Sleep Disorders Community
Wake up seeing things???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
I've had the same experiences for around 3-4 years now. When I was younger I used to sleep walk a lot and then my dreams become so intense that I would snap out of it in shock and still believing I was in the dream I would run as far away from wherever I was until I would work out it was a dream.

Later I started to sleep talk and sometimes sleep walk at the same time. It wasn't until I was around 15 that I had my first episode. I would see mice, spiders and snakes in my bed and run out of my room which I would then realise I was dreaming and return to sleep. These episodes became worse and I would wake up and hear things and tell my roommate that people were coming and the whole time I felt as though I was fully awake. Last night I awoke to the sound of a typewriter and although this time I realised I was still half dreaming it would not disappear and the sound was pounding into my head. I must've woken up at least 6 times last night.

The worst of these episodes wasn't too long ago either when I woke up and saw a person strapping me to my bed. I probably had sleep paralysis at this stage for a was unable to move at all for a while. When I could move I jumped and of bed and ran to the elevator in my apartment block only to realise that it had been another episode.

I'm not sure what has been causing these sleep problems but I didn't think much of it until recently when I read that it can be caused by a number of disorders that may have inherit effects upon your health.

I also have had occasions where I act out my dream, usually where I am in a room full of cabinets and I try to find my way out only to find that every door leads no where and I am trapped. I later wake to find that I have been walking around the room usually into wardrobes .

I am going to see the doctor about this as I am very healthy and do a lot of excerise. Nor do I drink, smoke and take drugs and am not at all stressed. I have not been feeling like myself lately and have a feeling that my sleep my have something to do with it
HELP!!!! i keep waking up from my sleep seeing spiders. every time so far it has been spiders. they look so real to me, that i have actually started to hyperventilate and scream and run out of my room. last night i woke up and was sure i saw one scurry across the pillow next to me and started to freak out. i saw it run under my boyfriends neck and actually started to try and hit it...waking him from his sleep, and yet there was nothing there.  i don't know why this is happening and why its spiders every time, and i know its obviously me making this up... possibly still in a dreaming state or something?, because sometimes its like 12 spiders hanging in front of my face when i wake up (this one is the worst one for sure, because i am scared out of my mind after to sleep).  the first time this happened i started screaming and kicking and flailing and ran out of the bedroom. i couldn't catch my breath after and couldn't fall back asleep. i was sweating heavily and felt panicky. does anyone know why this is or could be happening?!
I can't believe i finally found some other people who expierience this. brit0628 I had the very same thing happen to me. I woke up and saw a huge spider in front of my face dangling and almost broke my arm trying to get out of bed. Yesterday i woke up and looked to the side and the spider ran back under my bed and i checked and there was no spider. What the hell is going on!!! am i going crazy
Literally this exact same things happens to me. It's been happening since I was 17 and i'm 24 now. Occasionally I wake up and see the room on fire. If someone is sleeping with me I've even gone as far as pushing them out of bed or trying to get the spider off them. It's so embarrassing! Has anyone heard what causes this? Is this a mental condition?
I JUST WOKE UP FROM MY NAP A WHILE AGO AND IDK IF I WAS HALF ASLEEP OR AWAKE, BUT I FELT MY EYES WIDE OPEN!
MY CLOSET DOOR WAS JUST ABOUT 3INCHES OPEN AND I SEEN A BIG BLACK SPIDER COME OUT OF IT AND WALKING REAL FAST, I RAN OUT OF MY BED AND WENT TO MY DAUGHTERS ROOM! IDK WHAT THIS MEANS BUT I'M SCARED .
hi all

im glad i read this thread because i believe i have been developing some serious sleeping problems due to hallucinations & unbelievably realistic dreams.

the most common hallucinations i have are waking up & believing i am seein spiders & goin crazy. i be fully awake and it is always so vivid. it is scary because i have eventually learned that they are not there yet i see them with my own eyes. also i have woken up with the presence of someone in my room & sometimes have gotten & started talking nonsense to people & got very aggressive to whoever maybe there. this worrys me as i am trained in martial arts methods & i am afraid i could hurt someone. my partner being the person who usually witnesses me actin this way.

the most recent incident & one that scared me the most was when i woke up in terror & could see the roof of my room caving in fast & almost jumped out of my 2nd floor bedroom window. this was extremely scary as it seems so realistic & it was a natural reaction to move quickly to the window. luckily i stopped in time to realise it was not happening. although i did sit in shock for half an hour after.

anyone know the official line for a disorder such as this??
I am 28 now, and have been experiencing these things since I was 22.  It started off where I "came to" on all fours looking at the foot of my bed, because I had just "seen" a snake crawling under it. I "awoke" still in my dream- if that makes sense..
Then the spiders began- dangling, crawling on the pillow...you name it...
THEN one day there was a man standing in my doorway, a demonic looking man- intent on hurting me, yet not making a move..
I "came to" during all these episodes still in my dream..
As if I were half asleep/half awake
It a relief to know I am not the only crazy one waking up seeing imaginary spiders. I just woke up and swear up and down i saw a big black spider staring back at me, and decided to check the search engine to see if anyone else have this problem. I jumped out of the bed turned on the light and looked everywhere only to remember this happen often. It now to the point where I trained myself to remember it imaginary whenever I wake up seeing a spider before I panic. Most of the time it a white spider today happen to be a black one.  It been happening since I was about 18. It getting to the point where it freaking me out.
Im so glad that I have found other people that are going through the same thing as me. I thought I was going a bit crazy. Ive been having these vivid sights since I was 20 and I'm now 24. I keep seeing huge tarantulas coming down on the curtains, spiders jumping from the walls on my bed, spiders crawling on my pillow. Always spiders! I really dont like them and have put this issue down to that but after seeing this forum, I am now thinking of actually going to see a doctor as Its disturbing my sleep. Had one last night where I was trying to go to sleep and saw a huge spider with legs spread out coming down on me from the ceiling. I freaked out and had to look twice and it was still there - it was only till i actually got out of bed that I realised that It wasnt real but I have difficulty going back to sleep then. Theyre horrible!!
I am like wow..... I was just telling my husband that I have been waking up during my sleep and be seeing spiders or spider webs glistening. Never as if the spiders were about to get me or anything, even though I am terrified of them. I do not understand why, but it is freaking me out. I am glad I am not the only one. I do want to know why is it happening?
Hi, I wake up thinking I see someone or a thing, spiders, someone out side my window. I thought it was because I take over the counter sleepaid but it's not. I'm 42. Please tell me if anyone has the same.
I can't believe there are so many other people having the same crazy spider experiences!  I thought I was going nuts.  Twice in the past week I've woken up with a huge black spider above my head.  I literally jumped out of bed and when I looked up at the ceiling - nothing.

Ok - so there are a LOT of us.  Why? -km
This happens to me very frequently, but usually only when I sleep on the couch to take a nap in the afternoon.

I oftentimes will find myself fully conscious, but unable to move or speak.  Many times I can feel the prescence of someone else in the room, or hear them talking or moving around when no one is there or I will be able to see groups of people hovering around me.  I actually just woke up from such an episode where I was 100% positive that I had lost 3 teeth during my sleep, the sensation of the teeth being in my hand and the spots in my mouth where they used to be were beyond real, but to my amazement when I woke up, all of my teeth were there.

Also, about 3 years ago I had a similar episode and was again 100% positive that my bed had been overrun with spiders, I got out of bed and ran down the hallway and out into the kitchen, then checked my entire bedroom just to make sure that it hadn't been real.

Is this sleep paralysis? or is it something else? It's been happening to me for as long as I can remember, the first time was probably when I was 6 or 7.

Any thouhgts?
Okay...so i am glad i found this thread. I am also really glad that i am not the only person going through this....weirdness. I am ALSO glad nobody knows who i am...i have never told anybody about my experiences but i will tell all of you...hopefully somebody will have answers for me or maybe you all go through this as well (what i am about to tell you guys IS going to sound crazy...and i sadly think i am slipping into insanity and im very serious and scared). I am 22 years old and i will be 23 on monday. Ever since i can remember i have 'heard' voices in my head....and these arent voices of my mind...ive discovered that they are voices of people around me. And let me clarify, when i say 'hear' i dont mean like how we hear someone naturally speak...i mean i just 'hear' words in my head. sometimes they are loud..sometimes they are muffled...sometimes they are whispered...and really quick...sometimes it 'sounds' like a vibration its so quick but i can 'hear' words within the vibrations (if that makes sense). Its really intense when i have a bond with somebody...i can smell things that they smell...(this one time my mentor was cooking and burning eggs (hes a sorry cook lmao) and i was all the way across town...and i 'heard' his voice whisper my name in my head and i smelled burnt eggs..and i JUST KNEW he was cooking and burning eggs so i called him and told him he sucked at cooking and it freaked him out that i knew exactly what he was doing seeing as how he lives like 20 miles away from me...and we hadnt spoken at this point or anything) (this wouldnt be the first time ive freaked people out)....

Okay so that was the 'hearing' and that was the 'smelling' and knowing...now to the dreams...ever since i can remember i have had really vibrant and vivid dreams...so vivid that i would talk in my sleep...but id know i was talking...i could feel myself talking but i wouldnt wake...and these dreams would then become a sort of reality because whatever conversation i was having in my dreams...i would eventually hear myself just talking to a friend or family member and the words from the conversation are coming out of my mouth in reality...if that makes sense...its like i had a dream about a convo and then later that day or days later i would have the same conversation in real life. Ive also had dreams so vivid that i swear i woke up and realised i was dreaming and going about my day...and then i would ACTUALLY wake up and its night time still...and only a few hours have passed since i actually fell asleep...but it feels like ive gone through and entire day. Also in these dreams ill have deja vus...and these deja vus are weird because i could either dream in my sleep or daydream about something random...and then ill forget about it...and then later (it could be minutes or days or weeks months, etc...) ill actually live what i daydreamed or dreamed about...ill smell something and then i will immediately remember my dream that 'triggered' the smell that triggered me seeing ****...and i can look around and finish sentences for people or see a car that i saw in the dream ride by or i can just look up and see everything happen before it happens for like a minute!!! and i know a minute doesnt seem like a long time but when i you can just know whats about to happen next....its just weird...but these things have been happening since i was a child...(mind you i have these deja vu dreams daily or weekly..and i def have deja vus triggered by smells EVERY day...and i 'hear' people randomly...but it happens all the time).

So so far ive told you i hear peoples voices and i smell a smell and i can see events for up to a minute...and i have deja vus A LOT...and that these things have been happening as long as ive had a functioning memory....and now for the spiders and shapes and 'figuress'....okay...recently for like the past 2 or 3 years i have been having my dreams...and then ill wake up and feel fully conscious but i cannot move (like many of you) but ill see this big *** spider next to me...the first time i saw a spider it was writhing...as if it was being ****** with...its legs were moving really fast and it was black...and big...and i reached to touch it...(even tho my hand didnt really move) and it scurried away...i ignored it and went to sleep...but couldnt stop thinking about it...and never forgot it...and then sometimes i would wake and once again i cannot move and ill look up and ill see like these shapes...or clusters and they move really fast...sometimes spinning...sometimes bobbing...sometimes they kinda have a lil shine to them...and the zip and zag and basicallly freaks me the hell out for like 4 seconds. And then there have been times recently (like 4 times in the past 9 months) that i have awoken and i couldnt move...and there was this intense feeling of pressure...and warmth...and dizzyness...(like the room spinning or like i smoked some REALLY great weed lmao) and i would look over (not really sure if  my eyes were even open because i swear i can kinda feel them squeezed shut but i can see the room....idk) and see a shape of a person...its fuzzy and kinda shimmery and kinda goldish...kinda...its weird to describe but everytime it just stands there...and sometimes it looks like it is kinda writhing (like the spider) and twitching...im never afraid of it...but i it just stands there...and i dont really knwo how long i actually stare at it...but i know i will NEVER forget it...and like i said it has only happened a few times...but it its unnerving each time...i would usually go to sleep after im done staring at it...actually i feel like i just kinda wake up...and i remember that figure so vividly that its all i think about for like the first hour of me being awake...its weird you guys and i promise you im not making ANY of this up...no i am not one of those peopel with overactive imaginations i am a normal...23 year old black guy who has been experiencing these oddities for a long time...and its starting to kinda overwhelm me...i feel like im going a little crazy..but it doesnt feel bad tho...i dont knwo what to do...and im afraid to tell a doctor because i dont want to be sent to the nut house...so this is the first time ive ever told anybody about this....maybe since we all seem to see these spiders i figure we may share these lil oddities as well....please help me if someone can....

T.A.

I don't see spiders, I see like a kaleidoscope of colors...and black masses...and little people...and objects floating in the air over me and then they go through the wall.  After I moved to a different home, I thought it would stop.  It didn't.  These things continue to happen.  Recently, the last 3 months, I have bald spots on my head.  It started with one, then two, now I have four.  I am not dreaming when I see these things in the night, I will blink my eyes...even though I really don't want to...because I am transfixed on wanting to "watch" what I am seeing.  I do not get excited and my heart does not beat fast or any of the other things related to panic.  I feel comfortable and I am not afraid. The other night I was woke up to see a little figure, a skinny little figurine type person sitting on the edge of my tall dresser, it was looking toward the center of my bedroom, I looked to where it was looking, a hovering near the middle of my bed but not high enough to get hit by the  ceiling fan but above my reach, so I would not be able to grab it.  This white square thing was about 15" square, its bottom has 4 rounded cupped, almost egg carton bottom shapes.  This thing moved around a little bit and then just like everything else, it slowly hovered out my West wall and was gone. The little guy watched it too and then he just vaporized.  As I lay in my bed, I try to rationalize what in the world these things are?  I am a very healthy woman and take vitamins, no drugs...and people value my opinion on many problems that they have...but I could never tell anyone what I see...they would truly think "something was wrong with me, or that I was going nuts."  This has been going on for quite some time, so it is no something that has all of sudden started to happen.  But it is very real and I am not sleeping.
I don't actually SEE things, I just wake up and am very, very confused. I'm not able to think straight and start crying because I'm just so stressed. I do many things and imagine myself in situations(that have nothing to do with my dream) and after I am able to think straight again (which takes me always a long time) I forget about everything I was doing. I am just left with some pictures but no Idea what I was imagining.
Help! Is that sleeping disorders too??
I dont see things, i see actual PEOPLE!!! Its horrific! The first time I saw a demonic man in my door way with his hands crossed i was terrified i cried under my covers till he went away, and the next just happened last night. I woke up and looked on my floor and saw a man tied up with his hands and feet tied and gagged, clearly he was dead.  It freaks me out!!! Secondly I always have horrible dreams that Im gonna die or im dying in the dream.  Usually someone is comming after me and I die. Can someone help?
Ive been seeing a spider whenever i wake up and dark spots on the wall, lasts a few seconds.. it just started a few weeks ago.. the first time i saw it i had to turn on the light to see if it was real. disappeared right away. lately instead of seeing a spider, i see a dark spot in my vision in the shape of a spider which goes away in a few seconds..still looking for an answer to this mystery. im also on buspar and celexa. could this be the cause?
...And here is another one to add to the mix! I am 28 and have been having similar issues for at least 8 years now, if not longer. I can remember waking up and seeing spiders, snakes, people, and fires (etc) on a regular basis. I have no idea why, and I can't make it stop. The best way I have found to describe it is that I must open my eyes while I am sleeping and I start dreaming with my eyes open. It then takes me a while to calm myself down enough to fall back to sleep. I have never gone as far as to get up and out of bed in reaction to what I was seeing, but my boyfriend has gotten slapped or pushed before!

I don't know how to stop it, and I feel like I am a crazy person. It is so comforting to know that there are so many other people out there that have similar experiences, but now, why is this happening??? Has anyone discovered the "why?" Mine is in no way linked to stress, alcohol, drugs, or anything. I don't even take Advil or anything when I have a headache.
Okay, yes, I get these too, and ever since I was little.  Not necessarily spiders but things that can hurt me, I freak out, snap out of it in about ten seconds, it's done, I go back to sleep, WHATEVER.  While I am suprised and interested that so many other people get them too, what I am more interested in is - DO ANY OF YOU OVERSLEEP TOO??  I could care less about the hallucinations - they are weird sure, but that's the only other thing that is strange about my sleeping other than excessive oversleeping.  So was curious, are the hallucinations AND oversleeping common together...?

Does anyone with any medical expertise actually answer these forums or is this just a big blogging environment for people to vent about their health problems? - that's all I seem to be finding on here haha!
i have had the same thing happen to me. ive seen spiders, snakes, turtles, a bat, butterflies, ladybugs and spider webs. every time i wake and panic. i turn on the light and then realize its happened again.
one time i even saw a family member and actually carried on a convo w them- arguing actually. my sibling even heard this all happening.
can anyone explain why this happens??
The same thing has happened to me, several times.  I've seen spiders, glowing movings clusters of light I even saw the Sphinx covered in moss.  Google hypnagogic hallucinations.  The definition can explain it better than I can.
Oh thank god Im not the. Gosh I always wake up and see spiders but these spiders would be like wierd and deformed and huge. It always makes me wake up and jump out of my bed and it takes a while before i figure out that its not real !
& also somtimes I Will wake up and feel traped, but i know for a fact that im awake.! And I just need answers !
It's really amazing to hear from other people who go through a similar thing. Since childhood I've slept talked but over the last 10 years (I'm now 25) I've started to see spiders and people in my room in a 'half-asleep' state. It began with me awaking and seeing spiders running across my bed, and then gradually I began to see them spinning webs on the ceiling above me, or dangling down above my head. I would frequently rush out of bed before fully waking up and realising it was a dream-like state.

Over the last 5ish years I've started to see people in my room in the night... and now it is every single night that this happens. At one point I awoke and saw a woman standing at the bottom of my bed (when I lived at home) and in the morning I was able to describe the woman to my family, my step-dad asked me at what time this was and I said 'about 1am'. It was 5 years to the day that his previous wife had died at 1 in the morning and she would sleep in that room whilst she was dying.

I now live alone and every night I will awake and see people reaching towards me, standing over me, moving across my room etc. The other night I saw one body that was morphing into many different people and I said 'who are you?' and suddenly it came into my head that they were all the people that lived here before me.

It's extremely strange, and disruptive to my sleep pattern. I would love someone to explain a little more about this 'condition'...

Best wishes

NeenK.
Hi everyone,
I have been awaking to spiders for years now and although at first i was scared, and who wouldn't be, waking to see a spider dangling in front of your face or crawling up the wall, i feel it has to do with astral travelling- well maybe, just a guess.

it is when i am just waking up and opening my eyes. i see the spider running up the web. The more in focus my eyes become and more awake i become the spider and web gradually disappears. i feel the web is like the link for my body whilst travelling.

i dream lucid vivid dreams and have done for years. Along with premonitions, seeing ghosts and getting very confused with some of my dreams and reality.

So weirdkid- i don't think that ur weird at all just ur senses are highly tuned to certain things.
Hey NeenK,
This reminds me of a time i was on holidays staying in a cabin and i went to bed and pretty much immediately an elderly woman was at the foot of the bed. i said to her,"can i help you?" and she came up beside me, grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. i apologised to her, said i'm sorry as i couldn't help her( because i don't have a clue what i'm to do) and then she vanished.

Maybe these people are trapped here in a sense and can't go to ??? wherever they are s'pose to go to. My brother thinks that seeing ghosts and communicating with them is a bad thing as it is extreme negative energy that ur body won't be able to handle in time.
This is so amazing to me to come arcoss a board of people with my SAME PROBLEM!! I thought I was crazy! Let me give you a little background on me, and even a few meds I take and lets see if there is some correlation in our lives..something that ties us all together...

When I was a little girl, I slept walked A LOT! I even once stripped my bedding and folded it and put everything in my closet. I woke up on a cold matress wondering where my blankets were. Once, age 9, I woke up running down the hall screaming with my terrified parents running toward me...apparently I had been screaming bloody murder and took off down the hall, waking them and the whole house up. My teen years weren't too bad and in my early twenties a boyfriend here or there would mention me talking in my sleep a lot but the scary things started when I was about 25....
   I was napping on my moms couch upstairs, she had left to get groceries and the TV was on. I heard the alarm beep when she came back home and I opened my eyes..I could look around and see that Montel was on the TV and I heard my mom shuffling though bags downstairs but I COULD NOT MOVE! I WAS PARALYZED!! To make matters wore a PURPLE BATH ROBE was hovering in mid air next to the TV!!!!!! I was freaking out!!!! My body was paralyzed but I could see and hear clearly. Suddenly I jerked back to "life" and the purple robe was just gone!! I ran down stairs scared to death!!!
   That was my first expereince with sleep paralysis. A form of catatonic narcolepsy.
    Since then I have had HUNDREDS of episodes of waking up on the couch (ALWAYS during the day time) and being completely paralyzed for a few minutes...the scary part is, I understand that this happens to me, and I know I will snap out of it, but Im going crazy in my head thinking that I am about to die!!
NEW SYMPTOM!!! This is my most recent symptom... Maybe 4-5 yrs ago I started to see geometric shapes floating in my room upon waking up...usually black octagon shaped things floating or even sometimes white smoke...it has never scared my and if I blink my eyes it's gone but it's always there! Sometimes it looks like vines growing from the ceiling and this was happened eeeeeeevery so often.....maybe twice a month.
NOT anymore....now it's nightly, as of 2 weeks ago...and it's not the same shapes anymore. Now I see red tiny vines hanging from my ceiling fan...15-20 of them! I try to reach out and grab them (even though I am fully awake and know that they will disaprear) FREAKING  ME  OUT ! ! ! ! !   im SICK of this!! I want to be normal!!!

I have arthritis in my neck so I take Celebrex 200 mgs about 2-3 times a week. I also use a 10 mg Flexeril 2-3 times a week also..its a muscle relaxant because along with the arthritis, I have a kyphotic curve in my neck that causes intense spams. I also sometimes take a prilosec of heartburn. I thought maybe these meds may contribute to the hallucinations. I'm 30 years old, I have one son, a husband and 3 cats....Just throwing the info out to see how closely we can all relate to each other and find a connection that may help led to an answer.

I too have had these dreams since I was a teenager and sometimes I would hear someone running toward me or hear chains dragging and I was awake but could not move. I could not scream for help! But in my mind I would call on Jesus and I would wake up immediatly. It has not happened to me in a while ( a few months) but if it does happen I call on Jesus and I wake up immediately. All through out the Bible God spoke to prophets and people in their dreams and I honestly believe through my personal experiance that this is more than just a dream but a way for Satan to attack us and put fear in us. The Bible says fear is not from him and if it is not from him, so if it is not from God who is it from? Call on Jesus and he will help you. I am 28 and no I am not crazy! I am completely sain... :) If you dont believe me just call on Jesus during your next episode of " Sleep Paralysis.
From all the above instances, yours is the one that comes very close to what i have experienced. I used to see geometrical floating shapes almost 7-8 years ago, then it changed, i frequently started seeing figures walking/floating in my room  sometimes i would suddenly wake up and see faces/ strange shapes on the wall. There were some episodes involving "glowing moving clusters of light".
Once i saw a scary figure sitting on a chair besides my bed, i looked at it for sometime and then it disappeared. Then the following night i woke up and outside my window i saw an ancient bridge and a procession taking place which consisted of people wearing hooded robes. Had a very dark vibe to it.
Then came a time when i had episodes where i woke up feeling there is water all around and some kind of wines and wild growth in my room. Sometimes the visual would also have snakes and other water creatures.
Of late i am seeing a certain figure entering my room through the door. The crazy thing is it happens everytime between 3 to 4 am.
I dont know what these are or what they mean, but i sure would like to find the answers.
I have recently been seeing the "glowing moving clusters of light".  I have not been seeing any people, animals or insects, but I hear noises and see the clusters of light coming toward me.  I actually jump up and swing at it and it disappears.  I have seen another cluster of light making a buzzing noise hitting the side of my bed.  I jumped up and watched it disappear also.  I also seen objects in my room move on their own.  
I am glad in a way that I am not the only one this is happening to, but I would like to know what it is.
I decided to look up seeing things because I have been waking everyday to large spiders in my bed. Sometimes they are huge sometimes normal sizes. Sometimes one, sometimes 3. This started because I felt something on my head while I was sleeping and I knocked it off and opened my eyes and saw a big spider near my pillow. I freaked and had my husband spray the room with bug spray that smelled so strong you couldn't sleep in it for a few days. Still woke to a large spider just sitting by my pillow. I felt like it was just watching me trying to figure out how to eat me. Crazy! I looked up on the Internet how to get rid of them. I tried everything I could afford. We put the box spring inside a zippered cover that is suppose to keep things out or in. Still saw spiders when I wake. I have hit them with a shoe, I have beat them to death but when I look there is nothing on the shoe or on the bed. I have seen them on the walls and hit them with a shoe and there is nothing there. When I see them when I wake on the bed they turn around and walk off the bed only I can't see them anywhere? This has made me crazy and I'm making my Husband crazy trying to get rid of something that doesn't seem to exist. I am really glad to know I'm not the only person that is seeing things.
I feel like I'm obsessed with the fear of these things getting on me.I feel sane other then seeing freakin spiders. I have cleaned every corner of the bedroom and removed things where I thought spiders might hide. I have gotten rid of cracks and everything I can think of.
I'm sleeping with the vacuum cleaner hose next to me so I might be able to vacuum them up. I have a shoe next to my pillow. I tried sleeping with a jar and trying to catch one to prove to myself and my family that they are there. I have caught them a couple of times but when I look there's  nothing there???? Crazy!
My room is secure now. I made my husband cover the air conditioner vents, tape the closet cupboards shut. I tell you I have feel so scared and crazy.
Has it ever stop for anyone??? I am going to try and not think on it so much but when you wake up with some crazy spider next to you every morning It *****. I'm sleeping down in the middle of the bed so my pillow is now 2 or 3 feet from the top of the bed and my feet hang off. I sleep with 2 lights on and the TV on. I have always wanted the room dark and quiet and now I'm afraid to have it dark. I feel like I'm at war with these things. Every night I take something else to bed with me to try and "GET UM"! Crazy!
I hope you all get over this thing and I hope I do too.
Not alone anymore.
                                 Sandra
I have woken up on a number of times and felt people looking at me from the walls. Iv seen people that i work with carrying tables throught my room. Iv had two little boys looking at me as i sleep. Sometimes i wake up and im standing over my TV and stroking a big tropical plant, i can feel the leaves going through my hands. Iv woken up and been standing in the centre of my bed weeping because i can see dogs circling it.

Once Iv been sleep walking and looking for the light switch in my bedroom, taken down pictures and a mirror that is impossible to move on your own, finally when iv found the light switch and turned it on iv gone out of the room thinking that it must have been a strange dream and when iv come back and seen all of the pictures and mirror on the bed realized that it was real. I had to ask my dad to help me move the mirror back because its so heavy.

Sometimes during the day i see people who i know arnt there, plus working in hospitals with people who have mental illnesses dosnt help ease my over active mind.

My dads side of the family have always had problems with sleeping, once my grandmar woke up and my grandad was under the bed 'fixing a car' and asking for a spanner. My dad has seen fish coming out of the walls and has even had a man spraying water at him from a big gun.

However, all of my experiances have happend during a stressful time in my life e.g. exams, realtionship problems and others.

Im glad to hear that this kind of thing happens to other people too, thank you for the piece of mind that i needed to know that im not crazy!

Megan, Manchester UK
I don't see spiders, however I can see small entities only as I'm waking up from sleep. I know it sounds crazy but I can see the outline of these entities. They are about three feet tall and seems  to need to feed off our energy. The reason I say this is because when I see them they are kind of like feed off of my wife as she is a sleep...
I've only just started experiencing that I might have some sort of spirit following me, it mostly occurs at night but I have seen it at day, last night I was asleep with my leg out of the covers but I felt something touch my leg, so I put my leg back in the quilt and sat up a bit to sleep, later through the night I felt something grasp my neck as if it was strangling me, I actually couldn't breath and when I woke up I saw this white figure like old man stare at me then go, I worryingly carried on sleeping but it kept looking at me across the room, sometimes right next to me, I tried throwing a bottle at it and it just got angry and went, nothing else happened that night but earlier today something weird happened, I was around town with my girlfriend(Who has Schizophrenia and sometimes here these voices in her head as part of the symptoms of it) and as she was going through one of these moments she walked away from me and just at that moment I saw the same figure I saw the night before but right behind her, she was looking at it like she knew it, like these voices told her to, I don't know if anythings connected but I saw it again tonight as I went to the bathroom and saw a quick glance of it in the mirror, I don't know if anyone can help or recommend anything but if you can that would be great, I'm 14 years old by the way so I thought it was a bit weird for this to be happening.
Holy cow, I have the exact same problem. And it just happened earlier today! But I've gotten so used to it that I watch the 'spider' until it fizzles out to nothing. It works better than screaming, lol. I really don't like spiders too well. But I don't have narcolepsy and actually feel quite the healthy idividual. Although I do tend to talk in my sleep, have ridiculously vivid dreams, and sometimes tend to wak up feeling like I just got back from an adventure. If you find an answer, let me know? Because I didn't think I would find anyone else with the same problem! But it kinda makes me feel better all the same; )
Hello. Wow. I'm so thankful to see so many stories like my own. I did not know what was happening to me at night. My dreams are so vivid and real. I can feel everything in my dreams and wake up suddenly remembering every little detail like it really happened. :( Last night I woke up suddenly from a dream and saw a bright yellow spider crawling on my daughters bed. It was like it was coming toward me and then would walk away and come back. I shook my head, closed and opened my eyes really tight and even pinched myself and yes I was wide awake. I finally after 5 mins of not being able to move I darted to the bedroom light and flicked in on really fast and it disappared. This has happened to me more than once. The past couple of times the objects were floating towards me in the air and looked like some kind of Jelly Fish. They are so real and whats even more strange I'm wide awake. I'm not sure why this happens to me or how to stop it. The Light makes the bad things go away. I feel better now reading other stories. We are not alone just wish I could make it stop and have some restful sleep. Thank you
I believe they call it "Night Terrors".  I had it happen to me a couple of times.  It's very scary.  One morning my eyes suddenly opened and I could see around me but I was not concious.  I tried to raise my head and scream out because I began having hallucinations that some evil spirits were in my bedroom.  They began dragging me around the room by my ankles and laughing at me.  I fought to get out of bed and to defend myself.  I also remember seeing my cat's head cocked to the side, looking at me trying to scream out.  When I finally woke-up I found myself safely in bed with no evidence of having been dragged around the room.  The cat went back to sleep with no incident.  

I think I got my sleeping patterns messed up.  At the time, I had been doing shift work and felt sleep deprived almost everyday.  I was also not getting proper nutrition and exercise.  I would like to warn people not to get involved with harmful occult and paranormal experiences.  The mind can play tricks on us, it's as simple as that.
For the last few years I have been caught several times by my husband sitting up in bed pointing to the light switch which hangs above the bed on a string, I am puzzled, asking 'what's that?' It's the same everytime. I sometimes realise what I'm doing and mutter, it's ok, I know', then go back to sleep. I also scrutinise a couple of things that hang on the wall. I also see bugs scuttling up the wall, and one night I did it with a spider, put the light on and there was actually one there! Wow, these events are bizarre, I wonder why it happens?
You're not crazy, you're clairvoyant. It's nothing to be scared of. I have the same thing. You're pretty much psychic. :)
I also thought I going crazy.  I wake and see patterns on whatever I am looking at the moment I open my eyes.  I've seen a globe hanging at the side of my bed that looks the same make up as a snowflake.  I've woken to see a number writen on a cupboard door that's surrounded by a circle.  I've also seen what looks like mid eastern writing on my wall with the plaster coming off around it.  The worst though are the spiders, especially as I have a phobia of them.  Looking back over the last 20 years, I probably have been seeing stuff then but didn't realise as it was dark in my room.  The last house I was in I would wake to see something 10 inches away from the light shade.  It would be too dark to see what it was but it only happened if I opened my eyes looking just there, nowhere else in the room.  The flat I had before that I would see something near ground level in the doorway and again only when I looked there and nowhere else, again too dark to see what it was.  I interested to know if everyone is seeing their phobia's, mine the spiders.  Are the people who see snakes got a phobia of snakes.  Thankfully mine don't last long, if I blink they go or if I watch them long enough they fade away.  WHAT IS GOING ON?  Is it spiritual or is it we are not waking fully although we can move and aware of everything?

Please someone let us know how to get rid of this.
WOW!  I'm sooo amazed at all these responses.  I created this post 3 1/2 yrs ago and forgot about it.  I occasionally received emails but deleted them because I thought they were spam.  I actually read the one from last night and logged back on here.  I originally posted this thread because I could NOT find any other post with similar experiences but now, whoa, I cannot believe all of the comments.  I've read thru every one of them, too.  I have tons of new tabs open to read about possible causes, including: DMT, Hypnagogia, Parasomnia, Astral Projection, Mercury Poisoning, and Hyperthyroidism.  Hopefully something will make sense.

Since my post, I've cut out almost all of my caffeine intake.  Very rarely do I drink soda or even eat chocolate.  I've started exercising.  And I still eat at normal times and go to sleep at a reasonable hour and wake up by 6am.  But, I still "see things".

Unlike 1/2 of you, I don't get terrified (except once).  My first experience was "seeing" a dark figure standing over me, not doing anything, just looking at me.  My first reaction was that it was a demon or something because it was dark.  I swung at it and told it to leave me alone.  It disappeared and I never seen it to this day (approx. 15 yrs later).  I still see spiders and can add lizards to my list (I live in FL so I see them daily).  My last BIG experience is the one where I woke up scared.  We went fishing that day and I seen a python in the river so I'm assuming that is why I woke up seeing a bigger one slithering up our bed (on my husband's side).  I threw the covers over him to "protect" him and yelled at him to get out of bed because there was a snake.  He assured me that I was having one of my moments (lol...we laugh about them now) and I frantically assured him that I wasn't.  I got out of bed, turned on the light and started cursing at him to get out of bed because the snake was under the cover I tossed over him.  He still didn't listen to me as he was trying to figure out what I was talking about.  I went to the foot of the bed and peeked for the snake.  At that moment, I realized I was having one of my moments.  It was soooo real though.  He can laugh all he wants but during that same "moment", when I first yelled at him to get up, he sat up and said "mama".  I told him that his mama wasn't there to help him so get the f*** out of bed.  So, I can laugh back on this one!

I'm still stumped on why this happens but I'm very glad that each of you shared your experiences, too.  Makes me feel a lil less crazy unless we're all just a group of crazies...haha.  Someone mentioned having astigmatism...I do have slight astigmatism which would explain the spiders but not that big snake.  I do sleep on my back which lessens the oxygen flow (going to look into that, also).  

Does anyone jump while falling asleep?  I do this almost every night.  Again, my poor husband has to deal with it, too, cause sometimes I scare him (lol).  It's always when I'm still 1/2 awake and aware of sounds around me.  I just get totally relaxed and I even feel it coming on...then bam.  Just curious to what causes this, too.

Thanks again for all of your comments!
I have been seeing visions all my life. The 9ft figure was a demon. In fact all of these visions are the spirit realm, both demonic and angelic. In the bible it says "in the end times the Lord will pour out His spirit on all flesh and old men will dream dreams and young men will have visions."Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17 . It also says in the bible that in the end times the world will be over run with demons or unclean spirits. Which explains why they are everywhere. If you want to understand your dreams and visions go to www.discoveringthejewishjesus.com and get Rabbi Schneider's teaching on dreams and visions. if you want to learn more about what you may have seen. Go to youtube and watch 23 minuites in hell. If you want to equip yourself with more knowledge of the edn times listen to Perry Stone and Rabbi. You are all being shown a windown into heaven and hell. Both real places. The veils of the world are thin. It is also said in the end times that the ***** of babylon will be drinking the blood of the saints. The river of life. Did you know that the streets in heaven are gold and gold in it's purest form is invisible...the electromagnetic field. There is talk the government has been manipulating the electro magnetic field and if that is true they are drinking the blood of the saints and actually shaking the heavenly realms. If you want to know more email me. There is so much more in the bible. These are the end times. The Lord is warning you all and telling you to make a decision. He is calling out to all of you, as He said He would in the end times. I had a vision from an angel three years ago and He told me to deliver this and remember this black moonshine. I did know what it meant until I started reading the bible the blackening of the moon is the last sign before Jesus comes back. That there will be false visions of Jesus in the sky and all over but it will not be Jesus until all the signs have been given and not to follow them because it will be the anti christ. It also says that demons will be able to perform miracles signs and wonders that even the elect will be decieved. Just because someone looks like your family or the virgin mary does not mean it is. Demons lie and shape shift. Angels of God don't lie. Look at the spirit behind whatever you see, is it of God? The shaking of the elelctro magnetic field may also be why the demons can not perform miracles signs and wonders due to the fact that if you were going to put a celestial being in a cage, a being of light and energy what would keep that bing bound but energy. Which is why you see so much electric activity with ghost hauntings. Iron is constantly being affiliated with sin in the bible and iron is magnetic as well. Jesus is going to rule with an iron rod...why iron? It is magnetic and can draw out negative energy. Read the bible it has every answer to all of your questions.
I never knew how much this happened to people. I think it was 2 years ago or there about i was dreaming of my grandad who had passed away before i was born and i was at his grave side asking him was he happy and was he ok to send me a sign to tell me he was happy..so a circle of his tomb stone disappeared and i felt really happy and my body had the a really weird but good feeling, sort of tingly. at this point i half woke up..i was paralysd i could see in the room but i could not move or talk i seen this spirit fade into the corner of my room and as it faded i could feel the weird but good feeling in my body leave as it was fading away..it almost felt as if this spirit was in my body and leaving it. I was really freaked out and only told my friend. something similar happened her and she googled it and it came up as sleep paralysis so i got on with it and forgot about it eventually. Last year it happened me again where i was felt awake but could not move or speak however i did not see any weird ghostly figures. Very recently it happened me again where i could hear my roommate at my door and coming into my room i could see her but i could not speak or move..i asked my boyfriend when i fully woke up if he heard me talking and he said i just lay there sleeping. Two nights after that i was lying in bed and just woke up suddenly to see a young boy standing facing my bedside locker.. i couldnt make out his face i could just see a young boy and i screamed woke up my boyfriend and repeatedly asked who he was and my boyfriend just said i was dreaming and the wee boy disappeared. i eventually fell back to sleep and remember seeing a woman in a long dress beside the wardrobe but thought i was dreaming so i never mentioned it. reading through all these comments i remembered when i was younger i used to be sleeping and trying to talk or move in dreams but when id speak my voice wouldnt work. then i remembered when i was sleeping on my couch after watching a dvd i half woke up seeing a white figure beside me and again it disappeared. i only remembered all this recently cause i've been googling it cause its beginning to scare me.
I remember coming across this thread a couple years ago. I'm surprised that it's still getting comments on it!

Anyways, like everyone else, I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've spent literally months reading up on everything that has to do with sleep, sleep cycles, REM, you name it. So far to date the only thing that I can say that I believe it is, is Sleep Paralysis. The only problem is that sleep paralysis shouldn't happen as commonly as everyone here.

Onto my stories, it began when I was a little kid. I was somewhere around 4 years old. I don't remember what had happened to start it, but I eventually got scared because there were monsters in my room. Like any other four year old it seems normal. But I guess I freaked out so much that I made my mom get "Monster Spray" which was simply air freshener with construction paper wrapped around it which made it "Monster Spray". My mom would spray it in my room every night and I guess it stopped me from freaking out. Then when I was 6 or 7 I would wake up around 3am every morning and start screaming at the top of my lungs that there were spiders in my bed. For two weeks this went on and I eventually either got over it or it stopped.

When I was 10 I remember having a conversation with Mrs. Piggy (the muppet) in my doorway for about two hours. I don't know if I was actually talking aloud or not, but I know that we were communicating somehow, and she just stood at my doorway only a couple feet in height. All I remember is seeing her silhouette and knowing it was her.

The next time they started back up I was 18. I would wake up to seeing paper floating around my room, spiders crawling down the walls, and even the Chuckie doll sitting on my dresser. At first it was scary, but I started getting used to it. As I aged it only got worse. When I was twenty the spiders and floating paper turned into people. Sometimes it would be people just walking through the walls in my room. Most of the time it was people just standing silently in my room staring at me. I could never clearly make out their faces, it was almost like they were shadowed over, and they would just stand there, staring at me.

When I turned 21 it got even worse. I would wake up to hearing people break into the house and start opening up the door to my room. I would have my eyes closed and feel people sit down on my bed. People would be standing on the other side of my room and instantly run towards me as fast as possible. The worst that I ever experienced was when I woke up to dozens of people standing motionless in my room. Everyone had heads with hair, but no faces. Then a man ran through the crowd and jumped on me. Normally I would snap out of it when they attempted to touch me, but I felt him on me, pushing on my as hard as he could for only a couple seconds. I woke up crying and cried for about an hour afterwards.

A year ago I started taking melatonin every night. You can buy it at most stores that have a dietary supplements. I have 3mg pills. It somewhat helps me fall asleep, but the real reason I keep taking it is that it helps me stay asleep, which makes these visions stop. I've attempted to stop taking them and the hallucinations start back up again. I still get them from time to time (about once every two weeks) on the pills but they're nowhere as intense as when I didn't take them.

I strongly suggest you try out the Melatonin every night. Either way, I wish you all good luck in figuring out what it all means or why it happens.
i see people hovering over me..sometimes at the side of my bed...i dont see features just their form.it just startles me and i let out a bloodcurdling scream....no ryme or reason as to when these occure.
Okay I’ve been having these dreams for many years now, to be exact more than twenty years. I didn’t put much thought into my dreams since I always related them with stress. The problem is that I have almost no stress now in my life compared to previous times and I’m still having these dreams. So recently I really started to think that I was going crazy.
My first strange dream started years ago when I was woken up by flying objects right in front of my face. They resembled a spider. Sometimes they are smaller spiders and something larger spiders floating right in front of my face. I wake up throwing a pillow at them. I laugh now but its not funny at that moment. I turn on all the lights and search all through my room for spiders and there is nothing. I kid you not I am not making this up. I even drew one of them for my boyfriend to explain what I was seeing. He is skeptical and tells me that I’m probably worried about sorting and I’m stressed out. But I hardly have any stress at this moment in my life. Sometimes the floating objects don't float and they look like huge spiders crawling on my wall. I wake up throwing my pillow at it and turning on all the lights but I don't see anything. Sometimes Im woken up with voices in my room. Its the strangest thing. Last night I had one of those dreams of seeing a floating spider in front of me again. This time it just floated there for a longer period than usual. I blinked my eyes and it was still there. Then I turn on the lights and it was gone. Im scared Im going to have a heart attack or something because my heart pounds
so hard when Im woken up by these floating spider objects. I don't dare tell any of this to my friends so I googled this and found this thread. I can not explain how relief I am right now to know Im not the only one seeing these things.
My question is WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE FLOATING THINGS? AND WHY ARE THEY WAKING US UP???
Okay sorry for that screaming....but its just that Im really perplexed about all these dreams...
Thanks for sharing, makes me feel better:)))
Hello everyone... It has been only a few months since I started seeing spiders too. NEVER in my entire life I had experienced anything like this. I just woke up an hour ago because I heard a loud screeching noise and when I open my eyes I see this spider on my pillow standing in the same place then I reacted by pushing myself away while I look at the spider. It started moving so freaking fast but stayed in the same place!... I've seen spiders disappear in front of me almost once every two weeks now. I'm getting scared. I've read that people started by seeing spiders then started to see people and aliens... I can't sleep now!!! I DONT WANT TO SEE THOSE THINGS!... I live by myself and I'm 18 years old, my parents don't live anywhere close to me and there's no one who can help me... I called my girlfriend at 3am just to tell her what happened and I don't want to keep doing that. I know she doesn't mind but this is not something natural to me. I'm scared. I can't do much... Just pray... ask for forgiveness...  Still... I'm so scared...
Just found this thread today after discussing my night's sleep with my friend at work. I, too, have had the dream of the person at the foot of my bed. I've only had three in the last year, but that's three too many for me. It bothers me that I wake up shrieking, even though the people have never been threatening in any way. As with many of you, this happens in the first hour of sleep for me. I, however, cannot get back to sleep, and often have to turn the TV on for light and noise in the room (and I know it's really not good to sleep with the TV on).
I will be honest and say that I am constantly stressed, drink copious amounts of caffeine, exercise occasionally, and don't go out of my way to diet. From reading all of your experiences, I'm lucky I don't have it far worse.
I will, of course, discuss this with my doctor next month. However, in the meantime, I would like to try and reinforce my experiences in lucid dreaming. When I was younger (in my 20s), lucid dreaming came very easily to me. Now that I am 43, I find that I can't do it anymore. Not that I have had reason to try. I don't suffer from nightmares. My dreams are very entertaining normally. I think that's why it's so odd for me to dream about something that terrifies me so completely, and why after only three episodes I decided to look online to see if it was significant.
It's weird (and somewhat amazing) that we all share similar dreams and experiences. I wonder why the dream people stand at the foot of the bed, though...
I'll keep checking back here, and I will talk with my doctor about it. Keep posting your ideas and experiences. We may find an answer to this yet.
am 20 years old n this just started happenin to me.. the first time i i woke up in the middle of the night n i saw a huge tarantula lookin spider running up its webb n then went akross the ceiling real fast so i jumpt outta bed n turned on the light n it wuz gone.so checked all in my covers n pillows n undeer the bed i ended up searching the whole room with a flashlight...the second time i wuz having dreams about spiders just a bunch of images of spidersrunning around i culdint even see myself just a bunch of spiders..n then i woke up n ther wuz a spider the size of a gollf ball running up the wall and it ran behind the blinds....third time i wuzint dreaming enything i just wokup cuz i felt sumthing crawling on my face so i smacked it of n i saw the spider runnin n then just dissapear......n just earlier today i woke up n there wuz pretty big spider on my wall rite next tome it wuz just stayint still it wuz hairy black with really big eyesi think it wuz watching me i culd tell it saw me cuz wen i got up it started runnin up the wall n i wus keeping my eyes on it as i turned the light on but as soon as the light went on the spider just dissapeard....i know this seems crazy but they look so real its hard to belive there not really there....duz enybody know wuts happenin 2 me am i goin insane ? will it get worse? contact me at ***@****
i feel like my ques. have been answer because i would see thing at nght and it would be hot and i have the cover over and will not ever think to pull them off. i will alway have to sleep with my face to the wall but only if the lights are off this stared around 9 years old now in 14 teen and it not  getting better i now stay almost up half of the night i usally just sleep when i get home  from school. eveyone has it easy but when i wake im so scared i sometime stay up all  night so it would not happen again sometime i break down in the middle of the night sometime i just want it to stop i just want to go to sleep .almost every night i wake up at the same time for hours i stay up and i finally get to sleep and i have to get up. im tired of it all of it .CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE,
I can't believe all of these people who experience the same phenomena that I do. These "dreams" started a few years ago and I woke up my parents screaming because I saw spiders coming down from my ceiling. These dreams progressed into seeing people, but mostly never anything scary. Sometimes I see my friends or last night with the excitement of the Bruins win I saw the team in my room. Once a few weeks ago I saw an old womans face in the corner and as I was waking up it faded out the windo. When this happens to me I feel my eyes WIDE open and sometimes I do things like sprint away from my bed or throw my pillows. Once I even texted my roomate because I thought someone was sleeing in her bed with her. She was so confused. It's so weird because I always remember everything I see and it is like my mind is fully functioning but I have no control of my body.  Is this some sort of mental disorder?!?!?
I too have this issue, Its not common I read online its some kind of disorder, I have woken up and seen many things. Spiders I see most. I for one feel like im close to god im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have seen these things for a long time, I want to see if besides the spiders if any of you have any of the following :

Sleeping sometimes in general is not pleasant for me, I used to be afraid to fall asleep and I often wake up tired. The thought of being asleep for a long time worries me.
When I was 11 I was laying in my bed with my younger brother and experienced what I would say as a violent ghost encounter with the bed shaking. My brother was there and remembers as well.

when I was a child(im 24 now)  I was dreaming and realized I was dreaming,  I did not wake up immediately, and I realized that I could do whatever I wanted in the dream, I jumped out of a window and the dream ended.

My grandma died last July, I slept at her house so my grandpa wouldnt be alone, I woke up and saw her outline it was full of light but didnt hurt my eyes( my eyes are very sensitive) she hugged me and it was gone.

Sometimes I have a hard time with energy and Its because of lack of sleep, I believe this to be part of the problem
Again I ask why spiders? Im not afraid of spiders really but it is scary to wake up and see one crawling on you.

This has been happening to me for 12 years. I see insects, spiders, ghosts, weird mechanical objects, faces,  things falling from the ceiling fan, things tipping over, people standing in the room etc. Sometimes it's really alarming, and other times it's kind of cool to watch.  I figured out mostly how this happens. For me, it's always 30 minutes after I fall asleep. It will almost always happen if I'm playing a strategic or intense video game without completely winding down afterwards. I suppose the same would work with TV, though I don't watch much. Eating less than two hours before sleeping seems to make it happen too. My advise to all is; no bedtime snacks, read or meditate before sleep, purposefully relax your mind when you lay down (praying could work). Good Luck and your not alone in this.
What a trip, reading all of these posts. I've been up since about 4:30 this morning, which ***** because i've got a long day ahead of me. I'm not quite sure how long this has been happening but it first happened when my brother and I still lived at home when I was a teenager, I'm 27 now. I woke up one one night and saw the most vivid snake in the bed. I jumped out of bed and ran to my brother and told him to help me because i was so damn scared/shocked and convinced there was a snake in my bed. He went through the sheets with me and of course we didn't find anything. It's actually kind of a joke we have now. I also wake up here and there and see spiders, normally small crawling around on my pillow or on the bed next to my pillow. When I see them they never scurry around they, just sit there and then I jump.Whats weird is I don't think im afraid of spiders since i'm usually killing them for people that are scared of them. I've also experienced the paralysis before, only a handfull of times. I even tried to induce it once, because it was such an odd sensation. It also happened to me like other people during the day on a couch, odd.

Tonight I woke up and saw a BIG spider right next to my pillow. It shocked the hell out of me because it was so damn big, so I jumped up and sat on my bed. I then started to rationalize if what I saw was really real and started thinking if I should pull all the sheets off and take everything out from under my bed. I started googling, house spiders lol and saw this forum. I started reading it and wow, amazing that other people see this stuff. It's never really worried me and most of them time I can go back to sleep because I remember that it's probably my crazy freakin brain playing tricks on me again.To be honest, while reading this forum, i've looked over my shoulder toward the wall to see if there is a spider behind me, because it was so damn real.

Whats weird though is why does everyone see, insects or snakes and spiders, and these floating objects? or these people/figures (which I have never seen, and would scare the living &*%$ out of me if I did). Why don't people see other animals? I find that to be really odd that's its specific things.I've never kept my eye on any of the things long enough to experience the fading away that's been described, since I always jump away and turn on the light.

I do know that I went to bed super late last night and work was quite stressfull. I also just got back from a mountian climbing trip that was leaving me physically exhausted at the the end of the day and I haven't slept very well at all this whole week. Plus ive noticed that if I eat spicy food (which I did last night) or if my room is hot I tend to have nightmares. Like everyone else here, I have incredibly vivid dreams, that if I concentrate during the dream I can recall very specific details for a long while after i've woken up. I've also recently started writing them down when I wake up.

These are all incredible accounts from folks and i'm definitely bookmarking this page. I'm Catholic but have not been to church in some time but really relate with the folks that believe in the power of prayer or even the sign of the cross, those also comfort me. I hope all of you that are experiencing the extreme cases find some peace/rest. If I wasn't able to sleep regularly, I would fall apart.

Good luck to all of you and I wish you all deep sleeping :)

- Mike
I sleep walk. My dream...it all feels real. I go to a room and see a girl and cute and gentle innocent girl. I was 12 when I dreamt of this. I see her crying and she's all alone. I ask her "what's wrong?" No reply- suddenly crumbling and everything feels big and up tight. My head becomes more heavy and everything around me starts to crush me as I see a giant grim man. He growls with a voice saying "DON'T TOUCH HER! GET THE FU** AWAY OR DIE!" I end up at my little sister's friends house have naked just with my pajama pants on and my shirt hanging out of it. I ask my sisters friends mother to drive us far away to this place. They thought I was crazy... I left afterwards and came come while it was drizzling rain. T.V. was on and my little sister was watching and everything felt so dim. I went back to sleep like nothing happened.
I  am only 13 and I thought I was the only one. It is strange how there are more who see the exact same image...spiders. I have been waking up every night since I was 7 and see huge spiders either dangling from a  web on the ceiling, or crawling on me in bed. I tell my parents and my siblings but they think I'm crazy...I need some real help. I've tried everything but I keep waking up in the middle of the night and seeing spiders. It has gotten worse in the past year. I have lately been waking up and I see scary people in my room! Just the other night I saw a  dark hooded figure walking towards me from the corner of the room. I always try and close my eyes but none of the people or spiders ever disappear. I wish it would all just go away...
I keep scaring my partner too. But it doesn't happen often. The first time I woke up pointing at nothing and I was shouting "oh my god!" and then I pointed at our cat asking what that is. I think it's strange that I knew where my cat was if I was asleep. I can't remember the second time but my partner said I woke up and saw something and then went to the bathroom. I just woke up last night and I shouted "oh my god!" again and I apparently was looking down at the bed saying "they put a mirror under you"....??? I'm confused. Any opinions (beside the fact that I might be delusional haha).
Hi I to see things. Here is a list its bizarre and I am 100% certain I am awake. They will sound odd but hopefully some of you will relate .
Spiders
A man looking at me with a magnifying glass
A angelic female with a bright green light floated at end of my bed
A man I knew that committed suicide peeking behind a door looking at me
A tv set with people in it (black and white) still don't know what these mean
My stepfather in comic form with a picture of my mum behind him with her hair in a mess
Smoke in the room
A energy of light like kids bubbles with a green light pulsating
Had blowing in my ear
A dark haired man looking at me beside my bed
A woman floating above me when I leapt up out of bed she stepped back and disappeared
The list goes on and on and it really doas scare me so I end up putting my head under the covers and have to sleep with the light on.
We can't all be mad surely......
Woahhhh that's so weird. I'm experiencing kinda the same thing and it's been freaking me out lately. idk what to do. I've been too scared to sleep in my own room now And It's making me panic so much in the night. I can't sleep anymore. It feels like the spiders always crawling on me or its on the ceiling all the time, and its trying to get to me. i always try to lock it in my room so i can kill it, but it always disappears. I don't do any sort of drug whatsoever, And this just started happening. I was never scared of spiders before, i always try to save them or play with them, but now, I'm frightened of them in the night. I don't want his to keep going on. I don't like being scared.....:/
Its called 'hypnopompic hallucinations' hallucinating when awaking.

I get them too. People at foot of bed. Monsters coming out walls. All things to make you scream.
I did have one spider dream that crossed over to wakefulness. These were more than twice as large as the biggest tarantula or Guatamalan bird eater. The room was lit by the sun, I woke up and saw a giant dark, hairy big eyed spider on my right hand. I was spread eagled with my arms, and flipped it through the head board. (Not solid, but small posts) then I got out of bed to find it. Found nothing. Only time that happened for me.

However years later I was awakened at night by something. Noticed a blind pushed up and light was coming through. I sat up wide awake and noticed movement. Like some invisible thing was racing from near where I had lain ran up the blinds through the gap and the pushed up blind blade popped down! Now I was fully alerted. (Before I was awake and neutral like a machine observing but feeling nothing.)

It happened again years later at my mother's house only differently and I was still awake. Heard something caressing several of the plastic blades of the window blind, (the thin plastic white ones you see so often) like fingers rubbing it. I moved over to the rubbing sound saw nothing then reached to see and found nothing. Then the rubbing started in a box nearby! Still could see nothing, all the lights are on, I had not been asleep like the last time. When I searched for the sound it moved back to the blinds. then that stopped and I had a feeling, without evidence that it was moving deliberately on the floor to behind my bed. Was alarmed for awhile. though I did notice bite marks on my skin again---arms and hands. Two punctures. Some times I found smaller or larger ones, like there were several animals of different sizes feeding on my body. It eventually stopped. I think whatever these are they aren't natural to our dimension. But they can feed on us, maybe our blood, to live. I think they also know means of gaining ingress and egress between where they live and here.

Oh there was one other odd happenstance at the apartment I lived in for years where I had the first encounter with something invisible. I was awakened out of a sound sleep by feelings of a lashing on my right leg. I awakened in the near dark, could see nothing but felt the stings then fell back to sleep very fast. The next day found my lower right leg covered in small red almost burn like streaks. Very short. When they healed all that was left was a strange trapezoid line of a scab like a very small form had been cut into my flesh. But it too soon disappeared. Wish I could have taken photos of it. Also never repeated. Didn't show it to any one else.

Much of what has been listed in this forum the late John Keel would call "Bedroom Invaders.'

Good luck to all of you on solving or just dealing with your own individual problems.
Okay I am 15 years old. And for as long as i can remember I have been having these waking nightmares. They feel so real to me. I know that I am awake when ever these things happen to me. I see millions of spiders crawling all over my room and me I see them. And recently i have been seeing this big crate of some kind hanging over me then it falls. I jump out of bed and run everytime this happens to me. Which is every night. And what I have been relizing is that everytime I have these waking nightmares they get worse. I have a history of sleepwalking and waking up in strange places and being really scared. I am afraid to go to sleep anymore. I have been to a doctor about this they put me on these pills but it did not stop the waking nightmares. A few weeks ago I fell asleep at my boyfriends house when this happened he said it really scared him that i was screaming and pushed him out of the way when he tryed to get my attention. Its seemed so real. And I am glade that there are other people who are going threw what I am. I hate seeing these things and now i here and see people talking and  touching me I know it is not real but i can make myself nap out of it. I am so tired I fall asleep in school and i start screaming. i got detention for that the teacher thought i was playing a joke. But I wasnt. Not only is this effecting my home life but my school life as well. My boyfriend is supportive but he could not possibally understand what this is like for me. I hate being scared and tired all the time. I could really use some help. The doctors were no help at all. I really just need to talk to someone who knows what I am going threw not some stupid doctor thinking about this logically. And using big terms which I dout they understand. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
i omg ok so i just im so sure i saw it im 12 years old and i just saw a spider out in the hall scurry in my room my parents r getting so mad at me they come here every nite with a flash lite just to c but im so sure im seeing things now i cant sleep and i feel bites but when i look no spider im so scared im talking to myslef and to nothiing i guess i say ok spider come out now my dad is gone their gunna there not gunna kill u i mean its so scary idk if i should get therapy and i cant kill it for sum reason
I used to wake up to hovering balls. Ever since I woke up to a real bat that had gotten into my room, when I was 19,  these balls turned into spiders. When I woke to the bat I thought it was a spider and flung my hand at it, but I had seen the eye or wing, I touched an ear. Spiders don't scare me. I kill them with my bare hands, daddy long legs with shoes. These spiders scare me. I once slept with my twin on the couch and I woke up to it, I jumped up, pulled her off and ran to turn on the light. She is terrified of spiders, so she went back to bed somewhere else. 3 years ago I woke up to red eyes starring at me with a pitch black face and smoky body. It looked like it was glaring evilly at me. I was scared, but I thought combat evil with love. I tried to reach out for it to comfort it, but couldn't, too paralyzed. Then I tried to kiss is, and was able to purse my lips at it. It's eyes widened and it turned around and flew into the upper wall/ceiling. It had no legs, but looked like a black foggy casper. It never came back so far. The thing really bothered me. I stopped seeing spiders  2 years ago when I started waking up to real spiders crawling on me and I killed them. It remedied myself that spiders are not scary. I still see balls of light. Once now I saw these light blocks on my hand and arm and slapped them to make them go away. I found this thread because the last thing I saw, 3 days ago, I woke up to a red rectangle with a smaller square in one end with a brighter red on the bottom border of this inner square. It was large, a foot by 10 inches, and it slowly glided above my head. I tried to reach out to it, but it was out of reach, however I was to terrified to get up and go chasing after it. These visions are not from stress for me. When stressed I sleep soundly when I am asleep. I might have nightmares, but no wakening. I do have a hx of sleep walking. I used to have night terrors since 2. My mother, when I told her about my visions, she told me that she used to see spiders a lot too, but there were always 3, and above her head. Mine are by my face, on the wall (I always sleep with bed against the wall.) I only see one thing at a time. I have vivid nightmares every once in a while about white bald alien monkeys walking on their left forearm and left foot coming at me, black eyes giving me headaches, but I can stand these because every once in a while I'll have these very good sexual dreams that make me wake up and say,"wow! I want to go back to bed"....you know what I mean...and these dreams being so vivid make up for the bad vivid dreams. Anyway, just thought I'd share how my orbs evolved and a possible genetic link.
I have been waking up with seeing things too. Usually in the middle of the night. They dont scare me and I just seem to watch them to see what happens. They are usually shapes or "string" coming down from the ceiling.The first time was about 6 years ago and it has happened infrequently since then. Last night I saw very vivid and moving geometric shapes. Sometimes I wake up hot or other times with a headache. I told my Dr once who just looked at me strange but was not overly bothered! I suppose we are all worried about it being from a more sinister origin like a Brain Tumour or a psychotic illness. Good to know others have the same things and it all seems benign.
Was freakin out myself but found this DO READ ALL OF IT (covers spiders!)

Hypnagogic hallucinations are hallucinations which occur at the boundary between sleeping and waking. They can occur when people are falling asleep, or when they are starting to wake up, and they tend to be extremely vivid, feeling like a Technicolor Oz after the black and white Kansas of every day life. Many people experience hypnagogic hallucinations at some point during their lives, but recurrent intense hallucinations can be a sign of an underlying medical condition which may require treatment.

Visual, auditory, tactile, and kinetic sensations can all be experienced during hypnagogic hallucinations, and everyone experiences slightly different forms. Some people, for example, may feel like they are falling, and jerk themselves awake to avoid hitting the ground. Others may hear voices as they are trying to drift off to sleep, or experience a vivid sensation that someone or something is in the room. Sensory experiences such as feeling like one is submerged in a pool of water are also not uncommon.

In some cases, hypnagogic hallucinations can be frightening for the people who experience them. They may include vivid and frightening images, including images which are out of scale, which can make the hallucinations seem even more unsettling; people may see giant spiders on the walls, for example, or feel like they have shrunk down to a tiny size in the bed. The vivid experiences may also be brought to mind over the course of the day, causing inexplicable images or sensations to filter through someone's consciousness at an unexpected moment.
My night times are getting out of control I wake up screaming most nights now screaming so loud I probably wake my neighbours and my partner has to get up and turn light on or wake me up as sometimes I am still sleeping and it's all because I see spiders?? One particular one that always bothers me and I actually can't move until I get woken is I am sleeping and I remember this vision clear as day I see a ball right in front of my eyes which then slowly unfolds into a huge spider in my face and I can't move and scream so loud when I get woken up I am shaking sweating and really shaking?! It's really getting to me now?? I have a true fear for spiders but this waking up screamig things has been going on about 3 years and happens couple times a year sometimes when I have actually seen spider that day? I do have alot of stress on at moment but this is only real stress I have had so don't know what had caused all the other ones before! What should I do?
Well I am yet another 'crazy' one to add to the mix here. When I wake up (usually in the middle of the night) I can see all sorts of things in my bedroom - yet my eyes are wide open - not to exerience spiders yet though. I have seen people, spider webbs and once there were spikes coming down from the ceiling. During the later experience I was very aware that I was in bed with my partner and I screamed because he was sleeping and both of us were about to get killed. As the spikes fell from the ceiling I just rolled over, but nothing hit me, it was then I realised that there was not actually anything there.

It takes me quite a while to question what I am seeing. I often sit up in bed just starring at whatever is there - knowing that it shouldn't but not really questioning it (if that makes sense). After a minute or so it has gone. Yet the whole time my eyes are wide open, I know I am awake and afterwards I can decribe each object perfectly.

When I was little I did sleepwalk a lot. When I was told about the sleepwalking episode I could clearly remember the 'dream' I was having. I would remember speaking to me parents, what rooms of the house I had been in etc But during these I would say that I was definitely dreaming.

Would be nice to get a reason behind these weird midnight 'sightings' though!!
I have the same problem, since I was a kid, except I see silhouettes of a man, or inanimate objects floating torward me. It's very frightening and I usually come out of it screaming. It doesn't happen every night, but lately it is getting more frequent. Any solutions?
I have had vivid "dreams" off and on all my life. Lately it has been spiders..some quite large, other times nests of babies that spread out over my pillow. Last night it was a huge rat and I woke my boyfriend when I jumped up and was throwing things at the rat..nothing there. Like everyone else I have scoured my bedroom looking for spiders..nothing.

I am 46 and people are starting to think I am mentally sick. sigh...I do know that I wake so tired after these episodes...would LOVE to have some decent sleep for a change!
HEY DONT WORRY!!!! The spider dream, hallucination, is not what you think, your NOT going crazy. Ive had this for many years now and lines all over the wall for the split seconds of coming out of sleep. There are two explanations. I have been to neurologist and had scans, meds everything. This is part of having Migraines where the brain is overactive. NO LIES. Another explanation for this is being able to look in towards the back of your eyes as you leave sleep.... ever had an eye test, light shone right in your eye then you see the lines in your vision. This is what causes your symptoms. You can be having migraines during sleep. There are other neurological problems that cause this of course and it is perhaps better to speak to a GP but I have had the best experts look into this for me and I believe them. Hope you all have a better nights sleep soon.  
On June 11th 2011, in the early hours of the morning i dremt that i saw this man in my bedroom exode before my eyes! He wore several bandages and was holding this thing, If i remember correctly i think it was a machete. About 1 second later, i woke up and my fan turned off. At that same second of 5.40 am, i woke up, the power went and the Cyprus explosion occured all in less that a mille second. I live in the outer suburbs of town in Cyprus. The whole island lost power due to the huge explosion.
This has started to happen to me in the last few months. I'm now seeing freaky things, even in my daydreams. As my family and I drive through town, i see streams of blood dripping down the buildings or I see the whole town on fire, with horses running threw the blaze on fire.
Does this mean I can see the future. I've recentky discovered whole generations of my family had these types of abilites. My great aunt could see starnge movements in a fireplace, my mum can see people ora colours and recently been seing blood and fires.
Would someone out there please tell me whats going on! If i'm phycic, will i go through a great change, or will i die in a fire or what does it all mean?????
Help me
I see people and figures in my room from time to time, however I came here to tell you a good way to disrupt the vision, especially if it is unpleasant: put a high-powered LED flashlight on your nightstand within reach. When you have your next vision just turn it on and point directly at the vision, poof - it will disappear right away. it might reappear once you shut it off, but light up the flash again. repeat until you can go back to sleep. i find that doing this helps my mind realize the real things in the room vs. visions. i hope this helps. good night.
Just logged on and read your message about having migraines in your sleep. I suffer from them quite bad and usually have an Aura beforehand. Thanks, there is a good chance my seeing things during the night and migraines are connected.
                  Hi I am 17, and I have a sleep issue. When i was younger I had night terrors, I would sleep walk (a better word would be run), and sleep talk. I was 11 and still running into my parents room out of fear. My mom and dad would find me sitting in the kitchen, trying to walk through my mirror, banging my head on my closet wall, and other weird scenerios.
                   I am now 17 and still do embarassing things in my sleep. My friends joke about it, but i talk to them, walk around, and even get agressive sometimes.
                  But anyway I have had weirder things starting to happen to me. Soon after i go to bed (at least i think so), i expeirience a weird thing. I am not paralyzed like others have explained, in fact i move around. In my head i feel like i am at the dance studio, or a football game. (really it tends to be a place with people). But the weird thing is i still see my room? Yet i believe i am somewhere else. I want to sleep, and hold my pillow. I am constantly laying down wanting to sleep, but then sitting back up because I think people are watching me, and I am embarrassed. Sometimes i see normal objects, but for some reason i can't make myslef stop thinking they are people in my room. I hear people talking to me, and i talk back. I really want to tell myself it is all in my head but I can't.
                   Another thing that happens is a wake up almost acting out a dream. The other night, for example, I woke up halfway off my bed holding my bulletin board that sits on my bed table, leans against the wall. I woke up with my focus directed on my closet asking aomeone to come over and help me. I have no idea what i was talking about( or to) or why i was holding my bulletin board.
                  What the heck is wrong with me haha

Hi!my name is carolyne this things also happens too me at night.I screamed a lot and people tell me that I'm haunted so I get so scared that I want to take away ma life.Is somebody outthere to help me pls.I feel so bad when it happens yet I can't remember unless somebody tells me.
i really cannot believe no one has heard of this phenomenon before, your all so worried for no reason at all and i am absolutely baffled that none of you have heard of hypnagogic hallucinations.  it is very common in  some people and it has absolutely nothing to do with your health.  nothings wrong with you.  this happens to my mom all the time, and sometimes for me, right before i fall asleep i hear people yelling or screaming.  its just a weird psychological occurrence, but completely normal.
hi im a 23 year old female ...i use to see spiders and a guy dress in black who whould try to take me away with him... when i was just alittle girl it would follow me everywhere we moved but when i was 17 i move out from my perents and it all stop.... all the scary stuff when away... i can acctually walk in the dark and feel no negative energy and i am no longer scare... i also found out that in my dad side of the family they would use black magic or witch craft what ever u call it....... and i found out that they use it agaisnt my dad because he was alcoholic and they wanted him stop drinking i feel that all that bad energy.. and bad spirits... my mom is christian and belives in god and pray for all this bad to go awayn i belive it help but then again not everyone belives in god... i know most have u have pray and ask for help but nothing has work... but i belive that is what it wants it wants us to be afraid... my last really bad dream was 8-27-10 and i was surrunded by demonds and in my dream i was not afraid... we have to face our fears... and i belive that will help!! idk how i was able to face this i wish i had step by step of how i made it stop but i dont... here n their spooky stuff happen to me but it my give me chills and want to run out but i grabb all the strenght i have and run back and face it,...but honestly It CANT HURT US!!! so it uses our weekness so we hurt OURSELF but dont allow it all u can figh this. it doesnt hurt to give it a try show it that ur not afraid
im 17 and i get these, its wierd at first i thought nothing of it when i thought there were two bugs crawling round te cieling, altthough i was majorly scared and jumped out of bed i didnt think anything of the dream. i have had around 7 now and they are getting more regular which is worrying me, they leave me absolutely terrified and unable to sleep for a good couple of hours because i have such a fear of bugs, especially spiders. i have literally just had one where i woke up convinced 26 spider had just crawled onto my bed an over me (no idea why 26) and so i ran out of bed and out of my room to the toilet and ended up waking my dad who checked my room and pursuaded me to get back into bed. thats how i ended up here, too scared to go back to sleep incase it happens again tonight like has happened before! please someone help im so scared of these 'dreams' happening ...
Hi, im 15 years old and i just got out of bed with one of these experiences. Its not quite as bad as most experiences on here, but i am still worried.

For most of the summer i was staying up playing xbox live until 2 or 3 am. In the past few weeks, i would accidentally stay up another hour, then another, until i was going to sleep at 6am and waking up a 4pm. last night i stayed up till 3. School started today, then i had guitar, and when i got home i was tired, and was happy i could return to my normal schedule. But i didnt. I laid in bed at about 10pm and even though my limbs were tired, my heart was still beating like it normally would, and i couldn't sleep. At one point i though i heard something like a mouse or bug in my room, heard trash moving. But i sleep with a heavy duty fan infront of me, which affects my hearing while its on, so i figured it was just me being stupid. i never got to sleep, and when i got fed up i looked around my room and could swear i saw something glowing either in or on the wall. So i got a flashlight and looked; nothing. I tested this about five times and everytime i saw it. it looked like an LED or a lightning bug was in my wall, but i figured that it couldn't go through the wall, so i got up and walked to the computer and i found this.

I used to think i heard birds chirping in the morning, but i would turn off my fan and it would stop (and it was 6am, so chirping made sense). I used to think it was just my imagination, but im wondering now if its this thing everyone else has.

I also get deja vu frequently, as if i dreamt the scene in my sleep the other night (whether it be last night or a week or two ago), but couldn't remember it happening at all until i experienced the scene.

Just wondering if this is any different than hypnagogic hallucinations, and how to fix it.
BTW WE NEED A DOCTOR OR A SPECIALIST TO POST A COMMENT(even though others have posted some information)!!!! TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT DOING SO NEXT TIME U VISIT HIM/HER
Ok, I guess this is the closest to what I experience. The difference seems to be, I'm awake. It can happen as soon as 5-10 minutes after I go to bed and It's been happening ever since I was little. I'm now in my mid forties. I know I'm awake. One example: when I was very young I had a "nightmare". What convinced me that I wasn't dreaming was that when I saw the face at the window, (second story, straight side's, no tree's,balconies ect..) my german shepherd ran into the room, charged the window and actually cracked the glass. My Mom never told me I was dreaming, she never called them nightmares, only that they were gone. I see all kinds of different things. Sometimes just people, in my face, either next to the bed or directly above me.  Sometimes balloons float out of my master bathroom into my bedroom. They become other things, they twist and mutate. Some nights I refuse to open my eye's because I don't want to scream. Other nights I open my eyes determined to see whatever play out to the end without screaming. That rarely works. Whatever it is, usually charges in on me to fast and I end up screaming, retreating backwards and blocking its charge with my hands. Once it's gone, I'm fine. Just the other night I opened my eyes to see the white extension cord that runs my bedside table,standing up, like a cobra, reared up in mid air. I was focusing on it through the dark when it "charged" me. I knew what it was, I could see it. Just like the thing that comes out of the ceiling, I can see it. I am one of the most even keel people you'll ever meet. I'm the calm one in emergencies, I work well under pressure, I very, very rarely let anything get me upset. I realize that what I'm seeing isn't,,,,,,,,,,,,normal, but I'm seeing it.  My teenager doesn't even hear me scream anymore, sometimes neither does my husband. I also had a run of about 2 weeks that I smelled cigarette smoke. I't was like someone was blowing it directly in my face. At times It would almost gag me. This happened even during the day. No one in my home or work place smoke. Well??? Anybody????
Hello All
  I'm extremely ecstatic that im not The only Living Person Who has Had My Crazy >Vision or dream. Ive Never Dreamed Really Or Recalled any of my Dreams They've Mostly Been Spread Out pretty Vacant If it Wasn't Vivid Then I wasnt With it, I had learned as A pre-teen how to control my dreams With the sight of a bouncing ball So occasionally after what it seems like to Be forever I get the hang of it But,lately I've turned 17 And ive HAd a list of dreams The first of which I was Rolled Outta my Bed And Bent Like "Over" 180 degrees. While the next year Me turning 15 I had A dream Tht something Strapped Me To my Bed And I couldn't Move Completely Tought And restricted from movement.
& im 17 & I have Never slept walked except once But I felt completly Awake I saw, Heard ANd Felt thing Of Un-natural presence with chills tht woke me out of my sleep< My father told me they could have been Angels< And if tht was an Angel then The things I felt @ 15 where complete opposite feelings of what I felt @ 17
i have been waking up and seeing spiders (dangling above me, crawling across me, next to me) for about a year now.. it comes and goes. i immediately jump out of my bed and run and turn on the light... and the spiders are never there. i am so glad i am not the only one. but does anyone know what it actually is?
one time i woke up and saw an old man standing next to my bed looking at me, but not moving. i was paralysed to the bed and then he disappeared.
I'm so glad I have found ya'll...I have been having this problem for 4 years now. Seeing spiders that is not there are different bugs. Now I'm seeing things coming out of the ceiling or black spots on the walls. There is times I have woke my husband up saying Did you see that rat??or Did you see that on the wall. I don't know what it is are what to do.. Has any of ya'll went to a doctor to see what it is.. Its like my eyes are open and I see these things but I will blink and they are gone. Please help me someone. I get up so tired in the mornings like I have had no rest...
I am so glad I have found this forum....I have just woke up from another night of restless sleep, seeing spiders crawling up the walls....although I always feel as if its not really spiders...but thats what i'm seeing them as?? and seeing dark figures in the room.....  since I was younger I have always had trouble with sleep......I think it stems from a time when I was younger and I thought I saw a ghost in my room.....I cannot sleep in silence, I have to have some sort of radio, or t.v on....as my mind goes into overdrive if there is silence?  I wish there was an answer for this.....its catch 22 really, because i'm exhausted in the day...but get anxious going to bed?
I was really beginning to think I was going mad, so its good to know there is other people it happens to.....just wish there was a way to stop it!
hmmmm this is spooky, I have had all of the above.Spiders, searching for doors in walls. But this week was the realest ever. I woke up suddenly.There was a man in the room, tall thin shaved head or bald. Just standing there naked. My whole body went into panic mode, I jumped out of bed and raced towards him in attack mode, suddenly he was crouching under the table. I realized there was no one there but I am 100% certain there was someone there.
I've talked with different people about what happens when we dream, do we project ourselves elsewhere?What if we really do go wandering when we sleep. The next day I thought perhaps I shouldn't have charged at him, perhaps I should have asked what he wanted.hmmmmmm.
I have asked a number of people I know, and Im the only one that has this... Wow spiders seems to be super common! I had a spider one once, it was in the corner of my ceiling and it would go up through the ceiling and back down lasted for about 40 seconds... A few weeks ago was my most creepy one: I woke up wondering if I would see anything since I just had a bad dream and these visions usually follow waited about 10 seconds saw nothing figured Im safe, then I turn my head see this demonic looking little girl standing by my bed at head level so I slapped at the figure and reached over to tyrn my light on and it was gone... The worst case I had was when I was driving!!, I didnt get much sleep before (stupid), on a road trip I kept seeing cars stopped in front of me and would hit the brakes, and once the trees in the distance looked like huge sleeping toddlers... Also have had the room look like I was in an egyptian tomb fade into my actual room, loud noises accompanied by a figure, a dog growling at a dark figure that I couldn't see and I don't have a dog.. etc, its kinda a cool story to tell to people that don't have it!!
I am also very glad to know I am not crazy, My older sister and I both have the same dreams about mostly spiders.. I am not afraid of spiders while I am awake..I went to the Dr.. He wanted to do a sleep study.. I have not gone because I dont want to pay the DR. for sleep study when it does not happen every night... The Dr. just called it Night Terrors.. took me off caffiene and all medicines and it still happens. I once saw a Giant Red Iguana at the foot of the bed- its to babies ran in the closet I crept out of bed keeping my eyes on the iguana, terrified, when I flipped the light on it dissapeared and I felt so stupid!  I wake my husband up trying to find the spiders, ants, snakes.. one night there were ants in the bed.. and I was scared to wake him.. come to find out there really were ants in the bed.. WOW..
I'm 22 and lately I've been having these sighting too. It started off with me screaming though. I'd wake up out of my sleep screaming. That stopped thankfully. Now i'm waking up to seeing a spiny spider web over my head with a spider on it and I freak out. It's getting bad.... I woke up last night and ran out of bed tripping and falling into stuff... bruising myself all over.

Help me please!
Hello Everyone
i have not see any of what you guys talked about but my neighbor told me he has see these things his entire life but a few days ago his kid woke him up telling him there was a monster on his pillow. so he went in and laid next to him in bed and closed his eyes and waiting for him to fall asleep. after a bit he opened his eye and saw glowing shapes on all the walls in the room and a face in the middle of the one wall. he shook the kid and asked him if he saw anything on the wall and he told him he could see the face that was on his pillow before and the shapes on the walls. he moved his hand across right to left between his view and the face on the wall. after it slowly faded so after that he took the kid in the other room and went back to sleep. the next day he asked the kid about it and he said he didn't remember anything.

he also told me once spiders started crawling into the room threw the wall but he pointed his finger at them and told them to get out and they vanished.

my neighbor if very spiritual and thinks its liked to why he seeing them. have any of you looked into religion (does not matter which one just focus on the prayer and love parts) or spirituality? it may help you out.
I'm African American very healthy sleep regularly non smoker I don't drink. Very happy person this has been happening to me on an off for years since I was a toddler. Stress doesn't seem to be a factor. It comes when ever it wants. Shadowy figures especially huge spiders running about on the floor.
I've had this since I was a little kid and I'm in my mid 40's now.  It's called Hypnopompic Hallucinations.  It's nothing to worry about and is fairly common.  I see spiders, rodents, shadows and shapes on the walls and even faces.  I've learned not to be afraid but it took a lot of practice.  I just tell myself what I'm seeing isn't real.  I close my eyes and open them again and it's usually gone.  I hope this helps.  
My name is Travis I was sleeping last night and I think I had a dream that someone was in my room but I dont know what was it it was leaning down like a shadow my room mate was going to the bath room at the time and I started to scream and I ran out of the room in the hall way and stared to say who in the bathroom I was scared and I just relized I think it was a dream but was it realy I know I hear of strang activitys that are going on and stuff but this was different this was not me never happen like this but when I was a little kid around 15 or 16 I woke up hearing number in my dream they made me week and stuff it was pritty were but everytime when I start to think of it I cant remember it but I only remember screeming and running out of the room saying who in the bathroom and seeing that sadow on my flow it was bad I just wish it does not happen again pry for me guys please
you guys are all under psychic attack from the reptilians.  They feed off of your fear and negative energy which is why they use the spider theme. they control the astral dreamscape and they whip you into a fenzy of terror and then suck it up like fine wine. look up David Icke or get the book The Biggest Secret and you will understand what is happening to you and most importantly, how to defend yourself.
my niece  is seeing spirits.....she wakes up seeing them an some times she is awake an sees them she sees black shadows..she has a 1yrd old son who crys when he is with her...an the dog barks at the wall...it freaks me out im so worried can any one help...she now sleeps in the day time an wnt sleep at night....
This has been happening to me for a while also. It started with sleep paralysis. Then i started seeing spiders and now it has gone to seeing people. I think that what we have is narcolepsy. I researched a little about it and realized that i have a lot of the symptoms.

Symptoms of narcolepsy include:

Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS): In general, EDS interferes with normal activities on a daily basis, whether or not a person with narcolepsy has sufficient sleep at night. People with EDS report mental cloudiness, a lack of energy and concentration, memory lapses, a depressed mood, and/or extreme exhaustion.

Cataplexy: This symptom consists of a sudden loss of muscle tone that leads to feelings of weakness and a loss of voluntary muscle control. It can cause symptoms ranging from slurred speech to total body collapse depending on the muscles involved and is often triggered by intense emotion, for example surprise, laughter, or anger.

Hallucinations: Usually, these delusional experiences are vivid and frequently they are frightening. The content is primarily visual, but any of the other senses can be involved. These are called hypnagogic hallucinations when accompanying sleep onset and hypnopompic hallucinations when occurring during awakening.

Sleep paralysis: This symptom involves the temporary inability to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. These episodes are generally brief lasting a few seconds to several minutes. After episodes end, people rapidly recover their full capacity to move and speak.
if you ask me, you're not going insane, you have a gift, you are phycic, not sure how you spell that but you know what i mean, you smell things from 20 miles away and hear voices, those voices i have no clue, and also so many people having the same vivid dreams is strange, i you may think im wierd, but i believe there is a supernatural world, and also scientifically proven, if you can imagine something, it exist in some other universe, this may sound like a stupid theory, but i think when you dream, you're mind is in another universe but your body remains in the one which you are now. what im saying doesn't make sense but there are so many strange things in our world, and i believe that there is also other worlds out there, i believen magic but not the kind where you wave a wond, the bad kind, these nightmares everyone is having could be caused either by a disorder or a demon, demon's only ambition is to torture people and seeing that everyone is having such vivid dreams this could be possible. but im not saying that everything i just said hear is true, but you are not insane, you have a power that many humans like myself would want to possess, you use more brain percentage then most humans, making you a superior beging the 90% of the worlds population.
hey guys, i've never had a dream about spiders and i've never had multiple dreams as vivid as these, but one night and ill never forget it as long as i live, im 16 now by the way, anyways to the point, one night i woke up, i lifed my self upright so i was now sitting on my bed resting my hand on either side of me, and you know how in dreams if you have one in your room or some place you recognize it is never 100% accurate, well i was in my room and i swear to got nothing was different, everything was just the way it actually was, and there was a huge winder in front of my bed, and also this was a one story house, and what i saw freaked me out but i took no action to it. it was a giant man, but not human looking just had the figure of a human body, two arms, two legs, it stood 8 foot tall, had red glowing eyes but not super bright glowing, wings, which were as i could only see like 1 5th of them spread out, seeing that my window was not wide enough for me to see the entire thing. His skin was dark, not like a black man or indian, like a dark blueish colour, i stared at him for a while, and he was looking straight at me. my eyes were wide open, i swear to god i was fully awake, but as i said before i took no action even though i was slighty unerved. i went back to sleep. then the next morning i woke up, and i was 10 times more freaked out because i actually realised what the **** just happened. the exact same thing happened the night after, though the monster was gone, and note when i say exactly the same as before, only this time the monster was gone, but there was a black cat on my bed, but weird enough as im in a dark room, it's eyes were lit up as though lights were being shun upon them. yet again i went back to sleep, then woke up the next morning and was amazed by this but not frightened because it was only a cat. if anyone else has ever experienced what i saw please let me know, i do not fear that im insane, in a way i wish i could travel back in time to that night and approach the monster. i regret going back to sleep because this could have been one of the most amazing experiences in my life and i ruined it. you guys may be upset that you have such vivid dreams, but i wish i woke in the night seeing things like that. you may think im wierd for saying that, but in a way you guys are experiencing something amazing in my eyes. also sometimes before i go to bed, now this is freaky dreams or anything, but when my eyes grow heavy and not fully closed, i can actually imagine anything i want and ill see it even know i havn't fallen alseep yet. but then when i open my eyes fully whatever i was imagining disappears a few seconds afterwards, like it fades away, and i see everything that it covered, then i get sort of upset. anyways i do understand that what i wish for could make you people think im an ******* as i do not know what it's like to happen so often so on that note, i wish you guys the best of luck and i hope it stops happening to all of you so you guys can move on with your lives. also i respect each and everyone of you for posting up these comments, because im very curious with stuff like this, also i research drugs and plenty of other things im interested in. i love hearing other peoples stories and also telling mine. so i thank you all for posting your comments.
A started a month ago, I wake up and I see three shirts flying in the air, the other night I wake up and saw a spider web and last night I saw a fire lamp with a flower in the middle flowing. The think is I dont drink, I dont smoke.I am a healthy person. I dont have Idea what goin on, If somebody can explain to me I apreciated. Because I think this is not going to stop.Thank you
I've been having these episodes too.  I wake up screaming or yelling, and can't find what I just saw.  My heart pounds and I think I'm going to die.  What I see are usually black threads or strings, wiggling, crawling, coming down from the ceiling, up into the ceiling, out of the walls, into the walls, or crawling up the walls.  So scary.  Last night it was some sort of red tubular thing that disappeared into the wall, so freaky.  It's scary and makes me not want to go to sleep.  Its been over a tear or two now.  I never know when it'll happen.  I might go a month or two just fine and then it'll happen for (?) many days.  Might not be every night, or even every other night, its random.  I've never had this happen before, maybe its just my age (53) or maybe my bedroom is bothering me?
I didn't know so many people had this problem. Just last night I woke up and saw a massive spider. It kinda looked mutated. I immiadiately jumped out of bed and turned the light on(even though there was someone else in the room and I didn't want to wake them up).

But this isn't my first strange experience. A couple of months ago I was in the kitchen making something(can't remember what) and out of the corner of my eye I saw myself at the doorway looking at me. When I looked at the doorway nothing was there. It scared the crap outta me.

But the worst of my strange experiences came a couple of years ago. All of a sudden for no particular reason I became paranoid about spiders. I wouldn't touch somethings(Like my gate to get into my house) for fear of touching spiders As soon as I came home from school I could feel them all over my legs and I'd try and brush them off but they wouldn't go away. I looked down at my legs and It wouldn't stop. I kept searching all around my legs trying to find the spiders but they werent there. It was worse at night. I could feel spiders climbing and over me. I could hear the sound as they jumped onto my bed from my bedroom ceiling. I would see a spider falling from the roof on my face but I would close my eyes and I wouldn't feel it fall on me. When I opened my eyes again the same thing happened.

The last experience I will tell You is when I was about 6 or 7. I was in bed and I woke up and saw someone standing over me. Copmpletely still. I kept my eyes open but they didn't go away.
I thought seeing spiders at night was my medicine I am on for irregular heartbeats and high blood pressure.  Constant spiders running around on the ceiling or coming down into my face upon awakening.  I used to scream, but finally I realized that they are not real.  It started about 6 years ago.  I still get them on and off.  Two nights ago upon awakening out of a deep sleep I saw a giant black spider that was the size of a land crab running around my room.  They are getting bigger.  I focused on it for awhile realizing it wasn't real or my dog would have probably barked his head off.  My friend is a nurse and said this definitely might be related to Rapid Eye Movement, REM, so upon awakening, your eyes can still be in REM and the nerve endings in your eyes branch out like spiders, so while your eyes are moving and you are looking at the nerve endings in your eyes, it could look like a spider. I don't think so but I will ask my eye doctor.  Never thought to ask him before because I honestly thought it was a side effect of my medicine.  I better start telling the docs what's going on. They probably will say it is the medicine or go see a psych....but...there is what you call night terrors from medicine.  I tend to think it is that more than the eyes, who knows.  My one friend believes it is bad spirits in the form of spiders because of stress and being vulnerable and not having enough religion and praying to God. Wow, many different opinons. I find it amazing that so many people see spiders more than anything else so maybe this really does have something to do with the eyes because why spiders, why. Hmmmmmm.  I don't like this anymore.  
Wow this has been happen to me for about a yr now I wake a see some kind of big spider on walls some real and some some what small I love to why and what cause I thought I was crazy at times I good know in not only one this is happen too.
I have had same experiences with spiders. Your friends version of it being REM sorta makes sense to me. I take tons of medicine for irregular heartbeat, heart attack, ave a pacemaker etc. Had cateract operation twice, etc.
I seen 3 spiders last night, but I also see cartoon characters in action, such as Mickey Mouse and others. Have been made fun of, but know what I see.
Glad to see other people have ths also and that I'm not crazy.
Sounds like im not crazy. For me i see colors and shapes floating, also sounds echo in my ears. Sometimes I wake up and I can hear the TV playing when its not on. The most life like "dream" I ever had was a month or so ago and it was a gray hovering humanoid and it had gray face and black hair, it didn't have any eyes. I was freaking out when I saw it and it floated up to me and was telling me its name and not to be afraid. I woke up with the Lords Prayer screaming in my head. Other times I dream of running from zombies and stuff like that, times I get bitten and turn into one, but I never lose my humanity. Strange, I know. Anyway, im 38 years old and it never goes away.
I can barley sleep any more if anyone knows what this is tell me..... i always see dark figures and evil eyes during the night sometimes its so bad that when they choke me or do something i actually get a mark and feel it, i used to think it was a dream till one indecent when i was 17 i had a dream i was getting choked and when i opened my eyes i felt a hand around my throat but none was there and the pressure kept getting worse i couldn't breath at all. i am 19 now and every time i close my eyes i see evil things and even just looking around during the day i see people killing them selves i get told its all in my head but if so why do i get marks and feel it?
ya'll are just crazy, get some ******* sleep, AND TAKE YOUR PILLLS, if you see a spider tell her to leave you alone that she isnt supposed to be there
Hi my name is chris im 25 and had had dreams of spider on and off over the past few years. this is what i found when i serched it an july
Spiders

To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. Alternatively, a spider refers to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider in your dream, then it symbolizes misfortune and bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will be promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are also a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

To eat a spider or dream that a spider is in your mouth, symbolizes your control over a situation. You are not afraid to exert your dominance in a relationship.

check urs and lets know what ya think

I cant remember what webpage i found this. i could find all this now because i copy and pasted it to my friend on facebook who i was backpacking with for 4 months. he would see me every night waking and jumping up out of bed! past boy friends and my mother have witnessed it! i have had bad sleeping habits a long time now! late nights at weekends and i have being a few years without a fixed ruteen. i have allways being doing something different changing my mind!  the dreams of the spiders have stoped since i reliesed everything what i read about the dream was me! the last 2 relationships i was in i was in love but i wanted out, unable to break up! and my mother as much as i lover her she is such a negitive person. im still getting crazy dreams(not spiders) i wake up a lot mostly when im not in a ruteen and on the move. it leaves me wrecked :( im in australia now i was in sydney for 3 months now in melbourne. it took me a wile to settle in in sydney but i managed after about 3/4 weeks. i was still in a relationship which was so hard! i eventually broke up after about 9 weeks in then my patteren started again waking up a lot of time per night! im still not settled in melbourne. im working in a bar but i feel my dreams are related to my toughts and not feeling relaxed. let me know if thats any help to you. or if you would like to talk mail me and i could give you my skype add.
i know the feeling!!

***@****
chris :)

xx
From the age of 3 or 4 I started with nightmares. They started off by me waking up screaming and been terrified, these went on for years. Back in 2006 I went to Cornwall for a family holiday, I can remember having around 3 different energy drinks a few hours before I went to bed. That night I got up in my sleep and ran down some stairs and trashed the place. In my head I thought there was a ghost chasing me and I felt asthough I was trapped. After that incident my nightmares became more intense, I would get sleep parallasis, I would think I was choking on something and I would start spitting, I would think that there was spiders or snakes in my bed and I would run and jump out of the room and sometimes I think that the roof is caving in and that I am trapped in a confined space. I have noticed all of my dreams are ''fears''. Around a year ago I went into a local reptile shop and The owner had a 7ft Boa constrictor out, bare in mind I was terrified of snakes. She asked me if I wanted to hold it ''I said no way'' She said ''It wont bite'' So in the end I did have a hold. Believe this or not but the following day I went and bought a Royal Python. To start off with I was scared around it and eventually now I basically let it do whata it wants round me. I know own 4 snakes and I have no fear, which means no Snake dreams. That story was to show must of our nightmares are fears. But anyways Around 6 month ago I came down with severe Anxiety/border line depression and the intensity of my dreams increased 10 fold. I what wake up and I would feel pure freaked out over a simple thought, nothing scary but it freaked me out for atleast 10minutes, I have not had one of these for age, but last night I woke up and another simple thought and I freaked out and I feel terrified. I know my sleep disorder has something to do with my fears and problems I'm having in life, but I'm wanting to know how this can be treated as I have had enough. I have had bad sleep for around 18yr and life is to short to suffer from something so stupid. I have had relaxtion therapy, CBT, medication and other forms of therapy. Although CBT got me through my anxious/depressed peroid I still have these strange and terrifiying dreams. I'm glad to see that I am not the only person suffering from this problem as I though I was mentally crumbling.
You are all experiencing whatthe psycho babblers call Sleep Paralysis and Hallucinations brought on by Lack of oxygen to the brain  or vital signs dropping below normal before sleep.
I don't believe that for a second.

There are people who know about these exact word for word "symptoms". They are called Light Workers. They believe that the sudden onset or increase of these symptoms has to do with the unconscious sensitivity of people to a well documented cosmic event coming up in December they call the Ascension. You are being called by creation to evolve your HIgher Self and Senses and this is a way of getting your attention. I know , it sound weird but i have had these issues with sleep for the past two years only. I don't belive for a second i have SUDDENLY developed sleep APNEA at the age of 30. The doctors and psychiatrist and counselors were quick to diagnose and prescribe drugs but  None  of that stuff worked. It  made the night terrors worse. Only taking care of it in a spiritual way worked. it's a hard road but i am so happy i took it, now i don't have terrors anymore.

The best advice I can give to everyone here is to "look at your hands" during any of these episodes. Try very hard to look down at your hands, it will give you a sense of control over the situation. Trust me. Second hold the wish in your heart as you fall asleep to be helped or assisted in stopping the scary episodes so that you can see the benefit of the experiences. ask fro Saint Michael to help you. This is HUGELY important in getting over these symptoms. There are people who exist to help you through this, but until you ask them to intercede they usually don't. and third, there is NOTHING in creation that can hurt you unless you give it permission. Doing nothing is permission of a kind. Ask the ascended masters for guidance before bed every night and watch the miracle unfold in your life.
hey guys! this same stuff happens to me, usually if i sleep after drinking banana tropical smoothies. but it has happened other times.. it happened a lot when i was hiding my secret boyfriend from my parents. so i think it was a side affect of being paranoid of them finding out. the first time i was sleeping in my room and i saw a huge skinny spider hanging across the room. i jumped up and ran downstairs and told my mom. then i fell asleep on the couch and woke up and the same spider was on the ceiling. i said "mom! do you see the spider? do you see it?" and she said no. then it faded away. it was never there. next i was asleep on the couch a different day. my dad woke me up and there were spiders on his face. i started hyperventilating and he said "snap out if it!" because he knew i was seeing spiders. then i looked again and they were gone. I sleep in a bunk bed and sometimes i see them crawling up a web onto the bottom of the second bunk, right above my face. i wake up saying "OH MY GOSH! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" ive tried to hit them with my hand, with a pillow- smashing it over and over. but i look and there is nothing there. they look so real. its weird because im not particularly afraid of spiders.. i wish someone could tell me what was wrong without thinking im a complete psycho. but its good to know that it happens to other people too. its terrifying. and im afraid i could hurt myself when i jump out of bed and run right when i wake up. my heart gets pounding so fast and its hard to go back to sleep after i realize it was not there.
Okay. I read like the first half of the comments, and then I thought I'd add my story to the mix (there are just too many comments for me to read them all and there are mostly common threads throughout all of them). I am a 26 year old male. I used to experience Hypnic Jerk sporadically as I'd start to fall asleep. This is the sensation of falling and the automatic jerk reaction your body gives to it. It wakes you up and normally it takes a little while to go back to sleep. I probably had this issue when I was like 16-19 or so... during that period.

Within the last year or so, I've started experiencing hypnopompic hallucinations. The first one I can remember happened after I took some hydrocodone/codeine for a kidney stone I had. I woke up and swore I could see insects crawling around, but after a little while, I realized that they weren't really there. Since that experience, I've had similar experiences a handful of times. It has become rather commonplace now, and it always involves insects (mostly spiders). I'll wake up in a panic every time. I can see them, I can feel them crawling on me sometimes, and I jump out of bed only to realize that it's happening again.

Last night, I saw a very large dark spider crawling in my sheets as I woke up frightened. I flipped over my sheets, hopped out of bed, and turned on a light. I then moved the sheets around just to make sure, but there was nothing there. Then I started searching for this type of stuff since it's happened to me quite a bit.

From what I can find, it appears to be more common in people who do not get enough sleep or have irregular sleep schedules. It's also more common in people who are under a lot of stress. Well, I'm in my first year of law school and finals are approaching. Stress and irregular sleep are something I'm quite familiar with... and I've been having these issues probably a couple of times per week lately.

I don't take any meds (other than an occasional Ibuprofen for headaches). I drink more caffeine than I should, which I saw listed as a contributing cause in one article. Anyways, if you're having these hallucinations, I would suggest trying to de-stress before bed, lessening/eliminating your caffeine intake, and getting in to a regular sleep schedule. I'm going to try to do those things, and I hope it goes away. I'm a little nervous by the posts of people who started by seeing spiders and later saw beings and more vivid things. Hopefully I can stop it before it gets to that point.
hi my name is latrice i have been seeing ghost 4 a long time i was 4 when i was seeing ghost iam 18 still seeing ghost all the time to me is hallween
I have been trying to find a solution to my sleeping problem and am glad to find that im not the only one that experiences these episodes.
Ive had these episodes for a few years now.
one of which when i was younger i had a bunk bed and i was dreaming i was lost somewhere and i couldnt see where i was going and was feeling the wall for guidance only to wake up and i was walking on my bed with my eyes closed which scared the hell out of me that i could have fallen and broken my neck.
Ive also woken up from a dream where i thought my friends were coming to visit me and i immedietley started cleaning my room and it was the middle of the night then i would go back to sleep realising i was dreaming.
maybe i have a very over active imagination but most of my episodes do scare me to a point. i kept dreaming there was someone in my room and i would constantly switch my lights on in a panic and i would do this 3 or 4 times in one night.
some of them are funny which involved friends where i would wake them up ad ask them various questions concerning events that happened in my dream and they thought i was nuts and sleepwalking/talking but i would always remember in the morning what i did
After reading this, I too want to chime in and say--yes, in these cases, you are seeing things with your third eye. It's totally natural and a gift. However, you can shut your third eye down if you don't want to see things, once you learn some simple exercises. I pray to Archangel Michael before I go to sleep to guard the room, and to insert four angels in the four corners of the room. Then I ask him to bathe my bed in white and silver light. I then envision my third eye closing, like one would shut ones literal eyes to sleep. If I do this, I don't see anything. If I don't, then I tend to see similar things as are described here (less scary stuff, mostly spiders and shapes and even starfish at one point).
Hello my name is Jess, i'm a 17, (turning 18 next week) year old girl and I have also been experiencing this. I am glad I found this because before I thought it was just me I didn't know if it was real or not.
When I have this happen to me it is mostly always insects I see, like spiders; huge, small and loads, in my bed on my body dangling in front of me from the ceiling etc. Once though, a couple of months ago I woke up to find a huge man dressed as a clown floating down towards me from the ceiling. I think these are called hypnagogic hallucination but i'm not sure.
I really want to know why these are happening and how to prevent them.
I hate this and i'm always scared to sleep the next night incase it happens again.
Also now i have started waking up screaming, heart racing, sweating, panicking and i'm absoulutely terrified of something but I don't know what it is, because I can't remember any dream or why I would be scared. This is really affecting me and I feel bad too because my brother and sister have woken up a few times too when I scream. :(
Well thank God i don't see spiders like everyone else.I hate spiders. I as-well as m wife see the shadow figure in our bedroom. The last i saw it i just starred at it for a minute before i realized that something really weird was happening. i was screamed my wife's name name but no sound came out. i tried again and again, and finally it came out soft and got louder, she woke up and i explained what i saw. My emotions were kind of screwed up. Today was a totally different experience. i was starting to wake up from a long sleep. I heard some very strange voices on the left side of my bed, i was facing the opposite side. It's hard to describe but i'll try. They were sort of like tones with a tick sound at end of tone sound. i don't know how but i knew there was something communicating with something else.I don't know how either but i also felt that there were three of these things in the room. at first i wondered if it was my cell phone, i had the ringer off and was set to vibrate, i had to check it to make sure, but there were no missed calls,text's or notifications. when i first heard these voices i became very alert, i didn't move, only listened. It seemed like they repeated what was said the first time, so i rolled over really fast and whatever was there was gone. or not visible to me. I still felt like something was still there. I'm 31, i smoke. I don't drink or take any drug's or medication. I'd really like if we could all sit down together and find similarities of what we do or eat or w/e ect to find out exactly what it is that cause's everyone to be seeing these spiders ect.(but i know that would be really hard to do.) I would be willing to write detailed form's to be filled out by each person.Because getting everyone to a conference call would be impossible. But i would like to gather this information and find similarities, and maybe a root of the problem. Contact me at jnjdavis527 at hotmail .com ( If enough people are willing to take part in this i will put together this questionnaire)
a black spider means you bin cursed its real you bin cursed.
sorry too tell you this/
have you ever done any witch graft or any spiritual games / have you ever stolen anything from someone / a black spider dreams  in me country tare tell us if you dream a spider attacking you or a spider when waking up / you bin cursed / or you must visit a family member on the grave Jard and live a flower.
tare its actuality some one how can help tell him your problems his a very young man but his spiritual and hi helps people for free. hi can see spirits since the birth you may find him on Facebook. i found him
long time ago his born 1983 Mevludin Ramadanovic.
IAM A SURVIVER OF THE JOPLIN TORNADO.AND FOR SOME REASON EVER SINCE IT HAPPENED MY GIRLFRIEND IS PARANOID,SHE IS BEING ATTACKED IN HER DREAMS,I WAKE UP THINKING THERES SPIDERS PROBING ME,AND MY KIDS ARE CONSTANTLY SICK WITH RASHES,HEADACHES,CHEST PAINS,COLD,VOMMITING.COULD THE GAS AND MATERIALS IN THE AIR AFTER THE TORNADO BE CAUSING THIS
i have been experiencing stuff like this since i can remember... i have dreams that feel so real i wake up and don't even remember who i am for a while... i have nightmares almost everynight in the summer and have woken up numerous times to weird hallucinations which sometimes don't go away even when the light is on... some are really creepy like the worst i woke up to a black dotted transparent (the dots made the sahape the rest was see through) reaching towards me and i watched it till it was about to touch me and i sat up it pulled away then otheres i had where random like a toaster hovering in my room being made to fly by a spatula moving back and forth ??? and a floating purple cow which remained in the sorner of my room after turning of the light and waking up my boyfriend... i don't do drugs, don't have a drinking problem or any mental health problem (unless there is something to do with dreams i don't know about). i have lucid dreams where i know i am dreaming and am in the dream as if i were awake but i can't control the dream just what i am doing (which path i will take, what i will say etc..). lately i have been having dreams where a voice is telling me secrets as well as some demon nightmares... the last bad nightmare my boyfriend and i went to bed and died in our sleep from bubbles in our spines caused from drinking bad wine and then we adopted this creepy baby coz we died but were alive looking after the peoples baby. the baby was ok at first but it had demon like teath and talked... it ended up being really evil but we couldn't get rid of it coz it was just a baby... the weird voice dreams other then that... there was a demon in our cupboard i think talking to me in that nightmare... last weird dream i was looking at four of those old scuba diving costumes and there was a voice telling me i had to face my fear to look inside the scuba suit to discover the worlds truths so i walked to the first suit and saw the sun and it was flarring like fireballs coming from it and the voice told me that ufos where in the flares... then when i went to the next mask i woke up... i have also had terible night terrors. the ones when your laying in bed and its caused by being awake yet asleep/rem dreaming or something... i will be looking at the waall/door what ever is in front of me and i can't move then i start to panic coz you think something is in the room near the hallway then you think it is in the hall way and you try scream but no sound comes out and you try hit the peson next to you to wake them but you cant move and then you jump awake of a black shadow comes towards you.... these are apparently quite common and my mum and little brother get them as well... the dreaming runs in the family... i have thought of seeing a doctor... if anyone knows what causes this please let me know... i am completely sane during the day time but at night my imagination seems to want to drive me insane some nights i wake up and can't sleep for hours walking around the house like im still asleep and jumping at everything...
i also had the spider dream once and kept twitching awake every few minutes the rest of the night following the nightmare... i am now more scared of spiders then i used to be
Omg! Last night this happened to me for the first time. Im 19. I had just fallen asleep and about 20me mins later i work up screaming that a HUGE black spider was crawling on my boyfriend's face! In my head/ version, my boyfriend was making noises about the spider and that is what woke me up to see the spider but he said i just started screaming for no reason about a spider. It was really scary. Ive always, always, always had trouble falling asleep at night and i have to sleep with my mouth open because i feel like I dont get enough oxygen in through my nose.

Anyway, it is soooo weird that we all see giant spiders and insects. I hope someone figures this out!
To see a spider in your dream indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. Alternatively, a spider refers to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider in your dream, then it symbolizes misfortune and bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will be promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are also a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship.�It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship. If you eat a spider or dream that a spider is in your mouth symbolizes your control over a situation. You are not afraid to exert your dominance in a relationship.
i'm 19 years old (female) and just had my first spider vision.

i had just fallen asleep and heard my boyfriend make a funny noise, i look over and there is a huge spider crawling on his face!!
i started screaming and freaking out!!

however, i have had a weird connection with my dreams since a night when I was little. I saw a shadow man walk into my grandma's room. the next day I asked her why her friend came over so late that night and she just got really scared and said it was a dream.

ever since then, and i know this sounds crazy, i have dreams about places and then at some point later on in my life, i go to them. especially major events in my life, ie, my college's student center was once an airport in my dream. it's easy to draw that metaphor...
anywho, this has happened so often my family just ignores me, so i went to a psychic. she told me my dreams were eventually going to be the end of me ( cause my death).

scary ****.

also, gthis may seem irrelevant, but I get these cuts on my back (more like 1 ) always in the same spot, always in a PERFECT straight line. this has happened over a few years and it isn't my bra/me scratching. it is too deep to be a scratch from a fingernail, but it isn't too deep....

anyway, I just kinda wanted to put my story out there so if anything ever happens, i'll have my story written down..

Dude, if you woke up an saw mice and spiders and went back to sleep, you really saw mice and spiders.
I experience the same thing with spiders. It drives me crazy because I will spend hours searching for them & franticly cleaning my room. No one seems to know what this is or how to stop it. I just want to know how I can distinguish the difference between my imagination & reality. Pls add me to yahoo "kkoutaz" if you hav info
This has been happening to me as long as I can remember...my first sleep walking experience I was around 6y/o. I walked across my entire neighborhood while it was raining outside...I remembered everything afterwords and still remember it like it was yesterday. I also remember thinking I had an imaginary friend a middle aged man...which now I think this may have been someone in my dreams as a kid. I always had reoccurring dreams as a child too. Now I am almost 30 and my dreams are getting worse the older I get. I see people...black objects floating, spiders, bugs, fire, you name it I see it...my husband says I wake up talking to people...I jump out of bed screaming. I have went as far as to jump out of the bed with my child and run through my house thinking someone is after us.  I don't know if it's all in my head but it seems like right before I fall a sleep I hear the strangest noises. My mother also did this until she was in her mid 40's. I have read most of the posts and most all sound a like and most are all in there mid 20's it seems like.
Look up Hypnagogia and Hypnopompia....Transitional states of consciousness between sleep and wakefulness.
OMG Im not alone! I felt like I was going crazy, I see spiders and balloons usually the balloon is rising to the ceiling. and the spider is on my pillow or dangling in front of my face. I scream and turn on the light. this has been happening since I was a child! when I was little it used to be people in my closet. what is going on! I hear things as I wake up sometimes too.
Wow , I'm 16 and I get the exact same symptoms. Usually its spiders but sometimes its big snakes , and my sister usually wakes up to me screaming or crying. Then she willl say "are you okay"and I will realize its not real and just go straight back to sleep. Although sometimes instead of bugs ill wake up and see lights and little glowing balls and wierd things floating around the room.anyways I'm glad I'm not the only one .
I can't believe this same exact things that I've been going through is happening to so many people. I also have these experiences mostly with spiders. I've been having them since I can remember, probably like 6 or 7 years old. I would freak out my family a lot because I really thought these things were real and I would jump out of my sleep screaming, running and trying to get whatever it is off of me. I've even made my sister cry when we were young because she was once so scared. I saw and still do see spiders, large shadows of animals, weird images floating over me, people staring at me, images moving fast across a room that I couldn't identify and other things that I don't understand. I'm now 26 and the images just keep getting more intense as I get older.  I now have a 3 year old and sometimes I pick him up and run out of a room. I've even injured my knee one time trying to jump out of bed. I'm sleepy throughout the day and sleeping pills do not help me with this issue. I don't understand why this is happening but I'm glad that I'm not the only one. Hopefully, we'll figure out what the problem is so a solution can be presented.
Hello! I have had dreams of a huge aggressive spider since I was five. I've never been to the dr. I would sleep walk and have the dream of the spider but as I got older now 27 the sleep walking has happened less. The spider dreams .occur at times that im stressed or a major change in my routine. Im trying to learn more about sleep walking because even though my dreams occur less often then when I was younger, my spider dreams have gotten more intense. I also will wake up during the dream and same symptoms. Im aware of the dream but have several mins of believing the spider is real!
Ya I know wat u mean iv had this werd dream for a long time its about a strange man that tickles me an its like torture and I cant breath go with a parent wen u r scard
This is epic, all these ppl! Okay so I had one of my bug episodes last nite round 3am that drove me to just search the internet and this forum was only thing I found remotely close to my symptoms. Thank u to Sak521 for having the balls to tell ur story and being a gateway for 100s of others to tell their story. And I also have had times where. I jerk while just going into my sleep b/c it feels like Im falling or just mis a step off a sidewalk or something. Ive been having these delusions more frequent w/ bugs mainly spiders. I've had a few episodes w/in the last 2yrs where I seen someone standing over my bed, I eventually built up this paranoia @ nite unable to sleep and sleep fine during the day. But the this whole bug thing now just annoying as hell. Jumping out my bed trying to find something thats not there. And I've read just about every reply to the date and nothing really explains why so many ppl have these hallucination about big *** spiders. I need answers and just so surprise w/this being a med forum why there aren't more  Dr.'s giving a real or logical explaination for this epic phenomenon that's happening to so many ppl.
You know, I thought I was the only pne experiencing these things. Sometime I wake up seeing frogs, or even the objects in my room talk or move. I see it I get scared, jump out of bed, realize I'm just being retarded and fall back asleep. One time I woke up seeing and humanly figure stand in in the corner by my door. Even the littlest of things scare me like seeing a frog when I wake up.
I have had various events during sleep. I wake up and see bugs or snakes or something in the bed - or last night I was standing by the toilet and saw bugs running all over it - they quickly disappeared. I believe what I have been seeing is (as someone earlier described) the back of my eye and the blood vessels etc - which take various shapes. I know that this is so because they are so regular in shape and when the lights come on - they disappear. I also recalled when I had my eyes examined and you can see types of these shapes. I also have seen people etc but wake to find that it was a shape in my closet or something hanging nearby.
I have been experiencing waking up during sleep and jumping over my partner to the other side of bed .Sometimes just checking the rooms in my sleep .Just once a voice calling my partners name and we both heard it .Somebody sitting over head board and asking me to wake up as i missed the alarm.All i want to say is i have done lot of reading on out of body experinces/past life regression  and how to do it and even try doing it .I have come to belive everything we experience is true but we are in another dimension ,quite complicated .but to make it simple we are actually travelling out of our body and doing stuff ,meeting people .I think i even saw a small ufo looking at me when i was asleep near my bed  .we would never find out whats happening but rather than running away from it or getting scared ,we approach all this with a open mind and there is a whole lot dimensions or parallel world out there .
my main thing is that i start seeing this glistening dust/spider web stuff.  almost looks like energy/heat coming from my body or something, i see trails, it all looks wavy and i thought i was just seeing things, but then i decided to collect it with my hand and i can actually see it changing mass.  sometimes i took some off my wall and some off another object in the room to mix the two, and i can clearly see the effects that make this seem completely real.  i'm wondering if this has something to do with pupil dilation or something with the eyes cuz it's hard to focus once you're at the highest dose level, you cant zom/focus, so does that mean that my eyes change into a different state where i dont have some sort of layer working and it makes me able to see particles floating within the space/room, like dust or something, i know there is an insane amount of dust in the air, but while im under the influence, does this open up some receptors in my eyes to see it with more detail?
I am 29 and I am also experiencing spiders on walls when I wake up.  By the time I am fully awake they are gone, disappearing before my eyes.  I read somewhere that your brain produces DMT whilst sleeping, and I also read that people that use this substance while awake (which I don't do) apparently see entities that are out of phase with our reality.  These spiders seem so real, but I have watched them 'evaporate' right in front of me.  Thought I was going crazy, but apparently I am not the only one seeing these things.  Are they real? (out of phase somehow?) or are they something pulled out of my dreamscapes into reality for a few seconds?? FREAKY.
Ok what your all experiencing is something i call The Sum Of All Fears and i've been having these experiences since the age of 9. Im 26 now and the reason i named them SOAF for short is because that's what they are! There your fears from bad encounters or just being scared of the subject eg. Spiders, fire etc. The only way to beat these dreams is to face whatever it is that's haunting you. So if it's a spider you need to face it face to face like holding one.

Fire means your afraid of death like EVERYONE! The reason your seeing fire is because (As sceptical as you may be) your afraid of what lies on the other side when you pass and as you may have guessed means your afraid you may go to hell. Im an atheist and im afraid of that, because, well we don't know what waits for us on the other side.

The Black Voids represent the fear of the unknown. Though the voids seem colourful at times there just darkness. Everyone is afraid of the Dark and why? Because it's unknown and we humans fear what we do not understand. These voids will never harm you in anyway and there is no way of getting rid of them.

Dead/Deformed/Demonic bodies are signs of evil/bad things. This means that if you see them then you need to seek help from a Doctor. If these visions get worse you slowly loose your grip on reality. This will most likely end with suicide, self harm and injuring/killing loved ones.
Crazy how many people have this going on. I've been having these experiences for years now. Its getting much worse. Lately I've been seeing like this Sea Urchin type thing when I open my eyes half asleep. (Sounds crazy I know) Its just floating there moving around. I think its some type of neuralgic thing because it gets worse around sinus season. When my sinuses act up I get these spells where I cant think straight, Feel dizzy, blurred vision etc. Anyone have any real solid health disorders that can cause these symptoms? I don't think its "supernatural" at all, I think somethings wrong with me. I've tried to research it and cant find any real disorders that cause these symptoms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphenes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_hallucinations
oh and for the people that are referring to hallucinations after sleep...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompia
Those who wake up and are seeing large spiders (daddy longleg?) on the wall  -are seeing into the spiritual realm, ( dimension)  at night.
Sounds strange, but I have heard that our vision
processing doesn't block out certain light waves
when we first wake up.
Another possibility is some of you may have accidentally picked up an unclean spirit
and the problems associated with it - such annoyed when you first
when we first wake up.
and the problems associated with it - such as annoyed when you first lay down at night.
In any case, try talking aloud about God or Christ
to see if whatever is causing this problem flees the room.
My name is mandie, and when I was maybe 6-12, I would wake up in the mornings and my parents would tell me that I was sleep walking.  I would come down the steps, into the living room, through the dinning room, into the kitchen, talking to myself.  I had no recollection of any of it when I woke.  Throughout middle school and high school friends would tell me that i would talk in my sleep, but i had stopped sleepwalking.  In college friends have told me i would mumble nonsense in  my sleep, and sometimes even laugh, but I never remember it.  Now 22, I am visiting my parents, and had fallen asleep on the couch last night.  From what I remember I was in my living room, with people I am comfortable with, but don't necessarily know who they were, they began to walk into my kitchen and I followed them yelling for them to wait for me. Mid-calling for them to wait, I realized I had been asleep and was calling to no one.  I dont really know when I realized I was doing this in my sleep.  I felt akward with myself, and walked back to the couch I had been asleep on, and went back to bed.  But I have felt confused all day long as to what happened to me.  Does anyone have anything similar, or can tell me what happened to me?
I have had this all my life, it started when I was really young and I could hear chorus singing then I couldnt move or scream and I have to force myself out of it and its stressed me out ever since.  i'll wake up and be half awake half asleep and swear that someone it standing at the door way, or something will come flying towards me and i'll scramble to try and get away, it freaks my boyfriend out and he gets angry at me. I don't know what to do, I wonder if its night terrors? I've also has seeing spiders, and its felt like they are there, and have woken up not being able to move and I try to scream and nothing comes out. It makes sleeping really hard then i'm tired all the time because i'm anxious something is going to happen! I spoke to a psychic about it and shes like "ask them what they want" and I'm like I honestly don't think about that when I see it I just try and get away as quickly as I can. Although it makes me feel a little better that other people are experiencing the same thing its currently causing a riff in my relationship so i'm just gonna go to a doctor and see what they say.
Jesse, it sounds to me like sleep paralysis.  I thought I had night terrors for years along with the crazy dreams and hallucinations upon falling asleep and waking up and discovered that it was part of UARS and Narcolepsy.  Go see your primary care doctor and/or sleep specialist for an evaluation.  
Wow, I am so suprised that so many people have the same problem. I have had this problem for about a year now.

It started off with spiders, I would see huge ones on my walls, on my bed on the floor, it is really scarry, after a few months instead of seeing spiders i seen my daughter floating above her cot which really scared me, i was worried it was a sign something was going to happen to her, it has now gone back to being spiders though and thankfully my daughter is ok, nothing has happened to her. I see these things when I am asleep, i then wake up and even get out of bed but i can still see them. I try to hit the spiders with things and it really makes me panic. Countless times I have woke up my husband shouting at him to help and kill the spiders and he says there is nothing there which kind of makes me annoyed because to me they are there. When i was seeing my daughter floating i used to shout to her and try to reach her to pull her back down into her cot.

The only way I stop seeing these things is when I turn on the light. It used to be just once a night but it has become more frequent, its now 3 - 4 times a night. I feel stupid telling anyone about it because it does sound wierd but I have an appoinment to see my doctor tomorrow about this.

I thought before I go I would see if I could find something on-line about it and thats how i found this site. I will post on hear again after I have spoken to my doctor, and inform people about what i was told.  

Hope you all get something sorted soon!
I have seen my doctor about this it used to happen to me every single night. a normal nights sleep would be waking up 2 or 3 times in the night and seeing people, seeing objects and being scared out of my wits! I saw my doctor and he prescribed me Mirtazipine. Since i have taken 1 of these tablets before sleep this issue has never occured again. What the doctor told me causes this is not fully going into a deep sleep and staying inbetween deep sleep and light sleep. Mirtazipine has been my saviour. Please see a doctor and try and get a course of this drug.
for everyone having these sleeping problems,

i used to have this when i was younger  i saw snakes that were under my bed and coming out of the doorway. just a few days ago i woke up in the middle of the night and saw a really freaky looking wolf it was disfigured which made it look even worse.

( i know this isn't about dreams but i am going to get there|)  so to start off i want to say i have been experimenting with the subject of dreams because not many people even care about them. and yet we spend around half of our lives sleeping

so what do they mean? why do we have them? do they mean anything? can we CONTROL them?

so here are the facts that i have figured out over these couple of years.

we have different states of mind, when we go to sleep its like a light sleep and a deep sleep simply

we actually have multiple dreams every time we go to sleep for the night. now every time we have a dream or have these weird visions its because we were woken up. see your brain gets into like a habit of waking up at a certain time.

if you wake up every day for work at say 7:30 and you do that EVERY DAY for a little while your brain tones to wake up at 7:30 even if you don’t mean to. ( just like our body tones when we workout everyday)

SO when you get into this habit (it can be whatever time)  you wont have a dream ( or these visions). the reason for this is because when you are woken up out of your normal time, like if theirs a noise or just of something wakes you up.

i have figured out that we have dreams every multiple of 3 hours (except for when we are in the light stage (2 hours) and deep stage like i explained earlier.)

(for the people who are seeing things when you wake up)

when you first go to sleep ,time yourself, if you plan to only have a nap do it in  under 2 hours. you are going to sleep for a long time? do it other then 3 or 6 or 9 hours.  Time yourself to sleep for  4 and a half hours 7 and a half hours ect..

now if you WANT to "have" a dream, time yourself (set an alarm) to wake you up right when one of those 3 hour multiple periods are over. give yourself 15-30 min to fall asleep

now for the people who are sleepwalking.

there are two different types of dreams 1 a normal dream and 2  a lucid dream

a lucid dream is simply being able to do what you want in a dream, having control.
i am not going to go into the detail of how to have one unless somebody asks me..

when you realize you are walking somewhere and you cant distinguish if it is a dream or not just sit down and keep calm. meditate, it actually works. don’t open your eyes

for the people who are seeing things when you wake up.  Get ahold of yourself, know they arent real its just a shadow out of the nightmare you just had but cant remember (thankfully.)

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Sleep-Hypnagogia-Awareness/226782080741497

As a fellow sufferer I have created this page for people who have the same "condition" to join an share experiences, concerns and help each other learn we're not insane!! I've literally just created it now (5:03am!) so it's a little sparse at the moment. Please join and connect with other people who suffer the same thing.

Thank you!
As everyone else in this post I have a similar problem:
I wake up in the middle of a dream, seeing my room as it is but with other people there; it starts getting darker and darker and people go away; so I stay alone still dreaming but conscient and  see the doors and windows being closed, turning into walls, as if there are no more exits, and I start to panic.
After start taking Rivotril these episodes stopped.
I am the same and my partner thinks I'm going mad!! I wake up petrified thinking spider/s are coming down from the ceiling or from the side of my bed, sometimes they are in the corner of the room. I scared my partner so much because I wake up so suddenly and usually say something like "it's over there" I jump on him sometimes where I'm so scared and feel its 100% real until I really concentrate and realise Its not real!!! I had one last night were I woke up hitting the wall where I thought it was... I remember everything I do and I feel like I'm awake and I know what I'm doing but it's not real ?????
I'm married as well and live in fl . I have the same happen to me dead on with weirdkid  I'm not sure what to think anymore other than I am crazy. I guess I might be up all night reading other post . Then I'll post my experience. I'm so weirded out just thinking about it. It's 10 pm and my son whom is 4 is sitting up with me because my emotions are so intense in my heart right now. He is the only reason I keep my sanity I believe. My husband is already sleep. I'll write again in a few hours I suppose this will take awhile to read everyones post. I do feel like time slips from me to often and things happen out of my control. I am feeling like need to pray more.
I also used to be on the same meds! I have a appointment next week to go back on meds! I have same things goin on with me
Yes I oversleep. By morning time I'm ready to sleep even harder than I would through the nigh. Idk if it's because I have such desturbing nights but in morning I feel so stuck. I can't get up some mornings and feel noshes. Like very dizzy
Hi, I had the same experiences as you and many others on this page.  It is all behind me now.  These are real and what you\re seeing is real.  Please read and research about Jinn, a creation that God made out  of smokeless fire, as we are made from clay/earth.  There are good and evil ones just like in the human race. What is troubling you are the evil ones, they are quoted as appearing in spider, black dog, snake, shadow forms. If you don't seek the truth and resolve this, it will never end.  Thank God, I am finally free of them. It's been 3yrs now, since I have last entered one, after over 10 years of going out of my mind, being afraid to sleep.  May you seek refuge in God from all evil.
I have been having dreams like some of yall, but last night was my first real one that is freaking me out & i still havent found answers. Well i had this weird dream with a lot of crazy things going on like i was kind of flying and a whole bunch of junk then at the end i was kissing this guy in my dream then i woke up ( well at least I think) & the shadow of the guy or whatever was there and i felt the kiss, it took a few seconds to move & then i jumped up and went to sleep in the living room with my niece and grandma. I was so scared. I ended up fallin back to sleep and having another dream, & it was some guy in my dream who was possessed so I kept say I love God or something like that and then I woke up. & while I was trying to go back to sleep, I was feeling real anxious and felt something was watching me. And few days before this Ive been having a lot of nightmares. & to me it seems to all started since my friend passed away. Like the other day I had a dream of my deceased friend, it was just a regular day like how it was when he was alive but I knew he was dead but i dont know if in my dream he knew it but i knew it & then at the end of the dream he said something about demons and I woke up. So ive been terrified since then. Please can i get help about these dreams I had. email me at edgell.***@****
The answer is: JINN.  
That's what they are!  Research JINN.   You'll find all the answers to your questions and a cure if you're willing to have an open mind.
I have a slightly different spin on this, and hopefully a little advice that might help some people.  I've been experiencing these exact same "hallucinations" with spiders and people and floating objects for 6 1/2 years (I'm 32 now).  The first one I had was a man kneeling over me in my bed.  I thought it was a ghost.  Two days later I found out that I was pregnant with my first child.  I have been pregnant 3 times since then, and EVERYTIME I'm pregnant the hallucinations are WAY more frequent.  I assume this means that hormones are involved.

Also, after the birth of my last child, I had the baby in my bedroom for 7 mths, and NEVER had one of these hallucinations.  At the time I thought that my subconscience kept me from having them, so I wouldn't wake up the baby.  But now, after some experimentation, I've discovered that it wasn't the baby, but the presence of a nightlight and sound machine.  Last night, my son turned off the nightlight in my room, and I immediately had two episodes (although, these mimicked adult night terrors with intense screaming, as opposed to the hallucinations described on this forum).  As soon as I turned the light on, I slept through the night.  I find that a lamp or nightlight makes a big difference, and a sound machine helps, too.  Hope this helps someone out there!
it's funny, there are like a zillion people here telling us the same thing but nobody tries to diagnose it or give suggestions... except that last woman. Ive almost experienced all those things (spiders, hovering "light orbs", strange patterns on the walls,... cats... don't know why, I'm not afraid of cats) and was kinda curious as to what it was... but i guess ill look elsewhere
ive just witnessed  very lucid dream that consisted of (story time) me on the toilet and a giant sider tries to crawl up the outside of the bowl, i killed it with a random sock i had, then it turns into 3 leatherjackets (those freaky house flies with 4 wings), i kill those with that same sock, then they turn into my most hated thing of all, 2 bees, so i run out of the bathroom in an unknown house(i didnt know it when i was in the dream), i try to get away from the 2 bees by making my way to the other bathroom but on the way i see my grandmother(she is now 2 years passed), in that dream i thought she was still alive, she go up and my face lit up because who doesnt like seeing their grandma, she said" i just want to see if you can still give your grandma a good hug", i gave her the best hug ive given in my whole life and she said"lie down and we will talk about ram in computers"(i know its weird), i had my hand around my grandma's back and we started to walk to the living room couches, i broke free of it and walked away in the dream.

now the taking apart!!
-i had an experience of a large spider crawling up the toilet bowl when i was very young.
-i hate letherjackets, whenever i see one i have to kill it
-i cannot stand bees so i ran out of the washroom
-i love my grandma so i gave her a hug(obviously)
-she said the ram thing because i am a huge computer geek
-i dont know why i pulled away from her but i did
-when i awoke i was paralyzed, i didnt see anything but when i was looking at the ceiling one of my guitars shifted position(never happens)
-then i hear slight creaks in my floor by the shifted guitar
-i turn on the light to find nothing, now im posing this to find a way to stop these dreams, but my grandma said"i hope you can still give your grandma a good hug"(now im crying) why did she say that if she didnt already know she has passed away, im athiest and try not to believe in this stuff but this was so lucid. after i heard the creaks in the floor and the guitar shifting i got scared and had this paranoid feeling that it was my grandmother so i said "goodby grandma, i love you"(now im balling), i hope someone can tell me whats going on because this is not reoccurring and im very freaked out

now the taking apart!!
that is crazy! The same thing keeps happening to me! The worst one was hundreds of baby spiders! I dont know why they are always spiders either! I get up and start trying to find the web they were on...i turn on the light..and i have a 10month old that sleeps in the same bedroom so i have woken her up! I dont know why its always spiders!!!
Hi, this is a year later, so I don't know if you'll see this. I have bipolar disorder, but didn't find this out until after I was with the guy who fathered my child. While we were together, we smoked a lot of marijuana, which has been found to trigger the illness (that's besides the point). Regardless, he has issues, but I have the diagnosed illness and have been in and out of the hospital, taking medication, etc... I saw hallucinations, heard things, and experienced schizo-effective (meaning symptoms of schizophrenia, not the diagnosis though) all associated with severe mania, as part of the bipolar disorder. The point is this: while he and I were together, even when we weren't smoking pot, some VERY weird things were happening between us because after I became pregnant I didn't smoke or drink and took very good care or myself. These were odd, unworldly, supernatural occurances that I cannot explain and looking back I am CERTAIN they were spiritual attacks. That being said, with my personal beliefs and upbringing, I know without a doubt that I was walking a very dangerous line in that relationship--not to say that is/was the case with you--he was abusive. That being said, I believe in God and His protection against the enemy of our souls. Best wishes.
I have A problem just like you. Today for the first time I was sleeping in my first period and my friends came up and woke me up and started talking to me for awhile. I apparently was just saying What? a lot. I dont remember it that well except my other friend asked what i was on. And apparently i was standing up but felt like I was sitting down. I was so out of reality that if a t rex walked in the room it would feel completely normal. I was shaking very bad the whole time and my heart was racing. What is wrong with me???? I have multiple marijuana uses from the past and have drank once.
i see the same things have been for years since i was 10 im 24 now, there not every night but occasionally
I have seen things as well! Like a black Figure crawling threw my bed room window!!! I am going to get a sleep study here very soon! My doctor also took blood to see if my thyroid is working properly! I have seen many things and I don't want to sound crazy! It's nice to see that I'm not the only one! I live in Oklahoma and my hubby is military police so he asked around about death of like Indians and what not but, the thing is I woke up to a older lady with her holding a small child! I've only experience one threatening one! I hope you all figure this out!
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740
I feel better that I'm not alone but I wish I could find out exactly how to stop it. Multiple times before, and just now, I wake up and on the wall  just inches in front of my face, i see a spider. Always a small brown recluse and always just sitting still. My husband always wakes up like he is going to kill it but he knows by now that it almost always me hallucinating. I was so scared o look it up because I was afraid it might have been early signs of a mental disorder or something.. :( sigh. I'm 22 and its just scary to realize that I am hallucinating you know.

If anyone KNOWS anything about this..my email is ***@****.. i am a christian so the guy at the beginning of the page speaking on it interested me.. but i never thought of the spider as a spirit or demon, jus thought the problem was me.
Beth, Please contact me so I can talk to you more about this stuff. I have been searching for reasons or what I may be experiencing. This is messing with my life because I feel like Im going crazy! Please email me ***@****
Hey...I dont know if you will even see this because you posted quite a while ago. But I hope you do....Im going through the same things you were describing....Im letting this run my life its all i think about. Im stressed and freaked the hell out. I dont know what I should do. Im hoping that maybe since your post you have learned more about this stuff? How can you make it go away? I havent seen people...yet...Ive seen black vines growing on my ceiling down to the wall, a red glisining graph with letters on my closet door. The spiders happened a while back....and I moved into this new house since seeing the spiders (only twice) People are trying to convince me that there is some spirit haunting me. Im not sure what is going on. I try everything. Sleeping with the lights on...sleeping with the TV on, nothing helps. I dont even want to sleep anymore. And am becomming more freaked out Im sure due to lack of sleep....Do you know anything? Is there any advice you can give me? i hate this.
About 6 months ago I woke up to a spider the size of a soccer ball dangling above my bed. I freaked out, waking my boyfriend up to tell him there was a spider in our room. He thought I was crazy....And so did I...because I knew that I had seen this spider....and it felt SO real. I felt like I was just woken up by it. I went back to sleep....a few weeks later, the same thing happened. I moved into a new house in Decemeber and shortly after I started getting woken up by strange things. I would see black vines growing from my ceiling down my wall....I saw a red graph of all of these letters on my closet door, they were so bright and sparkling. Another instence there was a blue star floating towards me as I lay in my bed. I jumped up and felt that I was still in my sleep, struggling to pull myself out of it I went towards the star and it disappeared. I felt so sick. Like I was going to throw up.  Another night I woke up and my whole entire bedroom was red. I remember laying there and shaking my boyfriend saying why is the room red!? and then noticing that it slowly faded away. I feel like Im awake but I feel trapped, I cant explain it. Like I cant make this stuff stop and its torturing me. Its usually always within the first hour of me falling asleep. There are more things that have happened but I have tried everything to keep from seeing this stuff..Sleeping with the TV on or sleeping with a light on and its still happening. Some people suggest that my house may be haunted...Im not sure what this all is. Im just looking for someone who has any sort of explination or if any of you have gone to a doctor and what they can do about this? Please let me know
Heres my case im 16 and i sleep 5:30am almost everyday then one day i was sleeping around 6:45 our maid opened my door so i got awake and saw her suddenly i saw something creepy on her face i stood up and started screaming please help!!!! This is no joke!!
I've had weird things happening to me since I was little.  It started off with seeing snakes.  It would be so bad I really thought snakes were in my room because I could see them, and when I would wake up, there was nothing there, I thought I was crazy so I brushed it off.  As the years went on I started seeing spiders, bugs and when I started seeing people it really freaked me out.  It so bad now I can't sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend because I wake him up. Now when I dream I feel a presence in the room. I have said prayers in my dreams to God and immediately I wake up.  I believe God does answer prayers.  For so long I thought I was crazy, but it is nice to know Im not the only one having similar experiences.  
There are people like me?  I'm a 16 year old male and I literally fear sleep.  I woke up last night trying to save my teacher from being crushed.  I was screaming frantically, I broke some of my old trophies from little league and tore down my curtain.  I don't feel tired during the day or anything, I've looked into it and nothing matches the description of what happens to me.  I'm so happy that I'm not the only one like this, please help me figure this out!  I know this discussion is old but I made an acc just to comment on this.
Right i just need some like advice right, i'm having nightmares about being in a city and down in an alley i'm seeing people being killed, raped or being attacked. Then i'll wake up to see a shadowed figure watching me this will happen about 3-4 times a night. This has been happening for about 6 months in different locations. When i asked my mum about it she said that my dad has the same dreams, she also said that when i was a baby i had a very paranormal childhood.    so like any advice would be useful!
Thank God for this thread. I have been having the same spider dreams since I was in high school and I am now 24. I would wake up to multiples in the bed and on the floor and times I would see a large one hanging above me! The scary thing is I feel 100% awake when I am seeing these spiders. I sometimes even see snakes... Anyway I started to search and read more on this becasuse last night my 2 year old kept me up and down all night with the same dreams and she seemed awake too! Please help if someone knows anything. Much appreciated.
I see black masses too.. At first I thought when I woke up too fast but I notice sometimes they just seem to stay there then go away.. I look around to make sure it's not just my eyes... It really freaks me out... These things are always so close to my head...
i dont know whats happening to me..,last night i had a dream about a room full of spiders and one of them chased me and bite me it was so real and i felt i died . and then after i woke up in the morning i was eating breakfast then i saw a real spider on the kitchen wall. thats so weird..and i had never seen a spider in my room before...
I am very happy we can all talk about this. I still have the chills up and down my spine from waking up two hours ago hearing a mouse-like creature fall onto my pillowcase and scatter along. After I heard that and jolted up, i had CRAZY goosebumps and still do. After that I kept hearing noises and tried to get back to sleep. I'm shaking uncontrollably without trying I'm so freaked out. My heart was racing faster than ever and finally came down to maybe 100/min. This blows since I work in 5 hours and fear going back to sleep since each time trying to sleep tonight I've felt half-awake/alive right when I'm about to hit the sack. I even took off my pillow case and stared around for an hour without realizing it until after the fact. God bless you all and I hope we all get better and get some much-needed, non-terrifying rest. Nobody is alone on this.
i jump when im going to sleep,but can cope with that.its everything else i see spiders etc but also jump out of bed to get people i see.i barley sleep and when i do im trying to save children[my own children]they are choking,falling,have things around their necks and broken bones.i really believe it and cry.my husband tells me about five times before i get back in bed.but still then its still own my mind so i dont go to sleep.will go docs soon cant cope no more.
I'm not sure why everyone is having the spider thing, but I am 14 and after my father's death ( I was 5) I started seeing things..not the way you are though. I only see people and animals and recently it had gone away and I was so relieved, but last night I had woken up and I was looking around and glanced in my mirror and I saw a man standing over the railing of my bed and experiencing these things before I naturally, like when I was younger shut my eyes immediatley and hid under the covers and when I went to take another look he was right in front of me stabbing himself. My mom is a therapist and has told me that trauma might be a cause...although I have not had the courage to tell her that it has come back since my siblings and parents treat me wierdly when I do see these things and share them....what is there to do?
This happens because of your ACh (acetylcholine) neurotransmitter in your brain during REM sleep. It's not a medical condition but a short natural "delirium" when waking up abruptly during or after the REM stage.
This is great and it sounds like you all remember to some extent what your seeing. BUT has anyone seen scary faces? People standing in the room or floating on top of you? How about colorful orbs? I have never seen a spider but i woke up historical one time because i see a porcupine catapiler and it was attacking my leg. I looked all thru my bed at first and i grabbed it from the sheets, when i lifted the sheets it was gone. But my leg was bleeding. Ive been like this for at least 8 years. i wake up screaming. I try and call out my fiancés name to wake me up out of the really bad dreams and i slam my hands, legs, and head on things to try and wake up. So i feel i am so awake even if I'm sleeping but as if I'm stuck. But why do i see these things after staring at them wide awake for 5 mins. as soon as i wake up my fiancé, or i turn on a light or take my eyes off of it, its gone. Am i going crazy? i mean its getting worse every day. Last night i felt like i was having a mini heart attack over and over again waking up out of a horribly frightening face of some sort.i never know exactly what it looked like i just can tell you "it was a large women" or "a tall man". This is getting serious. Anyone else close to this? My fiancé thinks "i see dead people" and they are trying to get my attention. i just think i need sleep. but never time to get it with these damn night terrors.
The reason you cannot move when you wake up is because the brain has not stopped the absorbtion of Glycine.  So your body is still in a state of natural paralysis that you are put into during dreaming.  It happens to some people.  The hallucinations are also from varying hallucinoginic chemicals that the brain produces for itself, carbachol, acetylcholine.. I can't really remember to be honest what the name of the Hallucinoginic chemical is, and if you forget what its name is, good luck finding it on the internet nowdays >.<
But yes, all it really is is a real dream pretty much taking place in real time.  Just be careful what you do when you awake and are not paralysed, like many of those here who saw spiders.  You can actually be killed in these.
wow. it's really weird that it's always spiders, I don't mind spiders at all but when I have the seeing things after I wake up expirience I also often see spiders. the strangest one was when I saw spiders (hundreds of them) crawling out of my alarm clock. I jumped out of my bed and my friend was really confused. I'm 18 now and have been having these expiriences for 6 years or so now, when I was really little I also had them, then was a phase when they were gone, then it came back, anyone know why? last night I apparantly woke up my boyfriend and said there was someone lying in my flatmates bed (she is isn't here just now) and I can't remember this happening.
They are Hypnagogic Hallucinations and a good portion of the population has them. They don't really understand what causes it but one theory is increased stress can bring them on.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-hypnagogic-hallucinations.htm
hi my name is Gary when i wake up from a nightmare or a sleep i see a spider and when i blank it was gone and i look everywhere and there was no sign i also can see the future and it goes wrong
hi my name is Gary when i wake up from a nightmare or a sleep i see a spider and when i blank it was gone and i look everywhere and there was no sign i also can see the future and it goes wrong and this been going on since i was a little kid
I have these dreams too! I was asleep, waking up in the middle of the night and (I have these fluffy lights hanging above my bed) as I woke up I saw about 3 or 4 spiders running along the wire and down my wall, I panicked and rushed to turn on my light I was so scared! I thought that it was just a one off dream but THEN I was staying round a friends house, I was not asleep, may have shut my eyes for a few mins then I opened my eyes and saw a huge spider with really long legs crawl across the pile of pillows. I then woke my  friend up and she just laughed! It also happened again when I went for a nap on the sofa, I woke up and saw all these spiders scuttling towards me it was really scary :(
Viewing 201-400 comments: