Sleep Disorders Community
Stench?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stench?

My boyfriend and I have been together the past 4 years. Over the last 2, he has gained a lot of weight and does no physical activity what-so-ever. I am 99% positive he has sleep apnea; when he sleeps he snores heavily and often stops breathing. I hear him all night and it worries me that hes not getting enough oxygen. When I confront him about it he immediately thinks I am attacking him about his weight. My question is though....The past few months he has been letting off some sort of stench. I go to class and come back and my room smells like death. I dont know how to describe the smell...but it is foul. I don't think it is what he eats or anything because it is the same smell every morning. At first I thought it was his breath but it consumes my entire room! Any ideas???
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How's his hygeine?  Does he bathe?  With hot water and soap?  Thoroughly?  Does he change his underwear daily?  And does he wash his clothes every time he wears them?  

Clothing can sometimes get a funky smell that you can't get out, even by washing.  But you can rule that out by picking up his "clean" clothes and sniffing them.
Blank
Yes, sometimes he even jumps right out of the shower and into bed. I know it isn't his clothes because his clothes are on my floor all day but my room only smells when he is sleeping. I read about halitosis; maybe he has bacteria in his throat and somehow when he snores (loudly and a LOT!) the smell projects into my room?? Thanks for your help!
Blank
712042_tn?1254572809
Watch him when he sleeps. Is his mouth open alot? Does he complain about dry mouth, achy throat? A doctor visit would eliminate throat infection or just chronic inflammation leading to bad breath. Joan.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...