Smoking Addiction Community
Quitting Smoking for REAL

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Quitting Smoking for REAL

Ok, so how do I quit smoking when I am so tied to it?

I smoke about 3 puffs of a Marlboro red 100, which is probably close to half a "regular" cig, but I just cannot let those puffs go.

I smoke three nice puffs *goes down maybe a 1/4 the cig*, then the smell and taste get to me and I ash it, the buzz is STRONG and I don't need anymore that day.

I made it through 3 exam days *all my exams* with out a smoke and that is the most stressed out I've been, but in the end I still just desire those 3 puffs.

How have people quit for GOOD?  For me, I have a strong tie to smoking; I find it relaxing, philosophical, meditative, and I just feel like one whole "good".  I get this feeling even without inhaling, coming to find out that it's not the buzz I enjoy but the smoke.  I am FIXATED by the smoke in a very strong way.

I know this sounds like hippie bull shlaka but it really is the smoke.

About a year ago I got up to 6 cigarettes a day and started to slow down this past December.  Since then I went down to 3 a day, then 1 a day, and now it is puffs here or there every day / every other day.

Thank you for all help and sorry, I realize the above is probably all over the place haha.
for me it has to be with money so i  had to cut it for sure...