Smoking Addiction Community
Situation that triggers smoking

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Situation that triggers smoking

Hi guys.I started smoking when I was going through a very bad break up.It dragged on for very long and I started smoking to cool my anger..or maybe as one of the tools to self destruct..so I smoked whenever I saw her and soon it became a habit.I have been smoking for 3 years and this is my best effort yet at quitting.I had been clean for 3 months until last Sunday when I came across her pictures on FB(i hate it that she looks so good) and I couldn't control myself and smoked four cigarettes one after the other.It is these type of situations that I can never handle.I can control my other urges like smoking right after a nice and heavy meal but anything related to her and my effort is all wasted.However, I have not smoked again since the fateful sunday but every second is a fight.I am not sure how much longer I can stop myself. I know I sound like a loser but can anyone please suggest how to overcome the tendency?
Hey man, quitting and staying quit is a tough one.  I quit once for a few years.  I thought about using every day for probably half of that.  The second time I quit (recently), I gave it up for 8 months.  I slowly stated using again while under stress.  I'm not using as bad as I used too, but it is completely frustrating.

I want to quit again and I know what it takes for me to quit.  I have to get it in my mind that I can do it, but I just have to stick too it this time.  I wish I could tell you something that would help.  Have you tried any behavior modification or spoken to a therapist or perhaps an addiction specialist?