Sleep Disorders Community
Waking up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Waking up

I don't know how many times it is normal to wake up in the night, but I usually wake up 3-10 times per night. It takes me about 1-2 hours to get to sleep every night, and I wake up more and more frequently the longer I sleep (effectively preventing me from lying in on the weekends :( )
Is there any way to help fix any of this? I always feel really tired during the day. This has been going on for several years now.
you need to get into a sleep specialist

they will probably sleep lab you

its a pain 30 wires and your trying to sleep lol

it not that bad and you get answers which it sounds like you badly need

also melentonan helps theres other all natural no drug sleep aids

i have insomnia and at times i go days when im really stressed

also stop drinking and eating 2 hours before bed just little sips here and ther your body can empty before bed that way

lay in bed dim lights listen to relaxing music and focus on something that makes you happy let your self drift

look up on the net meditation self hypnoses focus

see if those dont help you out

good luck
Some good advice above, but don't think a sleep "study" will stop your sleeping problems unless you a correctable condition, such as obstructive sleep apnea.

Waking up 3 times a night is not very unusual if you are an olde (over 65) person, 10 times in ng at any age.

I'm about this community/forum because I too suffer from sleep problems and an now thinking about the meditation idea and may give it a try.

Do you have any recollection of dreaming, do you suffer from depression, or anxiety?  Do you have allergies and breathing problems... just thinking of a few fixable things that might be troubling you.