Sleep Disorders Community
zopiclone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

zopiclone

how is Zopiclone(Imovane) as a sleeping aid?.How effective is it?.
Avatar dr f tn
Zopiclone is indicated to treat sleeping problems such as insomnia.This  non-benzodiazepine hypnotic agent is recommended to use only for short periods and as prescribed to prevent tolerance. This may make it less effective. Side effects may include any of the following: drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, bitter taste, dry mouth, headache or stomach upset. Take care and best regards.
Thanks for information but I heard that Zopiclone is as addictive as Xanax(acts on same receptor) so I will take Melatonin for sleep instead.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? If taken for long periods, this may be addictive. This is why it is only recommended only for short periods.  You can take Melatonin if you prefer this.

Take care and do keep us posted.
my GP put me on zopiclone almost two weeks ago after involuntary methadone withdrawal (75mg to zero in 8 weeks). It does get me to sleep but am now concerned with the possible addictiveness of it. Am struggling horribly with withdrawal  for the 1st time in 46yrs & been on methadone 18 years & used opiates the previous 7 years. Opiates addicts since 17. if anyone can help me I'd be so grateful.  Apparently zopiclone should be only used short term & i've been on it 12 days now with another 20 day script.     ?safe?  i've read that its an alternative to benzos but read elsewhere that it can be just as addictive for drug addicts. Please any advice would be so so welcome. Sorry if I veered off on a tangent! No offence meant