Sleep Disorders Community
melatonin for insomnia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

melatonin for insomnia

Has anyone used melatonin to help them fall asleep to any great effect. It has yet to work for me
Hi i used melatolin for a period of time , and yes it helped , i found it worked better in a dark room with no light coming in the bedroom , i used to take it an hour before i went to bed ,

My Doctor took me off it cause i am on a CPAP Machine , But he put me on another drug , Zopiclone that knocks me out nicely Plus i'm not groggy in the morning , you may like to ask for it , i get a good 8 hours sleep with it ,
Hope this helped , Take care ,
I had used melatolin for some time but it did not worked for me. A friend suggested me to try Somulin and after taking it for few days I could actually sleep well. And next morning I feel fresh and energetic. Here is its official site. http://www.somulin.com/
Melatonin works for me, but when the insomnia is really bad, I have to take a high dose, sometimes as much as 10mg, for it to work.  I usually take half my dose in the form of time-release melatonin (which is a little bit hard to find, but it's out there), and the other half in the form of immediate-release melatonin.

There are a lot of over-the-counter sleep aids, and you may have to just run down the list and start trying all of them, until you find something that works for you.  Good sleep hygiene, exercise, and diet can help, too.  The one thing that has helped me more than anything else has been finding an anti-inflammatory diet and sticking with it.