Sleep Disorders Community
head sensations when trying to sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

head sensations when trying to sleep

recently i have been having very awkward sensations in my head while im dozing off just before i will fall asleep i get this weird jolt of sensation in my head and it wakes me up instantly in a panic and my will feel almost dizzy  with pressure in my head  and kinf of faint like with a kind of fullness in my head in my forehead i took zoloft for a day  not too long ago and i had a bad reaction to it and i recall feeling the same way when i hadf that reaction when i tried to go to sleep and so im wondering if maybe the mecidicine messed up my head  into doing this now or if its something serious or neurological problems and i dont knwo how to explain this but it feels like something is holding my eyes open i dotn know what to do PLEASE HELP ME!
I have sorta the same thing, but WITH dizzyness.  I too, suspect something in a drug to be the at the root of my problem.  Currently, I'm checking into "Ototoxicity".
Avatar_dr_m_tn
HI.

Was Zoloft prescribed to you be a Neurologist ? If yes, then you should report to him.
Since you had the symptoms before startig Zoloft, it is unlikely that this is due to the medicine.

Regards

DrAbhijeetMD