Sleep Study Interpretation?
My 5 year old daughter had a sleep study last night. They used one of those finger things with the red light to measure the levels. She started the night with an mmHg of 42 and a pO2 of 80, but shortly after she fell asleep, those levels began to drop.

Within an hour of falling asleep, her levels her 44 mmHg and 23 pO2. She sometimes went as low as 20 for the pO2, but generall stayed at 44 mmHg and between 21-23 pO2.

Can anyone translate what this means for her? Google does not help.
hi,im sure if there was a cause for concern they would of told you straight away..i think the thing on her finger was to monitor her saturation levels..but i could be totally wrong..i only say this as my daughter has had sleep studies over the years and she now has probes all over her head as well as the one on her finger...i know its easy to say dont worry..but i also know if there was concern they would most definitely tell you there and then..but keep posting.because as a parent you need to know best wishes
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The study shows persisting low oxygen levels in the blood. With a PO2 of below 60 oxygen therapy is indicated. It could be via a nasal catheter or a mask. The normal value is 80-100 mmHg. Oxygen therapy is continued till the underlying pathology is resolved and the oxygen levels are normalized.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.