Sleep Disorders Community
nicknamed "Dream Jumper"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

nicknamed "Dream Jumper"

Well for the past 10 years i was able to acctualy see my friends dreams and tell them what they dreamed about. It scared both me and them but everytime i woke up from one of those dreams afetr somehow being hurt in them, i ended up gasping for air and wakeing up with a blurd vision. Has anyone else ever experienced this? im only 16 and it scares me knowing that both the pain and not being able to breath when i wake up is real. all answers are widely appreciated.
Hi, there could be many reasons at your age to have these night terrors like some terror event which you might have noticed and keep recollecting, a very hard and havoc day at college/work, going to bed late night, excessive caffeine, alcohol or staying away for parents and so on. Stress either physical or mental does trigger them. Do morning evening walk, stretches, have nutritious diet with lot of water or other liquids, have hot shower and listen to soft music before going to bed, these can be soothing to mind and body so it may be of some help. Medications, including tricyclic antidepressants such as imipramine, may be prescribed for severe cases of sleep terrors as a temporary solution. In many cases, though, sleep terrors resolve themselves over time. Keep updating of any visit to Neurophysician or sleep specialist. Take care.
Considering you are remembering the events upon waking, you are most likely coming out of REM sleep.   If you're unable to move and aware of it, it is likely an episode of SP. Sleep paralysis usuallly produces very vivid scenes that can be very life like.  With me I get it in all kinds of stages. It seems to manifest itself into very lucid dreaming.
Hi, how are you doing? It is common for someone getting such episodes of sleep disturbance, this is sleep paralysis occurs when your may go to sleep or may tend to wake up from sleep. You may feel incapable of moving your body or even part of it physically. It may be for a few seconds to minutes. It leaves you scary and confused. Night terrors can worsen it. Relax and be assured nothing happened .Try to change your sleeping position and avoid sleeping supine, and better to sleep little early. Avoid alcohol, smoking, caffeine, too spicy meal and sleeping late night. Alprax before sleep can be tried. Take care.