or later i give up and sleep takes over me again, im not sure how to explain it, but it kinda hurts when im doing it, its like im fighting something rlly hard, and trying to not go to sleep even tho i am asleep and awake in the back of my mind...idk how this is possible and just last night i heard voices,not sure if i was just dreaming...probobly was but i heard voices from all kinds all around me in my room....one was a little girl making out "daddy help me" was really weird ...and all my life this happens sometimes usually when i have bad dreams or just refuse to do something in my sleep....maybe its because im scared...once it feels like i have no control of my body and cant move...i want to wake up..but cant...its very weird...and scary
hey this has been happening to me for at least 3 to 4 years now. my family is pretty spiritual i can feel good and evil energy most of the time i believe in God but i hate this i really do it wont let me sleep i mean idk if its astral travel or not because i dont go anywhere but i hear chatter while i shake it doesnt really sound human...
Last night I had what was maybe one of the worst nights of sleep I've ever experienced. I am 15, and for recently I had a dream of being on a higher area, and if i fell, the bottom and pretty much everything around was dark. Looking down to the bottom was pitch black. To start off about my experience last night, I woke up around 1:30 from going to bed at around 10. I believe I began dreaming when I fell back asleep after 1:30. This dream was different from any other dream. I don't remember much details, but I do remember I was in my house, and everything was exactly the same as it is in real life. I was on my back porch and coming up the stairs was a person who I thought was my uncle, I don't know how but I just thought it was him,  but as he got closer it was somebody else who seemed out of place. He got closer and noticed my confusion. Immediately everything got blurry, and I thought I had been drugged. I "woke" up and I was in my exact spot in which I was sleeping in and as I opened my eyes, I saw a weird figure of a very deformed girl figure who was on all fours on the couch by me. I don't remember much about or the order of the events that followed but soon after I completely woke up. As I was trying to recall that scene, I recognized it as a dream but I knew I also had that sense of doubt, had it really happened? I also remembered that I had been shaking, almost as if having a seizure, which again, I don't recall if I had actually been physically shaking or not. I was terrified after having spent some minutes thinking of it. The time was 3:23 a.m. I fell back asleep, I woke up due to a dream of being on heights. I moved to a different spot. Paranoid, I began to hear thumps and creaking all around. I finally got to sleep a little more, but woke up about an hour later. I fell asleep for a final time, and when I did wake up, It was because of a dream of being on heights and falling from the platform down to the deep bottom of darkness. In every scene of the dreams of heights I've had, I've been scared of falling, and in most the dreams, I did fall. I usually wake up when I'm falling. If not, I either fly up to the top or just spawn back at the surface. In the dreams I try to remain calm and act like i'm not scared but deep down I'm terrified. I'm not sure how to react about these dreams. Also, in my dreams, I remember seeing a lot of dark shadows. What could this mean? Thanks for reading, if you have ever experienced or know anything of these dreams or their meanings, please help me understand. I don't want to fear having to sleep.
Will, I get exactly what you described. Does anyone know the cause of sleep paralysis..and the violent shaking? I didn't used to get the violent shaking... what's freaking me out is that this is progressively changing me. It used to be sounds, feelings and a feeling over someone over me or touching me but now i'm able to see my own body, while viewing my dreams..

For example I literally just woke up 20 minutes ago from this happening: I fell into sleep and became aware that I was sleeping because my bedroom became very clear in my mind.. I could see my light on and felt awake but when I went to move I couldn't and then I could feel this struggling, vibrating motion in my body and head... I don't know how but suddenly I was looking down at myself laying down in bed and I could hear my mum and her ex fighting at the end of the hall (but they haven't lived together in years.... so I realised that I hadn't actually lifted myself out of bed and I realised I was still dreaming).  Then suddenly all of my socks and mess came flying out of my room... And Mum says to me clean up your mess. And go to bed, now.  It was really freaky and so I said to her "Why are you getting mad at me for no reason? I know why because you're fighting with Lori again". - - In this episode I was clearly aware of present day relationships..like my mum and her ex had got back together, and the new tenant who now lives in our house was in his room... There's this growing awareness during my sleep paralysis and changes like the violent shaking and vivid frightening arguments and it's really scaring me...
Does any one know the cause?