Why does it make me want to smoke so much?
Smoke free for ten days. Taking Hydrocodone for pain and it is making want to smoke like crazy!!! Why is this happening, I thought I was doing so well?!!!!???? :(
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on 10 smoke free days! That is really a huge accomplishment. I think it is really ironic that you posted this because lately I have been thinking if only I still took vicodin, I could use it to quit smoking!  Total lie, I know. (I am a recoverying addict of pills). The only thing I think that could be making you want to smoke is sometimes painkillers cloud our thinking and it could be doing that to your reasons for wanting to quit. Also, like pretty much every addictive drug, it takes some time before our brains start getting back into the swing of functioning without the chemical. But in your case, you are through the worst of it.  Please be careful not to trade one addiction for another, that is what happened to me a few years ago.  And please DONT smoke.  I would do almost anything to be where you are in your quit.... (besides take pills).  GREAT JOB & STAY STRONG!
I am taking vicodin and smoking my brains out too!  Someone told me that vicodin triggers the same part of the brain that smoking hits!  So, taking vicodin makes you crave more and cigs help the cravings!  I am really wanting to get off of the vic, sick of it...been on it 7 months now and it is a terrible ball and chain.  I feel like my moods are all over the place and I feel aweful!  Going to go to a Pain Clinis on the 24th and, hopefull, they will give me suboxone for a SHORT period of time in order to lessen the withdrawls!  Good for you for quitting smoking!
Congrats on yOur 10 days!!!  That's great. I am at 3 days. I will. E having. A k surgery, for a cyst on my spine sometime in November if all goes according to plan. The surgeon says I have a much better chance of a quick recovery and better healing if I quit smoking.  I am trying, it is sooo hard. I also take oxycodone for the pain in my spine, so I am craving a cig realllllyyyyy bad!!!! I just refuse to smoke. My hubby and daughter who lives next door smoke too.  Hubby is smoking outside n a told my daughter. It to bring hers to the house (she smokes menthol, that's my smoke of choice) lol. Good luck to you and let me know if u come up with a miracle that makes this easy. Ha!