Sleep Disorders Community
jumping in sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

jumping in sleep

lately i have been snoring a lot and i jump in my sleep and have nightmares as well as waking
up soaked with sweat. this has been happening every night  i suffer from anxiety and panic
but i take xanac before bed. i was on prozac for 5 years but the past few months i changed
to effexor.. do u think this could be it?
Avatar n tn
I would advice you to meet a psychiatrist.Try to figure out a problem which bothers your subconscious mind.Consult a neurologist.Do a EEG test to find any abnormal activity in the brain.
Stress could hamper sleep.
Goodluck.
Avatar n tn

It seems that you have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA). Your complaints like snoring, restless sleep and nightmares are known symptoms in patient's with OSA. Sleep study (polysomnography) can confirm the diagnosis.

Stress and anxiety can also lead to nightmares.
Avatar n tn

effexor is known to cause vivid dreams in 3-7% cases and excessive sweating 10-14% cases, electric shock like sensations called "brain zaps" and excessive anxiety, it also has serious side effects like suicidal tendencies, i suggest you consult your physician about this. Maybe he can switch you to another antidepressent.
I snore heavily everynight- lately I feel like my body is jumping in my sleep. I feel like I have gone a foot in the air. Sometimes when I am first sleeping my body does the same thing but at a lesser level. I am concerned about this as it disrupts my sleep more. Any suggestions? Carol